Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

who all is rerolling on Bartz

forcelimaforcelima Member UncommonPosts: 232

Was just wonderring how many people here was going to reroll on Bartz?

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

I'm currently on Bartz, started 2 nights ago, and have to agree with what people said, it's  not your parent's Lineage 2, that's for sure.  Level 29 currently, thorugh the first class change, all in the space of a few short hours.  (very weird to me since I last played and it could have taken me a month to get this far)

They hand out adena like water too, which is pretty cool first until you realize people are selling D grade elven long swords for 600K and I noticed some of the gold sellers were offering adena in bulks up to 100M (320.00 US)

A grade gear must cost a small forture and while right now my income is fueled by outrage quest rewards, I've heard that the game goes back to a more traditional grind model at some point, so I'm wondering how I'll be earning my adena then.

Oh well, will cross that bridge when I come to it.

One other thing, while the "other" space MMO is getting all the big press, over on Bartz it's busy as heck in the newbie lands, and I would have actually advanced faster and further if I didn't have to struggle so hard to get a npc kill as the starter area is jammed.

As a Figher/monk it pretty much sucked watching the range casters take all my kills as I plodded my way towards them, ( I ended up figuring out it was better just to stay put and wait for respawns to appear close to me)  but... (and this is something I don't remember having when I played the monk line before) somewhere around level 24 or 28 I got a single ranged spell (powerful one at that) so  now I can ninja with the best of them. :)

I have to say, its been really fun coming back so far, and I was amazed looking at the world map how much larger it had grown, so many places I've never been before, and looking forward to seeing some of the old ones again.

So I'd recommend anyone considering a return come to Bartz, it may say light server load, but that's definitely not true in the starter zones, more like Grand Central Station.  image

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821

I probably will after they lift the 2 character limit until then I'll stay on Chronos. What can I say I'm an Altiholic... LOL

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• RavenRaven Member UncommonPosts: 2,005

Grade gear is actually quite cheap now, to put it in perspective you can buy from the giran luxury shop lower S grade now for around 7mil a weapon.  The reason being they want ppl to be 85+ that is where the new expansion starts and its a lot of fun.

I am on Naia and its pretty full at the moment not in a bad way, I love seeing all the ppl around it has really revived this game.

Question for anyone, lots of lower level characters running around with names like jlw12 and l13r4, is it safe to assume they are mostly bots?

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

Is Bartz full of Brazilians too ? BR, BR BR br

This is why i gave up...

I did see some guilld recruiting chat going on that I thought was Espanol but perhaps it was Brazilian.

Haven't seen much chatter out there, so can't say whether there's a lot of folks from BR.

I'm having fun, but now that I'm up to level 32 I'd like to figure out the best way to find myself a clan, would make it less lonely and people might be able to answer some of the questions I have.

(like what is that gold CP value bar at the top of my character that never goes up or down, currently shows about 700 for me, i'm going the Tyrant route btw)

Originally posted by Kyleran

Question for anyone, lots of lower level characters running around with names like jlw12 and l13r4, is it safe to assume they are mostly bots?

Yeah they are, the thing tho is you can make more money questing than grinding nowadays so it doesnt really matter, also it wont be a problem at high levels some of the new group areas you cant really bot, without a couple of active healers and a tank your royally fcked essentially. Bots are a lot less nowadays aswell and they seem to be actively policing them.

Also CP is a PVP only health pool bar, so in PVP your CP goes down then your HP starts going down.

Best way to find a clan in my opinion is doing parties, lots of clans will want to get ppl in their academy aswell so I would shout and see what I get, another thing is to get a mentor that really improves your leveling experience.

Being that the server has only been open a couple of days I expect it will take some time for clans to solidify. Probably not a lot folks doing much mentoring either ;)

Being that the server has only been open a couple of days I expect it will take some time for clans to solidify. Probably not a lot folks doing much mentoring either ;)

Now its the perfect time to try and get into an active clan I think then, no one is going to be taking any castles soon the guards are all 86 and have 10% more dmg against non awakened characters so it will own everyone, I would strongly recommend getting into a clan that is serious about it a good way to measure that is their commitment to get a clan hall from the get go it requires the commitment of the entire clan at this early stage.

Originally posted by rav3n2

Now its the perfect time to try and get into an active clan I think then, no one is going to be taking any castles soon the guards are all 86 and have 10% more dmg against non awakened characters so it will own everyone, I would strongly recommend getting into a clan that is serious about it a good way to measure that is their commitment to get a clan hall from the get go it requires the commitment of the entire clan at this early stage.

Yep, I'm looking around but so far haven't been outside of Gludio, and I'm thinking the serious business clans are all deeper into the game world.  Going to head over to Giran later and see if there's any decent recruiting action there.

BTW, just hit level 41 and had my 2nd class change over to Tyrant.  This during my third play session (1st one was an hour, 2nd about 3, today, around 4-5 hrs).

This is definitely not the Lineage 2 I remember. 

Edit: BTW, did I mention I'm really enjoying myself here?  If I could just resolve this clan issue so I had someone to talk with everything would be just about perfect.

• MasterChaosXMasterChaosX Member Posts: 52

I first started on that new server but i felt like joining the newest server Bartz. Game looks pretty good. Actually having fun in it

• DaftDaft Member UncommonPosts: 170

http://truly-free.lineage2.com/path

Just claim the stuff given off that link and you wont have to buy anything until after 76. its give you all the D,C,B, A, And S gear and weapons free.

An amazing thing, in one day Bartz server pop went from low to high. I thought they might have been messing with it to encourage people to join it, but when my son started his new character this morning the newbie island/quest chain was jammed with even more folks then when I started 5 days ago. Seems to be gaining momentum.

They will be back up to 8 or more servers in no time at this rate... lol

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085

I did see some guilld recruiting chat going on that I thought was Espanol but perhaps it was Brazilian.

I am not aware there is any such language ? Brazil speaks Portugese. Other than that, there are of course a myriad of indian languages in Brazil.

Originally posted by Adamantine

I am not aware there is any such language ? Brazil speaks Portugese. Other than that, there are of course a myriad of indian languages in Brazil.

There are Indians in Brazil? Here I thought they were Amazonians and they were from India the whole time! image

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• forcelimaforcelima Member UncommonPosts: 232

Has anyone found any good clans?

One of you guys should start one. The game gives such crazy amounts of SP and Adena now that it won't hurt your characters any. You could get it to level 3 almost instantly at level 40+. image

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• forcelimaforcelima Member UncommonPosts: 232

That actually is not a bad idea. Anyone interested pm me and lets see if we can gets this off the ground.

Originally posted by Adamantine

Oops....I stand corrected, though the only Brazillian I ever met spoke English, German and Hebrew. (Met him in Isreal). Finding a clan with a sizeable amount of US players is proving challenging. Also a few clans I,contacted wanted 3 plus hrs a day of minimum play time and mandatory siege attendence which my real life schedule can't support.