Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What do you guys think of this article on Massively about upcoming Developed MMOs (TOP 10)?

Comments

• wizyywizyy Member UncommonPosts: 629

Fallout Online... if anyone is actually working on it. We don't have anything to see yet.

• k11keeperk11keeper Member UncommonPosts: 1,048

Though I admit I haven't been following any of those even remotely close the one that gets my attention the most is World of Darkness. A White Wolf influenced game is something that has been needed to be done for a long time. Plus with CCP behind it I don't think it will follow what other companies have been putting out now or whenever it is released.

Another bonus is it isn't traditional high fantasy or sci-fi which has dominated the MMO landscape. Plus the white wolf vampires and werewolves are not like the lame pre-teen sparkly ones like in the twilight movies. They are what vampires and werewolves should be.

• minttunatorminttunator Member UncommonPosts: 131

World of Darkness, by miles. 

I hope CCP's financial situation improves so they can put more weight behind its development. 

• PyscoJuggaloPyscoJuggalo Member UncommonPosts: 1,114

Class4 is the most interesting to me, been following it for a while.  A  zombie survival sandbox MMORPG, can't beat that.  Going to have to buy an X Box 360 again, but I don't care, the concept sounds excellent.  I also think they are doing an open world PVP thing where people are just as dangerous as the zombies (AKA, don't know who to trust).

Of the rest:

Pathfinder sounds interesting, but don't know much about it.

Otherland never heard of.

WoD, I don't trust CCP with the microtransaction revelations of late.  That and the fact thedevelopers have been shown to be corrupt, I just don't trust them.

Defiance sounds like a weird gimmick....

I never played Fallout, should try that game...

Mechwarrior interests me,but don't know much about the MMO.

Dominus never heard of.

Neverwinter,they are making it an action game, dumb.  Just use D20 you dumbasses!

Never heard of Wizardry and ain't a fan of anime.

--When you resubscribe to SWG, an 18 yearold Stripper finds Jesus, gives up stripping, and moves with a rolex reverend to Hawaii.
    --In MMORPG's l007 is the opiate of the masses.
    --The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence!
    --CCP could cut off an Eve player's fun bits, and that player would say that it was good CCP did that.

• RedcorRedcor Member Posts: 426

Fallout online

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can
    be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
    -Robert E. Howard

• GeminiStaticGeminiStatic Member UncommonPosts: 182

I think they're all interesting in their own way, but yes I have to say:

WoD - Been a fan since forever and yes it's not that Club Twist glittery vampire high school high werewolf bullshit.

Fallout Online - ENOUGH SAID!

Class 4- Another FUCK YEAH!

I would give a shit less about the other games to be brutally honest.

I have most faith in these 3 titles. I'm sure that Interplay and Bethesda resovle their issues so we cna get our game. 

Old School Gamer - http://www.rsclegacy.com/
  • golabgolab Member UncommonPosts: 21

I would say WoD, if it were going to *be* the actual World of Darkness, but what I read said it's not.

No Werewolves, no Mages, it's not even the New WoD, it's the old one, and it's just supposed to be a Vampire the Masquerade game.

I'd have loved to see what a Mage character might have been like, but Masquerade? No thanks, I'll pass.

*edit* Forgot to actually answer the question. Pathfinder I'm looking forward to. They took the D&D property and did some interesting things with it, let's see if it translates into a decent MMO.

"As a foulness ya shall know them."

• DiSpLiFFDiSpLiFF Member UncommonPosts: 602

none, they all look pretty dumb in their own right. Just saying.