Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Critical Exploit in SW:TOR Wrecking Launch

Comments

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by goldiewilson

Originally posted by Loktofeit 
    Who are you quoting from LinkedIn? The way you present this, it looks like that is an official message and that this official message is titled "Critical Exploit in SW:TOR Wrecking Launch"

Either you or the person you copied that from seem to be mixing personal opinion with official source in what is a less than honest way to represent something. Would like to have more facts about what you've posted, if possible.

If you want you can just go to the official forums thread on the matter.
    http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=9211&page=2

That thread was closed and redirected to a main thread (which I didn't get a link to, sorry). The posts I saw could be summed up with:
    • "I heard that"...but no confirmation AND
    • The XP from war fronts is really good allowing you to out level your story line if you played them too much.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

Originally posted by Zarynterk

Originally posted by waynejr2

So they are "exploiting" by your definition... Well in my opinion buying farmed gold from China is cheating and hence would be considered an exploit, however 80-90% of MMo players have done it... Remember that saying about living in a glass house...
    There is no way I would believe that 80 - 90 percent of the population buys gold.  Pulling numbers out of you know where invalidates your point and make your future points doubtful.

Sorry, that excuse is bull shit... I was apart of a 90 member guild in WoW, all of which who bought gold at one point or another... It was discussed in guild chat constantly...
    People can continue to front about not buying gold, but its just like masturbation... 90% of people do it, only 10% admit to it.

I was part of a 90 member guild and nobody bought gold. So with the available information, at best 50% of the people who played bought gold.

• ZarynterkZarynterk Member UncommonPosts: 398

Originally posted by lizardbones

So they are "exploiting" by your definition... Well in my opinion buying farmed gold from China is cheating and hence would be considered an exploit, however 80-90% of MMo players have done it... Remember that saying about living in a glass house...

There is no way I would believe that 80 - 90 percent of the population buys gold.  Pulling numbers out of you know where invalidates your point and make your future points doubtful.

Sorry, that excuse is bull shit... I was apart of a 90 member guild in WoW, all of which who bought gold at one point or another... It was discussed in guild chat constantly...

People can continue to front about not buying gold, but its just like masturbation... 90% of people do it, only 10% admit to it.

I was part of a 90 member guild and nobody bought gold. So with the available information, at best 50% of the people who played bought gold.

Again, going back to my original point... No one admits it, ever... At least I am f*cking man enough to say, yeah hell yes I have helped raise many, many chinese children through my "donations" ; )

• gaugemewgaugemew Member Posts: 158

Can I ask when having a good moral principle was advertised as jeleousy?

If for any other reason then the principle of the thing, it matters.  People are cheating to get ahead.  That is fundmentally against what most people I know stand for.  Integrity, honor.  Simply put, you are a tool if you use these things to get ahead.  Not because I'm jeleous, or want some server first, but because I know you don't have any integrity, and that is the real reason I don't like you.

Again, going back to my original point... No one admits it, ever... At least I am f*cking man enough to say, yeah hell yes I have helped raise many, many chinese children through my "donations" ; )

What exactly is the point of expressing your opinions and responding to other peoples' opinions if your response is always, "You're Lying"? Other than trying to troll and derail threads.

• onthestickonthestick Member Posts: 600

Originally posted by onthestick

Originally posted by pmiles

Is it just me or is Lobotomist starting threads on anything and everything to bash SW:TOR?

Teala and lobo both. If it is negative news they are you reporters..if anything positive..they are nowhere to be seen. And they still have galls to call anyone who disagees a fanboi.

Stick, you do the same f*cking thing... anyone who posts anything negative about SWTOR, even if it is factually true; you jump all over them with your fanboi-ness, get a grip.

Factually true? where? like your numbers? lol

I am yin to your yang..you jump on all the positive ones and i on negative.

How many servers SWTOR will launch with on release?

ShredderSE - Umm how many do they need? Maybe 6.
    US, EU, Asian, France, German and Russian.
    Subs will be so low there is no need for more
    Snoocky-How many servers?
    The first 3 months a lot...after that 2 i guess, one for PVE and 1 for PVP...

Thorbrand - SWTOR doesn't have longevity at all. Might be one of the shortest lived MMOs.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

Tu quoque, or the appeal to hypocrisy, is a kind of logical fallacy. It is a Latin term for "you, too" or "you, also". 

I honestly always considered anyone who ever bought gold in WoW to be mostly a terrible money manger, or incredibly impatient--since raising capital was so annoyingly easy.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

Is it just me or is Lobotomist starting threads on anything and everything to bash SW:TOR?
    Teala and lobo both. If it is negative news they are your reporters..if anything positive..they are nowhere to be seen. And they still have galls to call anyone who disagees a fanboi.

"Lobotomist" - Surgeon who performs lobotomies. i.e. jabbing needles into brains.

"Teala" - that just sounds like the name of a cute girl...I can't find anything that would relate the name to anything negative. Sorry.

But "Lobotomist"? Jabbing needles in brains? I mean, c'mon! JABBING NEEDLES IN BRAINS?!? Why would you expect positive feel good posts from someone with a name like that?!?

• onthestickonthestick Member Posts: 600

Teala and lobo both. If it is negative news they are you reporters..if anything positive..they are nowhere to be seen. And they still have galls to call anyone who disagees a fanboi.

Stick, you do the same f*cking thing... anyone who posts anything negative about SWTOR, even if it is factually true; you jump all over them with your fanboi-ness, get a grip.

Factually true? where? like your numbers? lol

I am yin to your yang..you jump on all the positive ones and i on negative.

Check your post history... true genius...

Pot meets kettle...HI!!

How many servers SWTOR will launch with on release?

ShredderSE - Umm how many do they need? Maybe 6.
    US, EU, Asian, France, German and Russian.
    Subs will be so low there is no need for more
    Snoocky-How many servers?
    The first 3 months a lot...after that 2 i guess, one for PVE and 1 for PVP...

Thorbrand - SWTOR doesn't have longevity at all. Might be one of the shortest lived MMOs.

• kakasakikakasaki Member UncommonPosts: 1,205

Sorry, not to stir the pot or be rude but there is nothing "man" like to admitting you buy gold. If you buy gold from gold farmers you are a cheater that contributes to:

1. destruction of game economies

2. helps support illegal activities and organizations

3. support the very people that run gold farming "sweat-shops" in China.

Nothing to be proud of in my book... image

A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true...

Originally posted by Icewhite

I honestly always considered anyone who ever bought gold in WoW to be mostly a terrible money manger, or incredibly impatient--since raising capital was so annoyingly easy.

How about the third option... that I make a sh*t load of money... and have it to spend =) My financials don't really reflect that of the normal "gamers"...

• nyxiumnyxium Member UncommonPosts: 1,345

Cheater's gonna cheat.

How about the third option... that I make a sh*t load of money... and have it to spend =) My financials don't really reflect that of the normal "gamers"...

So did I, and it didn't cost me a cent.  

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

Originally posted by Icewhite

So did I, and it didn't cost me a cent.  

Ahhh I get it... market that bad to ya was it?

Did you leverage yourself too heavily in the MBS market lol...

Ahhh I get it... market that bad to ya was it?

If by "bad" you mean "I was good enough at it that I didn't ever need to buy a single gold", then yes.

Why doesn't everyone on earth have a criminal record, if "crookedness" is a universal constant?

• faxnadufaxnadu Member UncommonPosts: 940

Originally posted by BadSpock

Originally posted by Teala

Originally posted by Jimmydean

Bioware did state yesterday that no one was above level 30. However I have heard people stating they are level 40+ at this point. Hard to tell who to believe, but if this exploit doesnt get fixed it will be a huge game issue. It doesnt matter if it affects your personal story or not, its affecting your game so u should take note.

That is BS, because we sat here and watched level 30's playing the night before yesterday doing a flashpoint on a live feed.   Personally I do not care, but the fact that the guy is lying and saying nobody is that high yet is totally wrong.   All anyone has to do is go to any number of live feed wesbites and there are numerous ones and you can see people who are well over 30.   There were also feeds of people showing how to do the exp exploit in the - both PvP and PvE one.   The exp exploits were well known and discussed very heavily in beta and now Bioware is trying to say they didn't exist or don't exist.   Typical BS from a game compaby trying to cover their asre.

Well I feel bad for all the players that are going to get banned or their level auto-dropped by Bioware when they finish collecting data and start swinging the ban hammer.

In the end, cheaters hurt themselves more then anyone else.

Morons, if you ask me.

Trying to get to max level asap in this game is retarded.

yout tried so hard to defend your beloved game gg for that.

also its not just his game its every gods damn new mmo out there there is always manymany people who dedicated their time for getting max level as fast as pos and there will always be those players. no matter how great story you build no matter how many different voice actors you have these guys just skip n go everything.

nuf said

• stevebmbsqdstevebmbsqd Member Posts: 448

For the life of me, I can not understand why people are watching live streams and are worried about exploits if they dont like or want to play the game.  Why not go and do something you do like rather than sit at your computer and try to convince everyone that your opinion is right?

Originally posted by stevebmbsqd

why people are watching live streams and are worried about exploits if they dont like or want to play the game.

More ammunition for Forum Wars.  Some people do take our little afternoon excercise way too seriously.

The other possibility that suggests itself involves a paycheck.

• dubyahitedubyahite Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    I was doing PvP at 2 am yesterday an getting full matches. This "exploit" is being blown out of proportion.

If as many people are doing this as everyone claims, then it wouldn't work. It only takes 16 people to fill a warzone. Simple math.

If everyone is doing it, it won't work. If it does work, only 10 or so people per server can do it.

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

The Secret World - Dragons

Planetside 2 - Terran Republic

Tera - Dragonfall Server

http://www.shadowshand.com

• PieRadPieRad Member Posts: 1,108

Originally posted by Azaria

A troll with 3183 posts since 2007, doubt he would still have an account by now.

Lol, you'd be surprised, you can get an infinite number of temporary bans here at mmorpg.... And I should know.. :D

Also, it is not hard to hit 50 in less than a week in this game legitimately if you rush.

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

Tera - Dragonfall Server

Originally posted by dubyahite
    Also, it is not hard to hit 50 in less than a week in this game legitimately if you rush.

That's really the thing. People who play without PvP are at the same level as the people who 'exploited' the game's mechanics. If there is no level difference (or even very little level difference), then it's not an exploit.

• buegurbuegur Member UncommonPosts: 457

Glad I'm not in the early start as I'm sure if there is an exploit it will be patched by the time I get the game.  Since I'm not into full PvP someone getting to level 50 before me has no bearing on how I will like the game.  Can't imagine why anyone buys a game to cheat and not enjoy it for the journey, but its their choice.  Just don't whine when you level out and tell us theres nothing to do lol.

• MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609

Originally posted by dubyahite

That's really the thing. People who play without PvP are at the same level as the people who 'exploited' the game's mechanics. If there is no level difference (or even very little level difference), then it's not an exploit.

I don't play SW:tOR, nor do I envision playing this game in the future.  I haven't really followed it, other than in topic headlines in these forums and some articles on the site.  My computer wouldn't run it, even if I wanted to play it.  So, I see myself as pretty much as an outsider for this game..

But I am wondering why all the venom is being spewed towards those who might be 5-10 levels ahead of them.  I think the issue is more about the game being too easy in the first place.  Entirely too many players will be max level before the 5 day pre-order period is over, and I would suspect the bulk of the playerbase will be max level before January unless they choose not to max out.  For a game lauded as deep and lore-filled, it certainly appears to me that the game's mechanics simply are not deep enough to provide any kind of lengthy play time.  And for an MMO, no matter how much initial popularity it experiences, that doesn't seem like something that is condusive to this game lasting too long, and ultimately, this lack of content could lead to its downfall.

Even if people are cheating (which I would agree deserves some punative action from Bioware), I would think that the ability to consume the content faster than a hungry mutated shark could run through a lake full of swimmers on a bad SyFy movie would be a bigger concern.  The cost of the pre-order game simply should be providing more than it has.

To me, this doesn't sound like the game is delivering value for the money.  And that'd get me angrier than being ganked  (another) umpty-zillion times in a game world far, far away.

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

People are still ignoring the math on this. It take 16 people to fill a warzone. It can continue with less.

By it's very nature this exploit cannot be "wide spread"

If 16 people are queuing up then the exploit can't happen. Only a very small amount of people could do this on any given server. Less than 16.

It's not what you all are claiming. Try basic math.

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

Tera - Dragonfall Server