Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A Thread I Wrote on Interplay's Forums for Fallout Online! Do You Agree and what else can you add??

GeminiStaticGeminiStatic Member UncommonPosts: 182

Things I Would Love to See in Fallout Online

postby Geministatic » Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:43 pm

Player Built Housing/Villages: 

Yes, destructible and Build-able. Make salvaging a HUGE part of Fallout Online. I mean it makes sense. let us Terraform in some spots also so we can build underground villages form caves or whatever too. it would be awesome!

Open World FFA PvP with PvP Consent

A lot of us want to be able to kill each other in such a harsh world like Fallout Online so it makes sense...however in order to not lose the carebears.. let's allow a PvP with consent so no one cries and leaves because they keep getting PWNED. Also make huge consequences among players and NPCs when someone PKs a lot for the sake of crime. People that get attacked for no reason by PKers can PK without becoming a criminal (YES use Karma points here, I guess) 

Gear Craft/No Gear Grind

Let's make it simple here guys. Don't do that whole crap about end game gear grind.. EVERYONE HATES IT. Make it simple and easy for us. Again crafting should be a huge part.

Skill Based Not Level Based PLEASE

This makes total sense ALAS Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas.. except add more skills that will be viable to the MMO. Let us steal from anyone with a high enough pickpocket skill level even players unless they have PvP Consent OFF.

Make the world huge and dynamic!

Every expansion should unveil more parts of the United States, but make each part of the U.S. huge. 

Player Based Economy

Take notes from EVE Online but in the Fallout Series

Let us hire Mercenaries

To hire as guards to protect our player built villages when we're offline. There should be a skill for this under leadership skills. Under the leadership skills you're able to hire high level guards to protect your village.

Get all factions from FO1, FO2, FT,F3, and FNV and let us join them

It would be awesome to build clans based on these factions as well as our own. 

Let us play as mutants or humans

Would be awesome! 

Let us pick being what we want to be

Whether we want to be sales people pushing Caravans for money, assassins, sheriffs, crafters, etc. Let us control what we want to do. Let us be good evil neutral and let us be hired as mercenaries for other player caravans. Let me be a lot like Eve in that sense! 

If anyone else wants to add more please add below. I think it would be great to read this from people that already want to play your game.

Old School Gamer - http://www.rsclegacy.com/

Comments

• onthestickonthestick Member Posts: 600

Carebears..Pwned..PK..and i knew where this topic was going.

How many servers SWTOR will launch with on release?

ShredderSE - Umm how many do they need? Maybe 6.
    US, EU, Asian, France, German and Russian.
    Subs will be so low there is no need for more
    Snoocky-How many servers?
    The first 3 months a lot...after that 2 i guess, one for PVE and 1 for PVP...

Thorbrand - SWTOR doesn't have longevity at all. Might be one of the shortest lived MMOs.

• GeminiStaticGeminiStatic Member UncommonPosts: 182

Ohhhh come on now! I did mention PvP Consent geeezzz... lol

• LordPsychodiLordPsychodi Member Posts: 101

when you use those terms, you're just being insulting and I do think that should be grounds for getting posts deleted on these forums entirely at this point. There's better words to use, so use them instead of being some kind of elitist.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

This game is never going to see the light of day. Interplay has the right to produce the game, but they don't have the right to actually sell or distribute the game. They actually need Bethesda's permission to release it.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005

Originally posted by lizardbones

This game is never going to see the light of day. Interplay has the right to produce the game, but they don't have the right to actually sell or distribute the game. They actually need Bethesda's permission to release it.

Does not matter. Fallout Online is developed (at least supposed to last time when I read about that) by same company which did Earthrise.

Anyone who saw Earthrise know how bad this game is. Like seriously bad. Awful.

Interplay while it was really decent company back in the day, it does not have enough money anymore to make decent mmorpg.

While I consider Fallout 1 and Fallout 2 to be MUCH better than Fallout 3 by Bethseda, - Fallout Online should be done either by Bethseda or by some other company who has enough resources to pull it off.

Even best IP won't save a game if it is borked, unfinished, underfinanced game like Earthrise.

Originally posted by LordPsychodi

when you use those terms, you're just being insulting and I do think that should be grounds for getting posts deleted on these forums entirely at this point. There's better words to use, so use them instead of being some kind of elitist.

Dude calm the fuck down. Jesus I don't mean it as a deragoratory thing. I'm just using different terms to display what I'm talking about. 

• ikarrianikarrian Member Posts: 122

i really want to see a complete new Fantasy crafting/building mmo. Where you litteraly build ur stuff from scratch, Where you maybe start out like in the shire, and end up with castles and siege warfare against other castles, and each faction would only be allowed to have 1.

*thinks about a stronghold-ish mmo* 

This is why i really enjoyed The MMO Istaria, you were allowed to build big dragon caves and big house-plots. wich could take years to finish alone.

Shame i did not have the patient to finish my big dragon cave alone :(

I agree but I would love it in a post apocalyptic setting. 

Did that game have decent PvP??