Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Server Opens Today: Bartz!

MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

Just read this on the Lineage 2 site and when I saw the name of the new server will be Bartz I was like wow. I started Lineage 2 on Bartz so that name will always be special to me. Also the first player to awaken will get his own steam punk motorcycle as a mount!

http://www.lineage2.com/en/news/announcements/third-new-server-bartz.php

JetBikePrize.jpg

Comments

• BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821

Well... I think they should have chose a different name to be perfectly honest. The true Bartz is gone never to return. Also anyone who returns from now on will log in, go to Bartz and crap themselves because all of their characters wont be there... They are on Chronos. The name is very historic for me personally however. I've been asked many times why I chose Bartz as my main server back in the day and my answer is always the same... When I made my first toon the only choice was Bartz as it was the first and only server at the time(Beta). Bartz will always have a place in my heart when it comes to Lineage II but this new server is no Bartz. The true Bartz is dead and will never be seen again.

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• OtomoxOtomox Member UncommonPosts: 303

I agree with the poster above all 8 old closed Servers have a special history and shouldnt be reused for new Servers.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

I am all for it and I also hold Barz special. That name will always be special to Lineage 2 so why let it fade away and die? Its kinda like a person naming their child afther a a grandfather or grandmother. 

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] CommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508

I was player on the original Bartz, so I was surprised when I signed up last evening to the new F2P L2 version and found my old server on there. 

OK, quickly realized I wasn't in Kansas anymore, esp when I hit level 5 doing the first couple of tutorials.  This is not your parent's Lineage 2 my friend.

But it was fun seeing the old world again, I rolled a  Fighter (one day to be a Tyrant) because it was a class I dabbled with back in the day but never pursued very far.

Despite showing a light load, since its new and the recommended server (the other US servers were all heavy btw) there was quite a good crowd in Talking Island villiage

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821

Originally posted by Kyleran

I was player on the original Bartz, so I was surprised when I signed up last evening to the new F2P L2 version and found my old server on there. 

OK, quickly realized I wasn't in Kansas anymore, esp when I hit level 5 doing the first couple of tutorials.  This is not your parent's Lineage 2 my friend.

But it was fun seeing the old world again, I rolled a  Fighter (one day to be a Tyrant) because it was a class I dabbled with back in the day but never pursued very far.

Despite showing a light load, since its new and the recommended server (the other US servers were all heavy btw) there was quite a good crowd in Talking Island villiage

Your characters from the original Bartz should be on Chronos now if you didn't find them.

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508

Originally posted by Brenelael

Originally posted by Kyleran

Your characters from the original Bartz should be on Chronos now if you didn't find them.

Bren

Thanks, I'll go check that out, would be fun to revisit them after so many years.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon