Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What IP Would You Play Religiously If It Came Out With An MMO (Even if it was a Themepark MMO)

GeminiStaticGeminiStatic Member UncommonPosts: 182

Fallout Online... for me! for sure! I love the single player so much that if it were an MMO it would rock Themepark or Sandbox. (however if it were a sandbox I would cease playing other games entirely! 

Oh and Elder Scrolls but mostly Fallout! 

Old School Gamer - http://www.rsclegacy.com/

Comments

• ForumTrollForumTroll Member Posts: 140

The Sword of Truth, Enough said.

"People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People's heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool."

• BeegsBeegs Member Posts: 107

Warhammer.

err... Yeah thats what id have said at one time, but they went and screwed that up. I think the actual game is more a decider than the IP. They can screw up any IP...

If this is yet another question about what IP would you like to see - Consider Phlebas/Culture setting. Alas I doubt this can be done adequately given todays MMO culture and technical limitations.

r.i.p. c!

• DrannyDranny Member UncommonPosts: 279

Skyrim

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

Magic the Gathering, an actual MMO though where you got cards from PvE and PvP. Not this "buy digital cards" lobby game they currently have. 

• judgex83judgex83 Member Posts: 7

Yeah I would have to say fallout aswell. Fallen earth did the post apoc setting decent but I belive fallout would knock it out of the park. I would of said warhammer aswell but we all know how that went, how you could possibly botch a game that was designed around a tabletop game that has such a rich storyline and background is beyond me. We can only hope that THQ does it right for 40k. Elder scrolls would be nice but it would just fall into the fantasy setting and im a bit tired of elves and orcs.

• Logos1326Logos1326 Member UncommonPosts: 240

Star Trek

done right by a developer that didn't rush it and took time to actually develop it

• idgaradidgarad Member Posts: 174

Dune

• RamadarRamadar Member Posts: 167

Ahh man theres alot to choose from but heres my top 5 IP's I would play everyday.

1: Buck Rogers (the one TSR made in the 90's)

2: Forgotten Realms

3: Red Dead Redemption

4: DC Heroes (This is how DCUO should have been designed from)

5: Masters of the Universe

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb....

• kakasakikakasaki Member UncommonPosts: 1,205

Humm, for me:

• Fallout

• Firefly

• Game based on Discworld novels by Pratchett

• Wing Commander/Privateer  

• BattleTech (great possibility for a sandbox)

A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true...

• Mythios11Mythios11 Member Posts: 129

Boogie Nights

Originally posted by kakasaki

Humm, for me:

• Fallout

• Firefly

• Game based on Discworld novels by Pratchett

• Wing Commander/Privateer  

• BattleTech (great possibility for a sandbox)

I could never play a BattleTech MMO, spent to much time in Chicago on the pier playing BattleTech in the pods. After that I can never go back without that realistic feel :( 

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317

I haven't received the game yet, but Saints Row III is looking like alot of fun. I would really like a fun mmo.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• meddyckmeddyck Member UncommonPosts: 1,282

An IP I like can help draw my attention to a game but ultimately the game itself has to be good to keep me playing. SWTOR is already my dream MMO IP. Only time will tell if it's also my dream game (so far, so good).

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

• HomituHomitu Member UncommonPosts: 2,030

Wheel of Time

Chronicles of Thomas Covenant

Final Fantasy...oh wait...

• MetanolMetanol Member UncommonPosts: 248

I must say that there is no IP what I worship so much, that I would play it even if the game itself was crap. Which I think the topic was hinting towards? But I have no idea again.

I would however love a Forgotten Realms or Witcher, or why not an Mount & Blade MMO (Calradia!). That setting what's used in Dark Messiah would be very cool too... Ashan? Or what was it?

We?re all dead, just say it.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

The Book(s) of Swords -- Saberhagen

Thomas Covenant -- Donaldson

Ringworld/Known Space -- Niven

Heechee  -- Pohl

Ender -- Card

Neuromancer (et al) -- Gibson

Moties -- Niven/Pournelle

Foundation -- Asimov

Not all of them would be suitable for a great MMO, I don't think, but they all have "deep" enough universes, enough "lore" to work with.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• MaquiameMaquiame Member UncommonPosts: 1,073

The Elder Scrolls

RIFTS

Naruto

an mmo based off of the recent transformer single player games, not that ftp filth that is coming out.

Any mmo worth its salt should be like a good prostitute when it comes to its game world- One hell of a faker, and a damn good shaker!

• Grotar89Grotar89 Member UncommonPosts: 347

Fading Suns

Might and Magic

A Song of Ice and fire

Starcraft :) kidding cant imagine it after WoW...

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574

Yea either Fallout or R.A. Salvatore's version of AD&D Forgotten Realms. Menzoberranzan, Icewind Dale, Waterdeep, the Sword Coast, and the rest of the locales of Abeir-Toril.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• MetanolMetanol Member UncommonPosts: 248

Originally posted by Grotar89

A Song of Ice and fire

Damn, I completely forgot about Game of Thrones! Should've said that one, there's a great setting!

We?re all dead, just say it.

• toddzetoddze Member UncommonPosts: 2,150

I dont play MMO's for the name thats stuck on it. Anybody that does is setting themselves up for a dissapointment. Atleast IMO.  Everybody has their own idea of what they would want their favorite IP to be in an MMO. If you havnt noticed some of the strongest opinions on MMO's comes from an MMO that has a big IP associated with it. Look at conan and star wars.

Waiting for:EQ-Next, ArcheAge (not so much anymore)
    Now Playing: N/A
    Worst MMO: FFXIV
    Favorite MMO: FFXI

Originally posted by Zylaxx

Yea either Fallout or R.A. Salvatore's version of AD&D Forgotten Realms. Menzoberranzan, Icewind Dale, Waterdeep, the Sword Coast, and the rest of the locales of Abeir-Toril.

If you like Salvatore he's working on an MMO with Todd McFarlane and Ken Rostlen for Kurt Schillings. The RPG they made comes out in a month or two. MMO tba :( 

• Grotar89Grotar89 Member UncommonPosts: 347

Originally posted by Ramadar

5: Masters of the Universe

Oh childhood memories !!!!  Wish i was kid again :((((

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005

None

IP is secondary to game itself.

Bad or even medicore game cannot be saved by greatest IP in my eyes.

Great game can have some new world & story designed for this game and does not need well known IP.

Well known IP is just an icing on cake.  Nice thing, but best icing won't save bad cake...

• StSynnerStSynner Member Posts: 123

Marvel Comics (not this crap theyre developing now)

Stargate (screams MMO. someone should take another look at the idea)

Pokemon (3D persistent world where you can capture fight and trade Pokemon)