Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

what to play now???

BCuseBCuse Member Posts: 140

Now that my favorite game of all time swg is finished, where should i go??   i have no plans to play SWTOR, its too themepark and not my kind of star wars game.  Ive tried several other mmo games but nothing has held my attention.  i really hope somebody makes a new sandbox game.  where is everyone else going??  i guess SWTOR

Comments

• DoktorTeufelDoktorTeufel Member UncommonPosts: 413

Well, Ultima Online (yes, it's still around), Ryzom (what's left of it), and EVE Online are about the only worthwhile sandbox MMORPGs I can think of. Some jokers might mention Darkfall or Fallen Earth, but neither are proper sandboxes and both are beset by rather serious problems.

I drifted away from EVE again earlier this year, and haven't played any MMOs since. I don't know of any promising sandbox MMO projects on the horizon. The only MMO I'm looking forward to currently is Guild Wars 2, since I do enjoy my PvP and GW2 might very well deliver.

The only reason I'm here right now is to see what people have to say as SWG comes to a close. From what I've witnessed so far, it's pretty much going out with a whimper. It's been ages since I played SWG, but it's still one of my favorite MMORPGs of all time... and I'm sad to see it go.

Currently Playing: EVE Online
    Retired From: UO, FFXI, AO, SWG, Ryzom, GW, WoW, WAR

• sevitothsevitoth Member UncommonPosts: 375

Have you tried out Skyrim? I know it's not an MMO, but it's a great sandbox game. I gave up on MMOs awhile back since I hate themepark games, and Skyrim is filling that void nicely.

Currently Playing: DAOC Uthgard

Previously Played: UO, DAOC, Shadowbane, AC2, SWG, Horizons, COX, WOW, EQ2, LOTRO, AOC, WAR, Vanguard, Rift, SWTOR, ESO, GW2.

• Entropy14Entropy14 Member UncommonPosts: 675

Ya man SWTOR , fun game, not as sandboxy obviously, but some good fun combat and a cool companion system.

• BullseyeArc1BullseyeArc1 Member UncommonPosts: 410
    Most games have a trial, start looking around.
  • TUX426TUX426 Member Posts: 1,907

Minecraft if you want sandbox

SWTOR if you want an MMO

• snoockysnoocky Member UncommonPosts: 724

Can't you guys read?

Op is not interested in SWTOR.... yup, those people do excist...including me!

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allan Poe

• NL-RikkertNL-Rikkert Member UncommonPosts: 134

Just made a new accy for League of Legends,

Its pretty hard (even against bots) it requires teamplay and ALOT of strategy, and its obv diff from ur average fantasy mmo.

matchmaking is alright so far, tho sum peepz r complete noobs, so if any1 wants to play seriously add me.

NLRikkert

STOOPID
    When someone does something so utterly moronic that it kills your brain cells at the very thought of it.

• wrekognizewrekognize Member UncommonPosts: 388

Linkrealms is a solid sandbox game.

• OziiusOziius Member UncommonPosts: 1,406
    It sounds crazy and it's not a sandbox, but I have been messing around with final fantasy 14 again. These guys have made a ton of changes and it seems like with the big 2.0 coming down the line it's only gonna get better. May not be your style, but perhaps worth a shot. They realyl have nowhere to go but up...lol. I've been playing again and having a blast.
  • TUX426TUX426 Member Posts: 1,907

Originally posted by snoocky

Can't you guys read?

Op is not interested in SWTOR.... yup, those people do excist...including me!

Who is this aimed at?

He asked where we were going. I'm going to swtor. If you and he aren't, I really don't care.