Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Critical Exploit in SW:TOR Wrecking Launch

Comments

• SaydienSaydien Member Posts: 266

Originally posted by leojreimroc
    This is a bit harsh.  Remember this is just a game, and people can do what they enjoy.  If people enjoy rushing to the end to see how fast they can get there, why stop them?  It's not affecting me in any way.  I tend to level slower, to each their own.
    That said, if they are cheating to get there, they should get banned.  My opinion.

Sorry, no. It's not too harsh knowing that it's just those people that after the first few days will start to whine "TOR sucks, too less content! Doom I say, DOOOOM!". In general I am all up for letting everyone do their thing the way they want and voice whatever opinion they have but after getting to talk with 2 of those powerlevel people I really hope they will just get lost after the first month instead of their usual nagging and complaining.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

In other words, whoever started this rumor was either confused or deliberately trying to start confusion.

Worked masterfully, it seems.  Too many people all too eager to run with it.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• DarnRightDarnRight Member Posts: 66

Originally posted by Jimmydean

Great idea Saydien. Let exploiters run rampant because it doesnt affect YOU. God mode? Sure, doesnt affect you. Loot duping? Sure doesnt affect you. Do you see where this is going yet?

There is no such exploit. You've been trolled.

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

More "I'm not in head start so I'm angry" fear mongering and BS.

• DarnRightDarnRight Member Posts: 66

Originally posted by Icewhite

In other words, whoever started this rumor was either confused or deliberately trying to start confusion.

Worked masterfully, it seems.  Too many people all too eager to run with it.

Deliberatly stirring the pot more like.

• AusareAusare Member Posts: 850

How much can the staff from Bioware be trusted if there are vids of higher level people than they say exist in the game?

Originally posted by Ausare

How much can the staff from Bioware be trusted if there are vids of higher level people than they say exist in the game?

Ever think the vids could be from beta and a lie?

• MavacarMavacar Member Posts: 328
    If it's a troll thread then the troll is strong in this one
  • TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627

Bioware did state yesterday that no one was above level 30. However I have heard people stating they are level 40+ at this point. Hard to tell who to believe, but if this exploit doesnt get fixed it will be a huge game issue. It doesnt matter if it affects your personal story or not, its affecting your game so u should take note.

That is BS, because we sat here and watched level 30's playing the night before yesterday doing a flashpoint on a live feed.   Personally I do not care, but the fact that the guy is lying and saying nobody is that high yet is totally wrong.   All anyone has to do is go to any number of live feed wesbites and there are numerous ones and you can see people who are well over 30.   There were also feeds of people showing how to do the exp exploit in the - both PvP and PvE one.   The exp exploits were well known and discussed very heavily in beta and now Bioware is trying to say they didn't exist or don't exist.   Typical BS from a game compaby trying to cover their asre.

Originally posted by Mavacar

...   I...   just...never mind.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

Originally posted by Teala

Bioware did state yesterday that no one was above level 30. However I have heard people stating they are level 40+ at this point. Hard to tell who to believe, but if this exploit doesnt get fixed it will be a huge game issue. It doesnt matter if it affects your personal story or not, its affecting your game so u should take note.

That is BS, because we sat here and watched level 30's playing the night before yesterday doing a flashpoint on a live feed.   Personally I do not care, but the fact that the guy is lying and saying nobody is that high yet is totally wrong.   All anyone has to do is go to any number of live feed wesbites and there are numerous ones and you can see people who are well over 30.   There were also feeds of people showing how to do the exp exploit in the - both PvP and PvE one.   The exp exploits were well known and discussed very heavily in beta and now Bioware is trying to say they didn't exist or don't exist.   Typical BS from a game compaby trying to cover their asre.

Well I feel bad for all the players that are going to get banned or their level auto-dropped by Bioware when they finish collecting data and start swinging the ban hammer.

In the end, cheaters hurt themselves more then anyone else.

Morons, if you ask me.

Trying to get to max level asap in this game is retarded.

• AzariaAzaria Member Posts: 318

A troll with 3183 posts since 2007, doubt he would still have an account by now.

Originally posted by Teala

Typical BS from a game compaby trying to cover their asre.

If only you could have offered anything but heresay before someone got there naturally. *snap*

• MavacarMavacar Member Posts: 328
    Originally posted by Icewhite

Originally posted by Mavacar

...   I...   just...never mind.

Just a joke meant nothing bad about it. It's just so much anger and hate right now on the forums
  • JimmydeanJimmydean Member UncommonPosts: 1,290
    K I give up. There is no exploit because bioware said there isnt, even with documented proof. There are no players anywhere near level 30 as bioware has stated, even though livestreams prove otherwise. Bioware and SWTOR can do no wrong, and if you dont like it u are obviously a hater. No point in having an opinion anymore.

K I give up. There is no exploit because bioware said there isnt, even with documented proof. There are no players anywhere near level 30 as bioware has stated, even though livestreams prove otherwise. Bioware and SWTOR can do no wrong, and if you dont like it u are obviously a hater. No point in having an opinion anymore.

If there is an exploit why would you admit it?

Hell, might as well write up a dev diary and tell people how to do it right?

Wrong.

If there is one, of COURSE they want to keep it under the table so it doesn't gain too much momentum.

It's smart, not evil and not some diabolical "the man" plan to F with you.

If there is an exploit, and people are DUMB enough to brag about it and showcase it, they'll get dealt with (probably a ban or automatic level reversion.)

Why would you ever openly admit to an exploit until it's been dealt with?

If there actually is one, they won't official awknowledge it until it is fixed and people dealt with.

100% every MMO studio would do and has done the same thing in the past.

H8ters going to hate, but logic will always win.

No point in having an opinion anymore.

I think the problem is that a question like this doesn't call for opinions.  It calls for evidence.  Which seems to be in astonishingly short supply.

So you instead make an open statement blatantly lying instead of saying you are working on a fix and offenders will be banned. No, dont be honest. Lying is the only way.
  • Fed1Fed1 Member Posts: 167

1. I wouldn't mind seeing the documented proof.

2. Reread the statement - He said there were probable people above 30 by the time of posting yesterday.

3. You can check :-)  I just checked a random few servers highest levels 29-31. Go to the social window put in 25-50 for your search term - repeat for both factions

Livestreams are the evidence. Its like watching the news and saying, "o I wasnt there so it didnt happen"
  • Fed1Fed1 Member Posts: 167

Livestreams are the evidence. Its like watching the news and saying, "o I wasnt there so it didnt happen"

Pretty poor analogy - I can watch and read the news from many sources. Or do you believe everything Fox/CNN tells you?

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

There are also live streams of people doing the standard story lines at or near the same levels as the people 'exploiting'. If both groups are at the same level, there is no exploit.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• Not that it matters if a few people had actually managed to find an exploit, but it's still nice to see the exploit myth debunked.

Lizard thats like saying duping cant possibly exist because little timmy just spent the last 12 hours farming for them and has the same amount as jackass john who spent 5 minutes duping. See no evil, hear no evil.
  • HalandirHalandir Member UncommonPosts: 773

If Bioware is lying about this it is just... Well stupid of them.

But if it really is such a huge issue, that some players are high level once other (new) players join the server, then why would anyone ever join a PvP server 2-3 weeks or more after launch?

This could of course partly explain why PvP servers tend to die out first in games that offer a choice between PvE and PvP, but really?

We dont need casuals in our games!!! Errm... Well we DO need casuals to fund and populate our games - But the games should be all about "hardcore" because: We dont need casuals in our games!!!
    (repeat ad infinitum)