Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What are you playing now and WHY?

JemcrystalJemcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 1,984

I don't care if this subject's been overaddressed!!  Soo, wat r u playing?

I've started Lineage II up again cause it's FREE now and I realize their trial way back didn't give me a clue how the game really works.  Point and click.  Point and click.  Point and click.

Comments

• CalmOceansCalmOceans Member UncommonPosts: 2,437

Heroes of Might and Magic VI, and I'm a bit disappointed after all the good reviews it got. The gameplay is a bit slow and the graphics are a bit weird.

It's another downgrade from HOMM3.

L2 seems cool , but last time I played it the EU servers were honestly a mess, just spammers aned botters at the time.

• dazedconfusedazedconfuse Member Posts: 67
    Vanguard. Haven't found anything with the same depth or quality yet to draw me away for more than a month.
  • tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001

Battlefield 3 and EVE, while waiting for

- Skyrim mod tools

- Mass Effect 3

- Diablo 3

- Guild Wars 2

- The Secret World

- ArcheAge

- PlanetSide 2

• JemcrystalJemcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 1,984

Also waiting on ArcheAge (long wait ahead) and Guild Wars 2 is starting to sound interesting.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

Combat Arms, EVE, Skyrim, SWTOR... with a bit of Civ 5 tossed in there.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• MavacarMavacar Member Posts: 328
    Skyrim while waiting for GW2. Wanna pick up BF3 but dont think the computer will manage it and waiting for GW spec before I upgrade/buy new computer
  • tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001

Originally posted by Mavacar

Skyrim while waiting for GW2. Wanna pick up BF3 but dont think the computer will manage it and waiting for GW spec before I upgrade/buy new computer

Anything that can run BF3 well can run GW2 well. You can quote me on that.

• NatarayaNataraya Member Posts: 78

Im back to Mortal online, also will keep playing Perpetuum.

Can´t play more themeparks im afraid.

• MavacarMavacar Member Posts: 328
    Originally posted by tom_gore

Originally posted by Mavacar

Anything that can run BF3 well can run GW2 well. You can quote me on that.

Very valid point :)
  • Lord_AthonLord_Athon Member UncommonPosts: 165

I'm in Lineage 2, newbie in a 7 year  old game. :)

btw, im loving it, it has almost all the features i enjoy in a mmorpg, but when GW2 comes out i'll give it a try, and aion 3.0 too of course. and... oh that's all ^-^

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

Morrowind, and a bit of Guild Wars when I have time.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • eldariseldaris Member UncommonPosts: 353

Skyrim,waiting for  planetside 2.

• DJJazzyDJJazzy Member UncommonPosts: 2,053

King's Bounty

Minesweeper

Not playing any mmos at the moment (although I did pick up SWTOR, so when that goes live I'll play that for a bit) as I feel all of them are just repetitive and boring.

• MetanolMetanol Member UncommonPosts: 248

At this moment we are playing;

Mount & Blade Warband (CPRG mod) Why? Because of the combat system. The game still offers best melee and archery ever for me, and combine these with CRPG which adds persistant character customization and progress, hell, I'm in love.

Armed Assault 2 (Advanced Combat Environment 2 mod) Best war simulator up to date, haven't been able to play arcade FPS games since I started with Project Reality about five years ago.

Dungeons & Dragons Online and some Neverwinter Nights 1 - First, there's the best PVE MMORPG for me, and second.. Neverwinter Nights is an undying classic. Besides, D&D 3.0/3.5 offers so much freedom for character customization that it keeps me happy for a good while.

Oh, and enjoying Natural Selection 2 beta.

Also; Playing very little Alien Swarm (Unreal Tournament 2004 mod) and Skyrim, just waiting for the mod tools there.

We?re all dead, just say it.

• NaowutNaowut Member UncommonPosts: 663

Haven & Hearth.

Yes there are better looking games but the game is awesome.

• BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821

Been playing Lineage II off and on since beta so when it went free I started playing again after taking about a year long break. So far although I do find some of the changes rather annoying(The Rep system mainly) I'm finding the game to be a vast improvement over the last time I played. I'm also playing a lot of Skyrim when I'm not in Aden.

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• LowFlyingHamLowFlyingHam Member Posts: 98

I just quit WoW since TOR went into early access and guildies planned on going there as soon as the game came out.  I only played WoW to raid so there's no reason to play it anymore.  I will not pick up TOR... at least not right away.  Right now I'm massively addicted to League of Legends, and sometimes I'll hop onto Mission Against Terror or some old school NES/SNES games.

Now Playing: Mission Against Terror, Battlefield 3, Skyrim, Dark Souls, League of Legends, Minecraft, and the piano. =3

Visit my fail Youtube channel(don't leave me nasty messages!): http://www.youtube.com/user/Mirii471

• centkincentkin Member RarePosts: 1,527

Skyrim right now...

Then probably going to check out dragon nest again -- I hear they finally upped the level cap to 40.

I hear there is this star wars thing that might be worth looking into in a couple of months when things shake out -- at least for one playthrough.

----

As for why skyrim -- it actually has sandbox elements to it.  You do not see sandboxes anymore.  You dont even see themeparks with WORLDS very often anymore. 

Everquest Next is one game I am waiting on, but I would much prefer an asheron's call 3.

• denzeliandenzelian Member UncommonPosts: 26

diablo 2 lod lol    cause   wow got old  i have   no invite  for ega to swtor / sigh 

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005

Skyrim  - cause I can feel world there. Not another 'on rails' experience.

Not playing any mmorpg's atm, cause I got bored of themeparks (yeah I played them for long) AND hate things like cross-server LFG tools, auto-teleporting to instances, barter for medallions systems and very limited gameplay (grind instances and BG )

waiting for:

ArcheAge

maybe will try GW2 as well

• JohnnyBravolJohnnyBravol Member Posts: 83

I am playing English Priston Tale:) I have played most themepark MMOs but I always go back to this ten year old classic. It's unconventional because it's so old and I like the challenges.

• EthianEthian Member Posts: 1,216

Giving ryzom a shot but I think one night of it is enough for me...lol

ATM I consider my main MMO EvE but I'm currently looking for something else to try for awhile. I may cancel my MMO sub and play some single player games as the MMOs coming out now are garbage imo.

"I play Tera for the gameplay"

• orgashorgash Member Posts: 67

Playing Wow (again for the 5th return) because Star Wars was a huge letdown for me and because Planetside 2, Archeage, The Secret World and GW2 are not out yet to try.  Will have to retry Lineage 2 though now and see what the scenes like now.

• GeminiStaticGeminiStatic Member UncommonPosts: 182

I'm playing a mix in genres:

FPS MMO:

A Little bit of Global Agenda, it's a pretty decent title if you blend FPS with MMO. Just to get that FPS Fix.

Themepark/Sandbox Hybrid:

Mostly Fallen Earth, it's a gem of a MMO Themeparkish game...maybe because I love post apocalyptic settings and films and books so much I actually get to play this.

Sandbox:

I hopped onto EVE Online with its 60 day trial but all I'm doing is putting skills to the que system, been desperately looking for a better sandbox MMO in a settiing with more interesting COMBAT.

Minecraft free version... not sure if I should upgrade to full version because of server issues, game mechanics and needing mods to do way too much bullshit, but I love the game and if it had a good MMO Sandbox PvP server I might consider more and more.

MOBA: 

Starcraft 2: I love it and want to finish the campaign and start pwning people in multiplayer sucha excellent game.

League of Legends: Hands down one of the best MOBA games to come out. I'm in love with it and love PWNING faces in it.

MMORTS:

Illyriad and Evony: these games don't take up much time nad I can play from anywhere. So yeah... 

Single Player:

Fallout New Vegas: My favorite game series even after Elder Scrolls. Same reasoning behind Fallen Earth but I love Fallout and want to milk it for everything its got. 

Most Played right now:

Starcraft 2 and Fallout New Vegas

That's it the rest of my time is made making music! 

Old School Gamer - http://www.rsclegacy.com/
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,351

Uncharted Waters Online

Basically, it's the AAA sandbox game that a lot of people on these forums seem to be certain doesn't exist.  Though I think many of them use "sandbox" to mean "free for all full loot PVP", which UWO isn't.  Well, there is a little bit of it, but there are heavy penalties for attacking other players, so not many people do.

Like everything else Koei has ever made, it's way off the beaten path.  UWO has a heavy emphasis on exploration and trading, and not so much on combat.  I wouldn't want it to be the only MMORPG I ever played, but I do like to have some variety.