Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AION..get a grip

kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452

just started playing aion again cos i,m bored of games to play..so i logged in my old character lvl 24 chanter..happily goin along and guess what,same old crap..lvl 50 1 shots me in lvl 20 area.ever wondered why aion started with bucket loads of servers and now are down to a handfull..thats why.some retard thinks its great at lvl 50 to gank a lvl 20+.do these idiots not realise they are destroying there own game..or is it me just been a complete tosser whining about it.

But when i go from forum to forum and read the same stuff,i have to wonder what the hell they are thinking of.ffs give us a few pve servers so we can pick and choose when we want pvp.

i know what your gonna say..its a pvp game..i have no problems gettin a good kicking off someone around my lvl at all..but a lvl 50+ in a lvl 20 area..c'mon ffs.

Comments

• wmd221wmd221 Member Posts: 4

you did not get killed by a level 50 in a level 20 area, its literally not even possible

• PuremallacePuremallace Member Posts: 1,856

Originally posted by wmd221

you did not get killed by a level 50 in a level 20 area, its literally not even possible

5$ says he is talking about the starting area right there by Terminus in the abyss. Basically he got pvp'd in the free for all pvp zone.

• odinsrathodinsrath Member UncommonPosts: 814

i dont even play aion..but if you dont like being killed or 1 shotted ..why are you even playing a open world pvp mmorpg..

just saying

• pedrostrikpedrostrik Member UncommonPosts: 396

abyss its the worst place to do pve so i dont undestand OP, maybe hes just a troll....

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392

OP.... I quit 2 days after I experienced the rvr....same experience you had.I'm stunned they still don't have a clue.

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452

Originally posted by pedrostrik

abyss its the worst place to do pve so i dont undestand OP, maybe hes just a troll....

first of all i dont do abyss at all..i kind of learnt my lesson..maybe its because my gear aint the best,but i certainly aint no troll.. maybe i need to do abyss to get the gear..dunno..but if not a lvl 50..must have some really fantastic gear to do that.trouble is i really want to play this game .not because i love pvp but because the game world is so damn beautiful...somebody said they are doin pve servers in patch 3.0 but i anit sure if they are or not..would be nice if  someone can tell me one way or another if they are doin pve servers.

• spoononespoonone Member UncommonPosts: 40

I used to play Aion, so i know there is a lvl 20 quest where you go to the other race's level 20 area for a quest.  If you have saved that quest, you can do at level 50 and just gank low levels.

• KokomoblKokomobl Member UncommonPosts: 153

Your Asmodian or Elyos?

So the starting area's dont have any rifts.

Morheim / Eltnen have rifts with a lvl45 limit...

so you saying you're getting ganked by lvl50's means you're in Interdiktah or Beluslan

Whats a level20 doing in those places to begin with.

• KroxMalonKroxMalon Member UncommonPosts: 608

Originally posted by Shadanwolf

OP.... I quit 2 days after I experienced the rvr....same experience you had.I'm stunned they still don't have a clue.

I'm stunned at people being stunned they got ganked in a pvp game

• MMOtoGOMMOtoGO Member Posts: 630

Originally posted by kevjards

just started playing aion again cos i,m bored of games to play..so i logged in my old character lvl 24 chanter..happily goin along and guess what,same old crap..lvl 50 1 shots me in lvl 20 area.ever wondered why aion started with bucket loads of servers and now are down to a handfull..thats why.some retard thinks its great at lvl 50 to gank a lvl 20+.do these idiots not realise they are destroying there own game..or is it me just been a complete tosser whining about it.

But when i go from forum to forum and read the same stuff,i have to wonder what the hell they are thinking of.ffs give us a few pve servers so we can pick and choose when we want pvp.

i know what your gonna say..its a pvp game..i have no problems gettin a good kicking off someone around my lvl at all..but a lvl 50+ in a lvl 20 area..c'mon ffs.

Need more information.  What is this "level 20" area you're speaking of?  

• RavingRabbidRavingRabbid Member UncommonPosts: 1,168

I stopped playing this game several months back for a variety of reasons like...

1. getting 1-2 shotted in pvp

2. NCsoft wont do anything about the manastone hackers, flight hackers, speed hackers etc etc

3. gear customization is completely out of hand. Godstones made things worse.

Just a few not including that the community was getting downright horrible.

****Raving Rabbid dances with Eylos and Asmodian Ladies!***

All my opinions are just that..opinions. If you like my opinions..coolness.If you dont like my opinion....I really dont care.
    Playing: ESO, WOT, Smite, and Marvel Heroes

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015

Originally posted by kevjards

I'm not sure how they are handling pvp now but it's no big deal to be killed ni this game. You lose a small amount of AP and you can easily shout your location and I guarantee there will be people who will want to come and find that guy.

As any fyi there are certain areas that have no pvp. I think they are from 21 to 24 ro 25 and then start again late 30's and up. Something like that.

Secondly, why are you playign a game that you have not researched and where you don't know the rules? When I entered Lineage 2 all those years ago I did my research, knew it had a hard grind, you could drop items and it was open pvp. I had no intention of staying, just wanted to try it. I ended up playing for over 4 years.

Just shift your mode of thinking and you might find it really is no big deal.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • KokomoblKokomobl Member UncommonPosts: 153

Originally posted by Sukiyaki

Originally posted by Kokomobl

Your Asmodian or Elyos?

so you saying you're getting ganked by lvl50's means you're in Interdiktah or Beluslan

Probably talking about the Abyss, which is not really "a level 20" zones either, rather than "a zone that level 20s can enter too".

But cheers. Once 3.0 atleast the "OMG was killed by +2X higher level player " will cease to exist. Because if you are some everbitching carebear complaining about PvP in a game with PvP as part of its core component and you where killed by someone more than 14 level higher than you in 3.0 or at all before you hit lvl 45, you are doing it wrong, not the game.

You dont get access to the Abyss untill lvl25.

• DDragonstormDDragonstorm Member UncommonPosts: 9

i havent played since just after it went live.  For me it was lagg issues.  wayy to many bots back then.  I have to say this though, i know back then it was possible for higher level guys to go through a portal/rift and move freely through enemy territory.  As long as you didnt get caught you could stay as long as u want.

the trick was using your "community" to hunt that prick down and end him.  If you run solo in a pvp game u had better expect to die at any given moment. 

The problem isnt the game its the way people play it.  Some just totally enjoy other peoples "pain" others like to hunt wild game.

Wild noob i hear is in season ALL the time.  Although it may be a bit "gamey" its good eatin for a few to many out there.

Accept it or find a way to beat it, but dont cry on some forum, to many will find endless enjoyment from that. 

Gotta find a way to beat your bully or leave town

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452

Originally posted by Kokomobl

Your Asmodian or Elyos?

if you had read my response..i said if not a lvl 50 then someone with pretty damn good gear that he could 1 shot me...so lvl 45 would probs be right.i certainly would'nt be near belusian..nowhere near that.more likely to be morheim.thing is can't remember name of areas cos it had been a while since i had been in game.asmodian btw.

• Lord_AthonLord_Athon Member UncommonPosts: 165

I have to say that AION is one of the best mmorpg's i ever played, and i dont count those i only played for a month.

About the pvp issue, i know it's a large-bit stupid a high level ganking a low one, but if it's in teh rules, what should we do?!

But my advice is: what about change class? Try a glad or a sorc, they are much funny than a chanter, and got much potential for pvp ^-^. Never the less, the chanter is very important in groups, but try my suggestion.

dont bother to get a great gear, because the levelling is so quick, but if you get a sorcerer, when you reach lvl46, and start the pvp instance, use all your abyss points you can get on the lvl30 AP gear, and when you get the all set, you will see what Magic Boost is all about :)

• CognomanCognoman Member UncommonPosts: 75

Originally posted by wmd221

Maybe the 50 saved his spy quest to grief?  But I thought there was a huge defensive buff for Mornheim Asmos? 

• GablanaGablana Member Posts: 6

uhhhhh I'll try and clear a few things up here;

1) OP was not 1 shot by a lvl 50. lvl 40 at best. He @ level 24 isnt even higher enough to reach the Abyss; a zone where lvl 55s can meet lvl 25s. Which leads me to number 2;

2) In the supposed area "Morheim" its not possible to be 1 shot at all. @55 playing with 55 Sorcs and Gladiators, I rarely ever seen anyone 1 shot even in the most lobsided of situations. In Morheim you have a 80% defense buff against the opposing faction. Meaning any and all damage done to you is reduced by 80%. Theres also the factor that a lvl 50 cannot reach Morheim.  With I think 2.0? the cap to rift into Morheim/Eltnen was reduced to 40. So even the most geared lvl 40 cannot 1 shot a lvl 24. It's  just not mathematically possible. Also I know of the method of a 50 getting into Morheim but don't hold your breath in ever seeing it; it would be the rarest of rare instances on a blue moon if the stars aligned.

3) Those who are holding out for the 1-46 "PvE" server should take a look at the North American/European patch notes: http://gameguide.na.aiononline.com/aion/Korean+PTS%3A+Initial+3.0+Patch+Notes tldr; no mention of rookie server; it won't be coming West. Normally in patches there are things from Korea that won't make it here, The Rookie server is the thing thats left behind this patch. From what I've read the Rookie server was introduced to Korea as a free server for people to start on/go to for lvls 1-46. In it pvp was disabled and once you hit 46 you must transfer to another server to keep going. I don't know the full details; only that we're not getting it.

Game experience that you really don't(and shouldn't) care about:

Everqest,Everquest Online Adventures,Star Wars Galaxies,Dark Age of Camelot,Everquest 2,World of Warcraft,Pirates of the Burning Sea,Age of Conan,Aion, Rift.

• odinsrathodinsrath Member UncommonPosts: 814

Originally posted by coxyroxy

i agree 100% +1

• MmoSwanMmoSwan Member Posts: 134

Originally posted by odinsrath

i agree 100% +1

You agree 101%. You fail at maths :(

People playing Aion right now quit left and right, let's see if making this failure of a game can be saved with P2W features.

|| Languages for gamers: http://gamerslingo.com
    /where God
    ERROR: Target could not be found
    /target Believer
    /skill science
    You missed your target since Believer ignores science
    /skill logic
    You missed your target since Believer traded all his INT for faith.

• OtakunOtakun Member UncommonPosts: 874

Originally posted by MmoSwan

i agree 100% +1

People playing Aion right now quit left and right, let's see if making this failure of a game can be saved with P2W features.

Adding a numeric value to a percentage value does not always equal out to a exact percentage ratio. So, nice fail at trying to point out a fail. If 100% was of 1000 units then adding 1unit would not make it 101%. Derp.

• MmoSwanMmoSwan Member Posts: 134

Originally posted by Otakun

Originally posted by MmoSwan

i agree 100% +1

Adding a numeric value to a percentage value does not always equal out to a exact percentage ratio. So, nice fail at trying to point out a fail. If 100% was of 1000 units then adding 1unit would not make it 101%. Derp.

If you want to add something totally different you would point out that you do that. For example by adding fitting units. It would be rather dumb to write something like "100g Tomatoes +1" when the +1 actually is a kilo of meat.

But this discussion is unrelevant. You didn't get my weak joke ("i agree 100% i agree"), so just tell yourself that it wasn't obvious or something and pass on.

|| Languages for gamers: http://gamerslingo.com
    /where God
    ERROR: Target could not be found
    /target Believer
    /skill science
    You missed your target since Believer ignores science
    /skill logic
    You missed your target since Believer traded all his INT for faith.

• MMO_REVIEWERMMO_REVIEWER Member Posts: 371

Carebear is as Carebear does. That said You most definitely were not two shot. If anything the person had realy high attack speed(scrolls, and attack speed buffs)...or you lagged for a second and it just looked like you were 2 shot. If you dont like dying then go play skyrim and turn on god mode. Either that or just dont play a pvp game. Also you should carry a mentor in your pocket...make some powerful friends. Having a lvl 55 with you wont hurt your exp gain or your drops. This "I was ganked by a high level boo hoo" argument ceases to be valid with the recent updates.

MMO's are the ark of the gaming world. Let it take us in new directions.