Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

this is a game?

NatoBoyNatoBoy Member Posts: 25
ok, so i tried this game out, i lpayed it for about 3 weeks maybe more, and after a while i started thinking what is the point in this, all im doing is lvling and maybe doing a mission which doesnt feel like it has any story. Everyone i saw were just running around lvling in the subway then to the temple. I really havent ever played a game as pointless as this, i never got to try the expansion so someone please tell me there is more to this game with them cos without it felt like i wasted alot of life.

Comments

• IvanRashnuIvanRashnu Member Posts: 178

Originally posted by NatoBoy
    ok, so i tried this game out, i played it for about 3 weeks maybe more, and after a while i started thinking what is the point in this, all im doing is lvling and maybe doing a mission which doesnt feel like it has any story. Everyone i saw were just running around lvling in the subway then to the temple. I really havent ever played a game as pointless as this, i never got to try the expansion so someone please tell me there is more to this game with them cos without it felt like i wasted alot of life.

With Shadowlands, you can level up easier and faster, you can equip outstanding Shadowlands armors and Shadowlands weapons. You can have perks which makes you stronger with their special actions. Shadowlands has some quests as well. It has better environments perhaps it's because they look fantastic. However you can find yourself grinding at some level ranges. So I think it is far funnier to level up with dungeon monsters than leveling up with hecklers on Shadowlands. I had many friend switching their characters as they're bored with hecklers as hell.

With Alien Invasion, again, you can equip new armors and weapons, you can be involved in Alien Raids (one of funny parts of Anarchy Online in my opinion). You have to be in an organization with city to get involved in Alien Raids. You can get Alien xp by killing aliens in raid, this enables you to train new alien perks. You get extra skill and ability bonuses from organization city.You can have your own shop terminal in your organization shop. You can also search the items you want through global market terminals in cities in Rubi-Ka.

You can get more information about expansions either by visiting

Anarchy Online Official Website or by glancing at Anarchy Online Official Bulletin Board

But, apparently, there'll be no storyline that satisfies you and you will still grinding for levels with both expansions. Don't buy before examining them thorougly.

Enjoy

• PuoltryPuoltry Member Posts: 956

My honest opinion?

Anything beyond Notum wars ruined the game completly.The core game and Notum wars were very innovative.

Now?

Not much of a war going on and not much anarchy either.Notum wars made it a land grab,at launch i remember DAILY fights for land and PvP encounters that were OUTSIDE the arena.

Personally ive always felt if they had developed on the base of the core game it would have been a better game.Not more lands but more ways to fight for the original Rubi-Ka lands.

AO is now more focused on leveling and less on anarchy.They keep churning out expansions and have left the standard mission booths alone.No updates whatsoever other than cosmetic changes.

Get a mission,pick the reward and off you go.Kill everyone in missions and you get reward.

Wash repeat.

With all the updates its really quite pathetic that the core of the game for new players is the mission booth and its not been updated.I was on the 7 day trial recently and just quit after 4 days.

IMHO the whole game really needs an update graphically and mission wise.Do yourself a favor and pick something else if your into PvP.

Want to ENJOY an mmo?

Dont start a guild and dont be a leader or volunteer to be coleader or captain.

Just play the damn game:)

• Phoenix_HawkPhoenix_Hawk Member UncommonPosts: 290

First off MMORPGs and single/multi player games are two vary different things. With the single/multi player games there is more of a linear progression and story line connecting it all together that is followed throughout and kept right up front. With MMORPGs it's more like, here's the game universe, do what you want with it. As for core story in AO it's the Clan Omni conflict that really is the focus. There is a more linear story you can follow in the Shadowlands but that's something more on the side which is why people say it diverges from the original plot. The upcoming expansion Lost Eden promises various PvP enhancements and that it will bring the Clan Omni conflict back to the front of the stage so we'll see how that pans out later in the year.

Now if you're still talking about the subway and ToTW then you're most likely not over level 60. The conflict or PvP fighting really is more aimed at the higher level players so for the first stretch your goal is to level, get good gear, get used to your character (and game if you're new) and assign your skill properly. There are news articles you can look at and there can be some lower level PvP you can get into but for the first stretch I think character development is the big thing. Having the SL expansion really helps here as the XP gains in there are much better than on Rubi-Ka, better gear too.

One other thing is that there are at least some MMORPGs and games in general which really do have no point and nothing you can ever do in it is of use. It'll take you a while to get to the meatier bits of AO but with all that you can do to build your char and interact with others along the way it'll keep you entertained till you get there.