Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fun Game

free2playfree2play Member UncommonPosts: 2,043

Nice stuff, liking what I saw in the public beta. Not a fan of the gender lock but it's playable on a Pentium 4. I get the render reduction. I didn't have alot of time to check everything out. I was slow on the draw but first impression? Loving it!

Comments

• TaiyohTaiyoh Member UncommonPosts: 48

Just some nice graphics don't make a game good.. I couldn't even finish the first quest because it was impossible for me to track where to turn in the quest.

• free2playfree2play Member UncommonPosts: 2,043

Originally posted by Taiyoh

Just some nice graphics don't make a game good.. I couldn't even finish the first quest because it was impossible for me to track where to turn in the quest.

And you didnt go there to try the game, you went there to find something to bitch about. It took me 12 seconds to figure out the quest system. If the questing had been like every other MMO you ever played you'd be bitching about that instead.

• doragon86doragon86 Member UncommonPosts: 589

Originally posted by Taiyoh

I'm not incredibly fond of the game as well, but your words make me question your intelligence.

"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
    And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:
    And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
    And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"
    ~Lord George Gordon Byron

• snippy64snippy64 Member UncommonPosts: 32

I enjoyed the gameplay, classes, and the PvP 20+ was a total blast. I'm just not too sure about the company ...

I've played quite a few outstanding F2P games (and dozens of P2P titles) like Runes of Magic and Atlantica, Perfect World wasn't bad either. I just don't understand how these companies work.

From what I understand, the games are developed in Asia for Asian audiences, and then a North American company buys the licensing rights and produces an English 'patch' for NA/EU customers. I can understand some translating issues in the game (you see the odd bit of Korean text in some UI elements, or odd Engrish quest dialogues) since that stuff has most likely been contracted out, but presentation wise, certain things are just ... wtf.

Dragona: Expedition of Bartan? That's not even grammatically correct, and it's the title of the game. You read some of the GM/Community posts and the English is pretty bad there as well, does Gameclub not have any native English speakers at all?

How do you have a CBT (Closed Beta Test) that's open to anyone who registers an account and downloads the client? Wtf does "She lay upon his blessing and said that there will be no character wipe out." mean? You can have a 'character wipe', but a 'wipe out'?

I might hate NCSoft with all my soul, but now that L2 is F2P I may just go play that instead. At least I know when the GM's are typing form responses to bot reports or banning you for getting hacked, I won't have to run their responses through a Engrish > English translator.

• free2playfree2play Member UncommonPosts: 2,043

Originally posted by snippy64

I enjoyed the gameplay, classes, and the PvP 20+ was a total blast. I'm just not too sure about the company ...

I've played quite a few outstanding F2P games (and dozens of P2P titles) like Runes of Magic and Atlantica, Perfect World wasn't bad either. I just don't understand how these companies work.

From what I understand, the games are developed in Asia for Asian audiences, and then a North American company buys the licensing rights and produces an English 'patch' for NA/EU customers. I can understand some translating issues in the game (you see the odd bit of Korean text in some UI elements, or odd Engrish quest dialogues) since that stuff has most likely been contracted out, but presentation wise, certain things are just ... wtf.

Dragona: Expedition of Bartan? That's not even grammatically correct, and it's the title of the game. You read some of the GM/Community posts and the English is pretty bad there as well, does Gameclub not have any native English speakers at all?

How do you have a CBT (Closed Beta Test) that's open to anyone who registers an account and downloads the client? Wtf does "She lay upon his blessing and said that there will be no character wipe out." mean? You can have a 'character wipe', but a 'wipe out'?

I might hate NCSoft with all my soul, but now that L2 is F2P I may just go play that instead. At least I know when the GM's are typing form responses to bot reports or banning you for getting hacked, I won't have to run their responses through a Engrish > English translator.

That's a fair judgement. This is not a triple A title and I'm still waiting for Tera but this game is fun to look at from the bewbs to the Dragon morphs. I'm quite sure it's a subsidiary front for a company that doesn't want to damage thier brand and while this won't be a threat to WoW or Rift I do see it as a high def version of facebook and a threat to Farmville and such.