Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lol! I don't know what to make of this video - thoughts?

1235»

Comments

• BenthonBenthon Member Posts: 2,069

That is freakin' awesome. I'm a huge lore buff and this looks very cool, by the way. I don't understand exactly what's wrong with it. You can conjure icebolts and fireballs from your hands and yet can't make magical lights to dance how you want to.

It's just another feature, use it or don't use it.

He who keeps his cool best wins.

• ManasuManasu Member UncommonPosts: 212

Have a look at this video. See after 1:40 and you'll realise what's this about.. If you already like ArcheAge then you will accept this "feature". If you don't, then you will just flame it.

Though, I really doubt if this affects the "medieval" backround. Just try to avoid being narrow-minded, you can use it and have fun with it or just ignore it.

Edit: Quoting Amate from his yt comment. "Anyway, when 4 people are next to each other and they use the dance emote, those disco lights appear. It's one of those quirky/funny little details."

Sandbox MMORPGs that are not very well-known but definitely worth a look:

Ryzom, Haven and Hearth, Xsyon, The Repopulation, UO private shards, Mortal Online, Darkfall 1 remakes (New Dawn or Rise of Agon), RPG MO, Project Gorgon, EQ: Sanctuary (custom  server)
  • GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

Whats more epic than FFA DDR (Free for all Dance Dance Revolution).........

But in all seriousness, it's a Asian game so this kind of stuff is expected but I have already decided to over look this kind of stuff and give the game a go due to the sandbox aspects. 

• BlackUhuruBlackUhuru Member Posts: 770

Originally posted by wizyy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3onJMsYKuE

Private dancing club? or something... lol

It's on Archage official forums and is ment to be silly and not to be taken seriously.

"It would be awesome if you could duel your companion. Then you could solo pvp".--Thanes

• AmateAmate Member Posts: 88

WTF, what's with all the people hating on the disco?

You guys made me sad *insert sad panda face emote here*

So i just had to edit and upload a short video to entertain myself =>

Disco disco!

• YuuiYuui Member UncommonPosts: 723

Originally posted by Benthon
    That is freakin' awesome. I'm a huge lore buff and this looks very cool, by the way. I don't understand exactly what's wrong with it. You can conjure icebolts and fireballs from your hands and yet can't make magical lights to dance how you want to.
    It's just another feature, use it or don't use it.

THIS so much.

ESPECIALLY considering one of the magic schools in the game IS "illusion".

# A GRIM, ODD, ARCANE SKY
    # ANY GOD, I MARK SACRED
    # A MASKED CRY ADORING
    # A DREAMY, SICK DRAGON

• twodayslatetwodayslate Member Posts: 724

"Just when you thought it wasn't going to be painfully asian..."

• EverSkellyEverSkelly Member UncommonPosts: 341

Originally posted by Params7

This will just take away from the credibility of the lore. When you have neon disco and hi-fi millinium 2000 DJ quipment in your medieval world you know something is messed up. Just makes the world less believable and there goes your immersion. But this is what's wrong with Korean/Chinese devs. Archeage might as well open up a cash shop and sell lightsabres.

So true.

I don't mind some funny stuff, but disco lights and music really takes away from immersion, you lose the medieval or fantasy feel to the game and the magic is gone.

I guess it's ok for people who say they "just want to have fun" in their mmos..

• AmateAmate Member Posts: 88

Originally posted by EverSkelly

Originally posted by Params7

This will just take away from the credibility of the lore. When you have neon disco and hi-fi millinium 2000 DJ quipment in your medieval world you know something is messed up. Just makes the world less believable and there goes your immersion. But this is what's wrong with Korean/Chinese devs. Archeage might as well open up a cash shop and sell lightsabres.

So true.

I don't mind some funny stuff, but disco lights and music really takes away from immersion, you lose the medieval or fantasy feel to the game and the magic is gone.

I guess it's ok for people who say they "just want to have fun" in their mmos..

Are you implying you don't play MMOs to have fun?

• BizzybeastBizzybeast Member Posts: 14

Most of you are being pretty dumb. This is a extra mechanic allowing players to build alot of different things, INCLUDING a club where they can stream music through the ingame MP3 player. "OMG THAT BREAKS LORE, WAHHH" then you make the totally optional tavern and stream folk music. DERP thats the point, games SHOULD have options like this.

You act like its a mandatory quest to find DJ Pauly D and fist pump the grenades out of the club.

Idiots. While im not fond of this option, im very fond of the CONTINUAL SUPRISING AMOUNT of options AA is (fist) pumping out. STOP HATING.

It don't matter if their laughing at you or with you, as long as their laughing- Unique

• PerlmuxxedPerlmuxxed Member UncommonPosts: 8

Is everything that has horses, swords and maces medieval for you!?

Great vid, had a laugh :D