Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Content updates

dummenumsedummenumse Member Posts: 81

One thing that I have always wondered about WoW is the low frequency of updates. As I am by no means a game developer I have no realistic sense of how long it takes to conjure up the content they publish. But I have a hard time coming up with reasons why releasing eight new bosses has to take almost half a year.

So just to have a comparison I would like to ask the community in here how the frequency and scale of content updates are shaping out? How is the quality compared to what Blizzard offers? Do they just publish more often with little content or do they actually have more/less over the same time period (say half a year for example)?

If you want to hire Machete to kill the bad guys, you better make damn sure the bad guy isnt you!

Comments

• PuremallacePuremallace Member Posts: 1,856

Trion is up there with Blizzard in terms of a great dev. Too those that say "quality over quantity" I need point to the two massive hotfixes to class bugs and the LFR guild ban debacle to prove my point that no PTS no matter how long or well tested can catch everything.

The content scheudle by my numbers just going by the dates and averaging ends up being every 43 days. A Rift raid atleast and probably everything else starts with a wire frame.  As you can see each section of a room or a raid is built from a base file compiled.

Texture colors are added in a similar fashion. In its simplest form think of it as taking multiple images and pasting them together to form one complete image.