Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

We're being played.

Comments

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026

Lol this guy has now post this on the main SWtor forum.

You stay sassy!

• BarCrowBarCrow Member UncommonPosts: 2,195

Originally posted by ABRaquel

Originally posted by Paithan

Originally posted by dubyahite

Originally posted by laserit

Originally posted by eccoton

Originally posted by BarCrow

I guess if everyone pre-ordered the day they announced pre-orders then maybe everyone could launch today. But they didnt..so they can't. You're getting pissed over semantics....they didn't sell us anything except a game. If you pre-ordered the game  then you could get early access as a perk. It is what it is.  I didn't pay extra for early access...I paid what I planned on paying once I saw the different options. I didn't even know if there was early access when I pre-ordered because I didn't read about it at that time. I fail to see how we are being "played". When it's not costing me anymore than I ever intended to pay AND I get 7 days advance play. I wish more companies would play me like this....oh ..that's right..they have ....because I've  played at least 3 other MMOS that offered the same deal..pre-order=headstart. No one bitched then..well..that I remember.I was too busy playing.

If you bought the game digitally from origin for early access you did pay an extra 5 dollars as a seperate fee.

You sure it wasnt a deposit?

At gamestop's here in Canada you have to pay a $5.00 deposit on a pre order for any game period. It isnt an extra charge and gets taken off the final bill for the game/games

Origin charged 5usd + the price of the game. So no its not a deposit

Actually, they didn't charge you the price of the game yet. They charged the full price, then refunded everything except $5.  So you WILL get charged again on launch day.  

Ok they explain me this..

STAR WARS(TM): The Old Republic(TM) Digitale Deluxe Edition

Bestellen

PC

PEGI 12+

Reserveringskosten Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Digital Deluxe Edition

Downloadbare

PC

€5,00

Subtotaal:

€ 74,99

Which was fully charged to my CC. So you mean to tell me EA is going to refund me 5usd on the actual release?

That is YOUR problem. I pre-ordered from Amazon.com and I didn't get charged for any Pre-Order.

Someone already answered in another post with a screen print that explains..the reserve and full price is pre-authorized the after 24hrs the pending game charge drops leaving just $5. When the game launches they charge you for the full game minus $5 deposit. that's what I take from it...but I could be wrong.

• dubyahitedubyahite Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

Subtotaal:

€ 74,99

Which was fully charged to my CC. So you mean to tell me EA is going to refund me 5usd on the actual release?

That is YOUR problem. I pre-ordered from Amazon.com and I didn't get charged for any Pre-Order.

Thats the sides the point. But i DID pay extra. I dont care about the extra money, heck I spent more then that on a cup of cofee at lunch. Bottom line is we(or atleast some of us) did pay extra.

You should check your bank account. Mine shows they only charged $5 plus tax. They initially put a hold on the $80, then released the hold on 75 of it just like the pre-order faq says.

Unless they do stuff differently for europe you should check your account. All I'm saying is that you may have been given back most of the money and not noticed it. It might be quite a shock to be charged again on the 20th and not be expecting it.  

I better not see any threads from you complaining about being double charged on the 20th because it's not a double charge and I warned you. 

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

The Secret World - Dragons

Planetside 2 - Terran Republic

Tera - Dragonfall Server

http://www.shadowshand.com

• rygard49rygard49 Member UncommonPosts: 973

Originally posted by Badgered86

Imagine if any other game launched but didn't allow everyone who purchased the game to log in on day one.  People would be raging and gaming media would be all over it.  That's exactly what is happening here, except many gamers and media outlets are buying it hook, line, and sinker because they've used marketing lingo to cover up what they're really doing.

Think critically.  We're being played.

I totally agree. If I had paid for the game and I didn't get to log in day one, I would lose it.

It's a good thing I haven't paid for anything yet, and neither has anyone else who's in early access. People have cancelled pre-orders and are still in the pre-launch gametime. Bummer, that really torpedos your whole argument.

Think critically.

• DevalonDevalon Member UncommonPosts: 496

--
    "Any free people have the right to choose how it wants to be govern thats the essence of democracy. It's sad when America has chosen for the stability and consistency of a dictatorship and doing it democratically" -utnow

• PaithanPaithan Member Posts: 377

Originally posted by Oneto

I'll just leave this here...

"the balance will be charged"

Sounds like a deposit to me. You will just have to wait to see your reciept.

Bestellen

PC

PEGI 12+

Downloadbare

PC

€5,00

Subtotaal:

€ 74,99

My bank ballance :

##-##-2011

#########

KN: #########

############### ##-##-2011 19:36

EA *Origin.com

Netgiro Payments Ab inzake DIGIT

• eccotoneccoton Member UncommonPosts: 1,340

I guess if everyone pre-ordered the day they announced pre-orders then maybe everyone could launch today. But they didnt..so they can't. You're getting pissed over semantics....they didn't sell us anything except a game. If you pre-ordered the game  then you could get early access as a perk. It is what it is.  I didn't pay extra for early access...I paid what I planned on paying once I saw the different options. I didn't even know if there was early access when I pre-ordered because I didn't read about it at that time. I fail to see how we are being "played". When it's not costing me anymore than I ever intended to pay AND I get 7 days advance play. I wish more companies would play me like this....oh ..that's right..they have ....because I've  played at least 3 other MMOS that offered the same deal..pre-order=headstart. No one bitched then..well..that I remember.I was too busy playing.

If you bought the game digitally from origin for early access you did pay an extra 5 dollars as a seperate fee.

At gamestop's here in Canada you have to pay a $5.00 deposit on a pre order for any game period. It isnt an extra charge and gets taken off the final bill for the game/games

Actually, they didn't charge you the price of the game yet. They charged the full price, then refunded everything except $5.  So you WILL get charged again on launch day.  

Bestellen

PC

PEGI 12+

Downloadbare

PC

€5,00

Subtotaal:

€ 74,99

Someone already answered in another post with a screen print that explains..the reserve and full price is pre-authorized the after 24hrs the pending game charge drops leaving just $5. When the game launches they charge you for the full game minus $5 deposit. that's what I take from it...but I could be wrong.

I hope that is the case. It is confusing, it was hard to believe they were charging me an extra 5 dollars and not giving access today. You explain it better the EA did.

• EzhaeEzhae Member UncommonPosts: 735

It's how bank payments work. They take the full amount for authorization purpose so You don't clog the pre-order system with empty accounts. After 24h They return the money (then comes the bank delay that depends on how fast Your bank resolves those issues, some crappy banks can hold money even for 10 days but that's still bank's fault) minus the pre-order fee which is what will appear on your account billing. The resto of the money won't be taken from your account balance until the game's actual release day.

Bestellen

PC

PEGI 12+

Downloadbare

PC

€5,00

Subtotaal:

€ 74,99

You really must feel stupid, they charge the full price the same day as I pre-rdered. I stated this before.

• pmilespmiles Member Posts: 383

If BW offered early game access for $5 extra above the cost of the game... people would still have paid it.  If you want to be cheap, wait 3 months and it will be half the price it is today.

• AtibraAtibra Member Posts: 65

People are already level 25++ due to the PvP exp/credits/commendations exploit.   Day 1 advantages are great.

My bank ballance :

##-##-2011

#########

EA *Origin.com

Ok. Now look for the refund a business day or two later. If that's there then the total charge should only be 5.00 until launch day. 

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

Tera - Dragonfall Server

You really must feel stupid, they charge the full price the same day as I pre-rdered. I stated this before.

I don't feel really stupid. They charged full price to me the same day I pre ordered as well. Then they returned everything except for $5. Like I said.  

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

Tera - Dragonfall Server

My bank ballance :

##-##-2011

#########

EA *Origin.com

Ok. Now look for the refund a business day or two later. If that's there then the total charge should only be 5.00 until launch day. 

I did, they charged 74,99 not 5, there is no 69,99 refund.

• EzhaeEzhae Member UncommonPosts: 735

Originally posted by Atibra

People are already level 25++ due to the PvP exp/credits/commendations exploit.   Day 1 advantages are great.

I only see it as good thing. Less crowd in early zones. Rushing to levels in MMOs gives You no advantage because eventually You all reach "end of current content" phase while You wait for new patch. There is no advantage in being 20 even 40 levels above the rest now. It just means You run of things to do earlier, and by exploting the PVP people only kill the whole idea of playing a game for themselves. 

They will be the first to cry that they have nothing to do, that the PvP is dead, that there is no one to do flashpoints with, etc. It's like this with every MMO and They still can't learn it. 

Games have limited amount of gear and levels You can have, and if You have a decent guild You will still beat them to end game "power" even if You start next month. 

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591

Bestellen

PC

PEGI 12+

Downloadbare

PC

€5,00

Subtotaal:

€ 74,99

My bank ballance :

##-##-2011

#########

EA *Origin.com

In North America, the advertised price for the standard edition is $59.99 which includes the $5.00 pre order fee or what ever you want to call it.

http://store.origin.com/store/ea/html/pbPage.SWTOR_NA 

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

Bestellen

PC

PEGI 12+

Downloadbare

PC

€5,00

Subtotaal:

€ 74,99

NO COMPANY CHARGES FULL PRICE FOR THE GAME BEFORE IT IS COMMERCIALLY AVAILABLE . Perhaps you are the "stupid" one as you put it. An authorization will look just like a full purchase for 24 hrs or more depending on your financial institutions system . What you posted of your bank account means shit. ...of course you'll never post the portion of your online statement that would clearly show the pending $69.99 dropping off your account because you'd rather be argumentative and/or lie than ever admit you're incorrect. So go ahead and insult more people who never spoke ill toward you...until now..Douchebag.

My bank ballance :

##-##-2011

#########

EA *Origin.com

Ok, well you've been warned. I hope I don't see any posts from you on launch day when they charge you the full price of the game. 

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

Tera - Dragonfall Server

• sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197

Sorry but did you just pay SEVENTY FIVE euros to play TOR ?

people will REALLY buy anything...

..Cake..

My bank ballance :

##-##-2011

#########

EA *Origin.com

Ok, well you've been warned. I hope I don't see any posts from you on launch day when they charge you the full price of the game. 

They wont, they already charged me the full price, if they do charge me, I would contact EA to get the issue resolved.

Bestellen

PC

PEGI 12+

Downloadbare

PC

€5,00

Subtotaal:

€ 74,99

NO COMPANY CHARGES FULL PRICE FOR THE GAME BEFORE IT IS COMMERCIALLY AVAILABLE . Perhaps you are the "stupid" one as you put it. An authorization will look just like a full purchase for 24 hrs or more depending on your financial institutions system . What you posted of your bank account means shit. ...of course you'll never post the portion of your online statement that would clearly show the pending $69.99 dropping off your account because you'd rather be argumentative and/or lie than ever admit you're incorrect. So go ahead and insult more people who never spoke ill toward you...until now..Douchebag.

Gues I have to post it again.

Bestellen

PC

PEGI 12+

Downloadbare

PC

€5,00

Subtotaal:

€ 74,99

My bank ballance :

##-##-2011

#########

############### ##-##-2011 19:36

EA *Origin.com

Considering the amounth of times this has been quoted..

Yeah they did charge prior to release. Im guessing the word you are looking for is.. oops?

• kaliniskalinis Member Posts: 1,428

no no no. i paid 5 dollars when i pre orderd and origin will charge me the remaining balance when i get my code teh 16th

so they will charege me 54.99 , how do i know they told me in my email and on the pre order faq at origin when i ordered it

if the shop u ordered for is charging u an extra 5 dollars thats there fault not biowares.

• rawfoxrawfox Member UncommonPosts: 788

Originally posted by tryklon

Jesus, some people really take a damn videogame much to serious...

i agree.

especially the guys at BW are that kind of what you have in target.

we, the players, just have these body-own drugs and it doesnt matter if you're walking 3 days thru dessert and find actually water, or getting a new toy, a new car, a new guitar, or a new game.

Being lucky and happy is different then being dissapointed and sad (thats age independant btw)

With this staggering tactics, they are actively dissapointing people who have payed for early access and cant get in now.

And then they seem to stop working after their workday .... isnt there any nightworkers ? Dont they work in layers ?!

No bruv, its not about we take it too serious, we just want our endorphines because they are so cute.

• UronksurUronksur Member UncommonPosts: 310

I've just checked my bank statements, and the people saying that we have yet to be charged are correct. I pre-ordered the Digital Deluxe through Origins, and I was only charged the ~$5 pre-order fee.

Paithan

My bank balance said the same thing only with the $174.99 for CE. Then a day later..the $174.99 was gone. Again..your post that is suppose to be proof of one day and time in which your account was charged for the game..has dick all to do with anything....but cool story bro...tell it again.