Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SWTOR ..waiting for an email...Your gona hate this

I canceled my CE after beta a few weeks ago and I just got an email invite. Sad but true. I feel sorry for the dude that can't get in today because my invite was screwed up.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can
be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard

Comments

• MMOtoGOMMOtoGO Member Posts: 630

Originally posted by Redcor

I canceled my CE after beta a few weeks ago and I just got an email invite. Sad but true. I feel sorry for the dude that can't get in today because my invite was screwed up.

I feel terrible for laughing at this.  Not really.

• EzhaeEzhae Member UncommonPosts: 735

Well f You redeemed Your pre-order code it's in the system no matter whenever You keep Your order or not. It's still fair.

• Sourd420Sourd420 Member Posts: 63

seems like EA  move not a Bioware one

.facepalm hope this isnt signs of EA now fully running the show over there @ bioware austin

• RedcorRedcor Member Posts: 426

I had ordered it the day they were availible if that helps anyone waiting.

-Robert E. Howard

another friend of mine that cancelled just got an invite too.. ha

-Robert E. Howard

• DarwaDarwa Member UncommonPosts: 2,181

Same.

• crysentcrysent Member UncommonPosts: 841

Not a surprise - I'm sure more then a few people that canceled their pre-orders will log into the early access and realize they want to play the game and re-pre-order.  Not a bad move on Biowares part.  Also I'm sure they had no way of tracking pre-order keys with actualy orders.

Originally posted by crysent

Not a surprise - I'm sure more then a few people that canceled their pre-orders will log into the early access and realize they want to play the game and re-pre-order.  Not a bad move on Biowares part.  Also I'm sure they had no way of tracking pre-order keys with actualy orders.

I would, but after beta I have no interest. Imo Star Trek online looks and plays beter and I'm a SW fan. Sad but unfortunatlly true.

-Robert E. Howard

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

I would, but after beta I have no interest. Imo Star Trek online looks and plays beter and I'm a SW fan. Sad but unfortunatlly true.

This made me laugh. I want what you are smoking.

• onthestickonthestick Member Posts: 600

That is your opinion..some people like to smell their own farts too. Nothing wrong with enjoying what you like.

How many servers SWTOR will launch with on release?

ShredderSE - Umm how many do they need? Maybe 6.
    US, EU, Asian, France, German and Russian.
    Subs will be so low there is no need for more
    Snoocky-How many servers?
    The first 3 months a lot...after that 2 i guess, one for PVE and 1 for PVP...

Thorbrand - SWTOR doesn't have longevity at all. Might be one of the shortest lived MMOs.

• SlickShoesSlickShoes Member UncommonPosts: 1,019

another friend of mine that cancelled just got an invite too.. ha

This is normal, once the code is redeemed thats it, they don't know from the retailer if you cancelled or not.

Have you played STO ? Can you really tell me SWTOR has beter graphics ?  I also enjoy the ship pvp in STO. Its just my opinion , I'm not hatin. I just think its to cartoony for my taste. My favorite mmo is Age of Conan so I have a bad habbit of comparing graphics to that. The games that look good to me down the road are Tera, TSW, and Archage.

-Robert E. Howard

• NMStudioNMStudio Member Posts: 376

Have you played STO ? Can you really tell me SWTOR has beter graphics ?  I also enjoy the ship pvp in STO. Its just my opinion , I'm not hatin. I just think its to cartoony for my taste. My favorite mmo is Age of Conan so I have a bad habbit of comparing graphics to that. The games that look good to me down the road are Tera, TSW, and Archage.

I can tell you that I very much prefer the graphics of SWTOR to those of STO.

And i respect your opinion. But personally i couldn't care less for graphics. 

Thorbrand - SWTOR doesn't have longevity at all. Might be one of the shortest lived MMOs.

• DarwaDarwa Member UncommonPosts: 2,181

Originally posted by onthestick

And i respect your opinion. But personally i could care less for graphics. 

Could or couldn't?

• RobsolfRobsolf Member RarePosts: 4,607

Originally posted by NMStudio

I can tell you that I very much prefer the graphics of SWTOR to those of STO.

Same here.  By about a mile.  Animations are far better, too.  STO's space game is a bit better, but not by as much as it should be.  Ground game is no contest.  STO's is horrible.

But back to the OP:  It does suck that folks are getting invites that cancelled.  However, since they are doing the waves based on server load, you and others that cancelled not being on means less server load and thus, waves coming faster.  So, no biggie.

Originally posted by darwa

And i respect your opinion. But personally i could care less for graphics. 

Could or couldn't?

Typo....

*slaps his cat*

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574

Nothing wrong with that at all, just sounds like you have abnormally bad taste in MMO's.  Its the same as people who prefer to be married to abusive alcoholic guys who are douchbags.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

I can honestly tell you that SWTOR has better graphics. I have played both. If you look at the detail on the faces, its not even cartoony. I liked Age of Conan, but honestly, the graphics in SWTOR are far more polished, especially in later worlds.

TERA models are far more 'cartoony' than you will find in SWTOR, so dont get your hopes up there.

• echolynfanecholynfan Member UncommonPosts: 681

You MUST be kidding. STO sucks so bad and I'm a big Trekkie - SWTOR makes STO look like Asteroids.

Currently playing SWTOR and it's MUCH better than it was at launch.

• ZarynterkZarynterk Member UncommonPosts: 398

Originally posted by echolynfan

You MUST be kidding. STO sucks so bad and I'm a big Trekkie - SWTOR makes STO look like Asteroids.

Then STO makes SWTOR look like... wait for it... WOW... cause it is...

Originally posted by Zarynterk

Yeah.. you get a cookie for it. You are the first one to solve the mystery.

• ZarynterkZarynterk Member UncommonPosts: 398

When the devs actually went as far as to copy even the color tier of the gear (purple epics)... not much of a mystery to decipher my friend lol...

When the devs actually went as far as to copy even the color tier of the gear (purple epics)... not much of a mystery to decipher my friend lol...

You still deserve a cookie for making the most original comment.

• HighMarshalHighMarshal Member UncommonPosts: 414

Almost every MMO uses that standard and....................... wait for it.....................................WoW didn't invent it!