Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild deployment is a total failure

13»

Comments

• brutality123brutality123 Member Posts: 125

If it helps when they allow faction transfers many people will sort the problem out for themselves by transferring to the more populated side so I don't see the point

TBH there's not much point in bioware in doing anything because if they do actually manage to fix the imbalance the players themselves will ensure one side gets an advantage and flock to join that.

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

Originally posted by neorandom

you can roll both factions on same server, you can talk cross faction locally, theres no reason to throw a fit over it when the games not even out.

It's quite important for PvP servers. The main form of PvP until 40+ is the Warzones, massive imbalance means one side is likely to rarely see the matches pop. That might not be a biggy for someone who only enjoys PvE but for people who either enjoy both or prefer PvP it's annoying.

• easternstormeasternstorm Member Posts: 76

im good where im at

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

And this is an issue why?

I mean, even in PVP it's "5 VS 5" or what. Even in open PVP areas (do they exist??) you don't need ALL players of a server, just a handful. So whats the heck the problem? This ain't Planetside!

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• easternstormeasternstorm Member Posts: 76

go home wow boy enjoy your panda =P

• BreakNFacesBreakNFaces Member UncommonPosts: 77

Originally posted by wormywyrm

SWTOR sucks.

Just for you buddy  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrBj3u5dPgM   :)

• AutemOxAutemOx Member Posts: 1,704

Originally posted by Elikal

I mean, even in PVP it's "5 VS 5" or what. Even in open PVP areas (do they exist??) you don't need ALL players of a server, just a handful. So whats the heck the problem? This ain't Planetside!

Yeah!  Planetside was balanced very well, this is not.  And at release, planetside didnt allow multiple factions per server.  Oh and Planetside is actually fun and has interesting capture-base PvP.

Play as your fav retro characters: cnd-online.net. My site: www.lysle.net. Blog: creatingaworld.blogspot.com.

• Entropy14Entropy14 Member UncommonPosts: 675

I agree on PVP servers this could be a huge problem, and sadly it had a simple solution.

I do beleive that SW can have 3 factions, many people would go to which ever side benifited them mos,t or who paid them the most,

I think many BH, Smugglers, Troopers/Operatives could of easily went on either side.  And I am sure with some creative force could of had 1 LS weilding person in the middle (although I know hardcore story followers might see a problem with this one)

But then again im sure in the time of many many Jedis some where confused on which side they were on.  But thats just my opinion.

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Yeah!  Planetside was balanced very well, this is not.  And at release, planetside didnt allow multiple factions per server.  Oh and Planetside is actually fun and has interesting capture-base PvP.

What I meant was: SWTOR is not ABOUT PVP! I mean it has PVP, like some arena. But again: so what? Somehow I fail to see the drama. (And trust me, that means something!)

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

As i already said, the warzones are the main form of pvp until nearer 50. If there's huge imbalance like there is on many of the servers here one side will rarely see any matches popping due to there not being many people on the other side to sign up for them.

And yes, the imbalance is of epic proportions on many of the servers.

• bdewbdew Member UncommonPosts: 192

Sory for not reading the whole thread and/or possibly being stupid, but...

Where do you see each server balance?

The official site is still mostly nonfunctional right now from what i see (no forums, logins disabled).

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

Originally posted by Vegetto

Interesting when i saw a comment about PvP servers having more Empire, PvE more Republic.

I have seen that in games before, the PvP 'bastards' always play the bad guys lol.

It's a subconscious visual thing, I think; seems to happen in every new game.

Consider: You're creating a PVP toon, naturally you want him to be a badass.  If there's no imbalanced racial to make the decision for you, you're going to reach for the race that looks the most badass.

PVE servers are driven in the other direction, mostly through roleplaying considerations (I assume).  The Good Guys always win, in those movies--so "good guy" is the unconscious choice.

Now that the visual trend is so firmly established by several past games, it's not likely to change (without some subtle--or blatant--forcing of population control).

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• chopgrchopgr Member Posts: 179

on Legions of Lettow, there are 26 Republic and 40 Imperial O.o

http://www.youtube.com/user/chopgr?feature=mhee

"The Heavens burned, the stars
    cried out
    And under the ashes of infinity,
    Hope, scarred and bleeding,
    breathed its last."

Originally posted by chopgr

on Legions of Lettow, there are 26 Republic and 40 Imperial O.o

My guilds server Prophecy of the Five has 44 Republic and 116 Empire guilds image

• AutemOxAutemOx Member Posts: 1,704

What I meant was: SWTOR is not ABOUT PVP! I mean it has PVP, like some arena. But again: so what? Somehow I fail to see the drama. (And trust me, that means something!)

Yeah SWTOR is about the story. 

Play as your fav retro characters: cnd-online.net. My site: www.lysle.net. Blog: creatingaworld.blogspot.com.

Originally posted by toodlepip123

So many dumb people in this thread. Instead of spamming "oh noes, the server is unbalanced. Look at the guild ratio herp derp", how about you actually count the players on the servers, and also take into account the players who are unguilded/new players that will start on your server.

I gave up counting the players on my server when the Empire started outnumbering Republic by hundreds. You may think it dumb but the server guild lists is the foundation of each server.

• NasherUKNasherUK Member UncommonPosts: 480

This may be a side-effect of trying to group guilds with their allied guilds. Or just a flaw in the code they used to assign servers :P

With such an imbalance queue times for PVP will be huge for one side and instant for the other.  Also world pvp will be near impossible for one side since they will always be massively outnumbered.

• ElricmerrenElricmerren Member Posts: 295

One of the only ways of making the faction pops even or near even is a system that checs the population of characters for each side, and then disallows character creation for the over-populated side till the population equalizes. Yet this still is an issue in that people want to play as a faction/race they choose, compared to what is needed for equal populations in game. Alot of players that want to be a sith do not care that another player wants to play as a jedi on that same server, but the sith do want to have the ability to play without waiting for long perods of time searching for thigns like in lfg for instance. Till we get thigns like faction gatting based on server population of character based on sides, or somethig to midagate the fact that peopel will role one side over another on servers as such overpopulating that side on that server we have to deal with it. This is not completely tor's devs  fault, or the layers fault, as it is a problem that has exsted for awhile. I always thought that the players on the under-populated side of a serveer should get a buff or bonus of some kind to compensate or even the fight in ways. Thing like companions getting stronger, actual physical buff on your buff bar, or stronger npc that would vary based on the sheer dfference of population of that server.

• thamighty213thamighty213 Member UncommonPosts: 1,637

Originally posted by NasherUK

This may be a side-effect of trying to group guilds with their allied guilds. Or just a flaw in the code they used to assign servers :P

With such an imbalance queue times for PVP will be huge for one side and instant for the other.  Also world pvp will be near impossible for one side since they will always be massively outnumbered.

Trying is the right word because thats also a cluster****

of our selections we are on a server with 1 small guild ally,  all our enemies and our other allies are on another server together along with 6 other guilds from EU Chimaera.

We spent months planning a interweave of us all in the maximum effort to get us together to see 2 of us shafted.

Hope theres no queues on this other server because we sure as **** arent heading where we were assigned.

• chopgrchopgr Member Posts: 179

1322 Republic

2098 Imperial

+58.7% more Imperials lol

http://www.youtube.com/user/chopgr?feature=mhee

"The Heavens burned, the stars
    cried out
    And under the ashes of infinity,
    Hope, scarred and bleeding,
    breathed its last."

• toodlepip123toodlepip123 Member Posts: 125

Originally posted by Kabaal

Originally posted by toodlepip123

So many dumb people in this thread. Instead of spamming "oh noes, the server is unbalanced. Look at the guild ratio herp derp", how about you actually count the players on the servers, and also take into account the players who are unguilded/new players that will start on your server.

I gave up counting the players on my server when the Empire started outnumbering Republic by hundreds. You may think it dumb but the server guild lists is the foundation of each server.

You are assuming that those guilds will actually roll there and not change.

Perhaps you havent heard about the kinrath spider server yet.  There are more servers like that.

• NasherUKNasherUK Member UncommonPosts: 480

Originally posted by thamighty213

Originally posted by NasherUK

Trying is the right word because thats also a cluster****

of our selections we are on a server with 1 small guild ally,  all our enemies and our other allies are on another server together along with 6 other guilds from EU Chimaera.

We spent months planning a interweave of us all in the maximum effort to get us together to see 2 of us shafted.

Hope theres no queues on this other server because we sure as **** arent heading where we were assigned.

Did you all select the same server type? If you didn't that would be why.  My guild leader picked "PVE", but all our allies picked "RP", so we got dumped on a random PVE server while they are all together :/