Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

skyrim question

nethrillnethrill Member Posts: 122

Looks like a cool game but I tried oblivion and hated/couldn't get used to the wasd controlled format and I understand skyrim is designed the same way. Is there a setting where your character can be controlled like a standard mmorpg, more mouse oriented or is it strictly wasd?

Comments

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476

WSAD is the standard control in mmo's.

" Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • Wharg0ulWharg0ul Member Posts: 4,183

you can use an xbox 360 controller, if that suits you better.

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

Originally posted by Wharg0ul

This, you don't even have to program it or set it up. It works right after connecting it. 

• just2duhjust2duh Member Posts: 1,290

Not sure I follow.

How was Oblivion controlled any different than a standard mmo? You use WASD for movement, but you look around/turn with your mouse in both.

Not trying to sound rude here, but unless you use the click to move style of movement in MMO's they are pretty much the same control scheme (minus a left or right click to enter free-look mode in an mmo).

If that's the case then no you can't change Skyrim to that sort of control.

• just2duhjust2duh Member Posts: 1,290

Originally posted by GrayGhost79

This, you don't even have to program it or set it up. It works right after connecting it. 

You can do the same with a PS3 controller too, but need to run it through an emulator. DS3 tools works great, it can emulate a bunch of controller types too (like the 360 for example).

• Wharg0ulWharg0ul Member Posts: 4,183

Originally posted by just2duh

You can do the same with a PS3 controller too, but need to run it through an emulator. DS3 tools works great, it can emulate a bunch of controller types too (like the 360 for example).

Or you could just get an Air-Flo or something....basically a PS3 controller, but PC native, and has cool fans to keep your hands from getting sweaty.

I use one with all my emulators, except of course for Dolphin, when I use a Wii remote via bluetooth.

• nethrillnethrill Member Posts: 122

Originally posted by Elsabolts

I use arrows and my mouse not wasd on my mmo's. Oblivion always gave me a headache and made me feel dizzy like it's always floating you forward and it felt harder to controll than say wow or lotr etc. I don't want another game like oblivion if that's how skyrim is designed. Thanks

• june32ndjune32nd Member Posts: 122

or just play it on a console.... i mean you know the consoles system will not only run it but run it fantastic. 

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002

Originally posted by nethrill

Originally posted by Elsabolts

I use arrows and my mouse not wasd on my mmo's. Oblivion always gave me a headache and made me feel dizzy like it's always floating you forward and it felt harder to controll than say wow or lotr etc. I don't want another game like oblivion if that's how skyrim is designed. Thanks

hmmm, i think most mmo's are usually WASD by default unless they are click to move.

In any case, the design is similiar to Oblvion so it might not be for you.

Having said that, it's "slighly" different as your camera is more over the shoulder. Not sure if that matters.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

Originally posted by june32nd

or just play it on a console.... i mean you know the consoles system will not only run it but run it fantastic. 

Nah, you play on Console you miss out on all the mods to come.