Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I think of Sandbox MMOs in terms of underground music and i have hope!

GeminiStaticGeminiStatic Member UncommonPosts: 182

It's funny a lot of people hate on the Justin Biebers or the Cristina Aguilleras (theme park MMOs) I don't mean this as an insult. 

But let's face it the local underground punk scene or the IDM scene or any progressive rock bands out there that are too experimental in their own goods are highly desires by producers, musicians, or underground music lovers (Sandbox MMO players). 

It was hard to get these bands noticed as these indie rock bands tried to climb the level of popularity (indie developers) but I have faith that one day they'll be a trend in Sandbox MMOs the same way that The Mars Volta (a prog-rock experimental band) made their style noticed by a lot of peopel and won a Grammy's for Hard Rock performance in 2008.

This is the way I see Sandbox MMOs, I know a lot of people are kind of down about but chin up. I know that one day that shit will come at us so hard we'll be paralyzed in front of our computers for days!

Just sayin' 

Who agrees?

Old School Gamer - http://www.rsclegacy.com/

Comments

• CuathonCuathon Member Posts: 2,211

The thing is that money limitations and goals between indie bands and and pop groups and themeparks and sandboxes are not comparable. For instance lots of indie bands have intentionally low production values but I have never seen someone argue that poor graphics in a sandbox are desirable, at best and only among a few they are considered acceptable to sacrifice for superior gameplay. But given the choice all players prefer polished expensive graphics.

• GeminiStaticGeminiStatic Member UncommonPosts: 182

I hear ya man! But yeah its living proof tha tpoor graphics can still make awesome gameplay.

Old School Gamer - http://www.rsclegacy.com/
  • arcanistarcanist Member Posts: 163

" For instance lots of indie bands have intentionally low production values but I have never seen someone argue that poor graphics in a sandbox are desirable "

I use a laptop. So i'd definately prefer bad graphics and still have it work. Actaully I'd prefer perfeormance oover graphics almost any time. I'd rather have a hundred players on screen than good graphics. as long as its 3d and not too cartoony I don't really care.

Enough of an arggument for you.

• CuathonCuathon Member Posts: 2,211

Originally posted by arcanist

" For instance lots of indie bands have intentionally low production values but I have never seen someone argue that poor graphics in a sandbox are desirable "

I use a laptop. So i'd definately prefer bad graphics and still have it work. Actaully I'd prefer perfeormance oover graphics almost any time. I'd rather have a hundred players on screen than good graphics. as long as its 3d and not too cartoony I don't really care.

Enough of an arggument for you.

You can set the graphics lower in most game options. Having good graphics doesn't mess you up. I can play lots of graphic heavy games that way on my laptop.

• free2playfree2play Member UncommonPosts: 2,043

I've called WoW the Britney Spears of MMOs a few times.

The world loves to hate but begs to replicate because you can't argue with success. The difference being, you can be a musician and be an artist. All MMO's are commercial ventures.