Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

pvp

binary_0011binary_0011 Member Posts: 528

in GOD now, how much exp will you lose in pvp?

Thanks.

Comments

• tristanryantristanryan Member Posts: 233

Not much xp loss on death, but at high levels of the game it can still set you back a bit.

-Its no longer possible to delevel... in any way.

-If you attack someone, your name turns purple for a very short time. While your name is purple, anyone can attack you and kill you without consequence.

-If you attack someone and they dont attack you back, IE, you kill them without them retaliating, your name will turn red.

-If your name is turns red, you have to kill many, many, many mobs to return to normal.

-You gain zero xp while red. Zero.

-If you attack someone, and they attack back (both players names are purple) then its normal PvP. No consequence, regardless of who lives or loses.

-Getting rid of "red" at higher levels is much, much easier. For example, turn a character level 40-50 red, might as well reroll. Thats 700+ mobs you have to work off. Kill 2 players? thats around 1400 mobs needed to kill before you can earn *any* xp again.

-Coming across a red player in the world, and killing him? Your name will turn green.. and stay green. This means you are "lawful" and can be trusted in a way.

What ive said are estimates. I forget what its called when you're red now  etc etc.

To make a long story short..

Going around and griefing low level players that dont wish to partake in pvp is a thing of the past. Some players are not happy about this, some players absolutely love it. Once again, this isnt the case at high levels of gameplay, you can work off a PK in 20 minutes. At low levels, this can take hours and hours. In other words.. they dont want low level players messed with. Once again, if you attack someone (regardles of level) and they attack back? Normal PvP rules apply.

Ive also been told clan war PvP death penalties are more severe now (more fun imo)

You can actually download and play this game 100% free, not spend a dime in the item shop, and still be on par with every other player. You get free gear and +4 weapons every time you enter a new grade of gear till like 75 or 85.

-max level now is 99.

Catacombs and necropolis' have been removed from game. Yeah, read that again :( That was actually one of my favorite parts of game for "polearm AoE parties". They are gone now. You can literally level to 35-40 the first time you log in if you have any experience in L2 whatsoever. I really like the update. Ive never seen so many people in this game. I can only imagine how fun clan wars will be if there are this many people. And one final note, 90%+ of these players are brand new and clueless. Pick one of the new servers. Its a new economy. Nobody owns castles yet.. etc etc.

I know these notes answered more than your question, i just thought u might like to know:)

Good luck!

• odinsrathodinsrath Member UncommonPosts: 814

i used to p2p when i subbed L2..how is it now? is pvp rly out of control or is it possible for someone to start from nothing ? i rly loved the game..only reason i left was the gold farmers and low pop. to play with

• tristanryantristanryan Member Posts: 233

Originally posted by odinsrath

i used to p2p when i subbed L2..how is it now? is pvp rly out of control or is it possible for someone to start from nothing ? i rly loved the game..only reason i left was the gold farmers and low pop. to play with

If thats how you feel you had better start downloading. I downloaded from scratch and only took about 1.5 hours. And PvP is definitely not out of control. Killing someone that doesnt want to pvp is a bad idea nowadays. I also like hunting red players, right now, all of my toons have green names :) (that means you are lawful and good :) Im not exagerrating either. We are talking 5,000+ players per server. All day, all night 24/7 (well to me anyway, im on east coast and play on Magmeld)

Now, some of those people dont speak english but i dont mean chinese... if you follow what im saying. Its just players from all over the world. Once again, pick a new server. New economy! no billoinaires, nobody even owns a castle yet...

Okay let me say one more thing. I have several mid to high level characters on Chronos (old server) I have main toons, buffers, etc etc. However, i have chosen to start fresh on new servers without even thinking twice. From the way your post sounds, you will absolutely love it now (make sure you pick magmeld or shillen server)

Edit;

I may be bias, but id choose Magmeld. Shillen is *so* crowded its just not fun. Magmeld is just right. Tons of players, but you can still get everything done in a timely manner (most of the time). Dont get me wrong, it almost feels like too many players no matter what server you pick haha.

• binary_0011binary_0011 Member Posts: 528

thanks for the reply.

• odinsrathodinsrath Member UncommonPosts: 814

Originally posted by tristanryan

Originally posted by odinsrath

If thats how you feel you had better start downloading. I downloaded from scratch and only took about 1.5 hours. And PvP is definitely not out of control. Killing someone that doesnt want to pvp is a bad idea nowadays. I also like hunting red players, right now, all of my toons have green names :) (that means you are lawful and good :) Im not exagerrating either. We are talking 5,000+ players per server. All day, all night 24/7 (well to me anyway, im on east coast and play on Magmeld)

Now, some of those people dont speak english but i dont mean chinese... if you follow what im saying. Its just players from all over the world. Once again, pick a new server. New economy! no billoinaires, nobody even owns a castle yet...

Okay let me say one more thing. I have several mid to high level characters on Chronos (old server) I have main toons, buffers, etc etc. However, i have chosen to start fresh on new servers without even thinking twice. From the way your post sounds, you will absolutely love it now (make sure you pick magmeld or shillen server)

Edit;

I may be bias, but id choose Magmeld. Shillen is *so* crowded its just not fun. Magmeld is just right. Tons of players, but you can still get everything done in a timely manner (most of the time). Dont get me wrong, it almost feels like too many players no matter what server you pick haha.

thx man loading patcher as we speak..ill give it a go

• Deuce6Deuce6 Member UncommonPosts: 23

There is no more "working off a PK".  You can no longer go out and kill "X" number of mobs to work off your karma (karma actually no longer exists in the game), it's all based on Reputation now.  You also can no longer gain any XP while red.

Here is the new PvP Overview: http://www.lineage2.com/en/game/the-library/pvp-activities

Here is the Reputation Overview: http://www.lineage2.com/en/game/the-library/pvp-activities/reputation.php