Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How should we feel about the new anouncment of 5 more instances? I feel they just stole my wallet..

13»

Comments

• Rusty715Rusty715 Member Posts: 482

Originally posted by kasta

I play LOTRO, or I did.  I recently cancelled my sub and switched to SWTOR.  Prior to that I had bought ROI and enjoyed it.  The instances won't bring me back but I'll be back when I grow tired of SWTOR.  I enjoy LOTRO but I've been playing it for a couple years now and want to do something different for a while.

I have played off and on since 2007. I have taken breaks to play or try other MMO's as well. I"ve found the F2P model used in LOTRO to be fair so folks that want to play TOR can still remain active in LOTRO. The idea that it has to be one or the other is something the fanbois have come up with as another trolling point.

Really? This game sucks and Im not having fun? Im going to unsub right now. Thanks for the tip.

• PukeBucketPukeBucket Member Posts: 867

Originally posted by Rusty715

I play LOTRO, or I did.  I recently cancelled my sub and switched to SWTOR.  Prior to that I had bought ROI and enjoyed it.  The instances won't bring me back but I'll be back when I grow tired of SWTOR.  I enjoy LOTRO but I've been playing it for a couple years now and want to do something different for a while.
    I have played off and on since 2007. I have taken breaks to play or try other MMO's as well. I"ve found the F2P model used in LOTRO to be fair so folks that want to play TOR can still remain active in LOTRO. The idea that it has to be one or the other is something the fanbois have come up with as another trolling point.

Yeah that's my primary reason for enjoying LotRO even after I've gave up on most other themeparks.

I found the game stable, I can log into one of the busier servers (Brandywine), get a level or do a few instances. Hell even just explore with no trouble.

I've wrote up about this before but for 60 bucks I've enjoyed LotRO for a year now without running into any hindering barriers.
    Even if I go to a zone to help a friend or two with quests that I don't have purchased I still gain plenty as a free player and never held the group back otherwise.

Looking forward to the new content since I've picked up Isen. Maybe it's due to the face that I play Warden and Captain classes only, they're rather unique in the mmo-sphere.

I used to play MMOs like you, but then I took an arrow to the knee.

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342

Originally posted by Hexipox

How should we react to the news about five more instances?

I’m a firm believer that they launched them later, not due to issues on the development, but that they are not a product of their recent expansion. This means that people who already payed for the expansion and are F2P will need to buy coins to get access to the instances. If you’re a VIP member this is not a problem though. But for F2P players who bought the expansion, will also need to pay further for the instances.

TBH I’m getting really fet up with the way Turbine try to lure their customers into a payment trap. The instances should have been in the expansion, instead of (IMO) delayed only for the purpose to make more money. I have no facts to backup this theory, but looking at the past and how Turbines market plan works, this could very well be the fact.

They are not out yet, so we do not know how many turbine coins it will cost to unlock. But a lot people already payed for a expansion which very well could be awarded for the biggest marketing scam ever, alongside the worst expansion in a MMO to date. I usually laugh when people call Blizzard money whores, as any company is. That’s how it works, you try to get a much cash from your customers as humanly possible, while you still try to maintain your moral towards your consumer. But this move from Turbine got me to agree with those who call companies money whores. Because that is what Turbine are now, don’t care about the story line anymore, don’t care about the player, only their wallets and how deep they goes. Turbine lost their moral towards their consumer.

Do you guys think I overreact to this, or do you believe there is a bit of truth to my assumption?

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

• SuprGamerXSuprGamerX Member Posts: 531

Heh , I feel like I just took an arrow to the knee.

• mikahrmikahr Member Posts: 1,066

Originally posted by PukeBucket

Originally posted by Rusty715

Yeah that's my primary reason for enjoying LotRO even after I've gave up on most other themeparks.

I found the game stable, I can log into one of the busier servers (Brandywine), get a level or do a few instances. Hell even just explore with no trouble.

I've wrote up about this before but for 60 bucks I've enjoyed LotRO for a year now without running into any hindering barriers.

Even if I go to a zone to help a friend or two with quests that I don't have purchased I still gain plenty as a free player and never held the group back otherwise.

Looking forward to the new content since I've picked up Isen. Maybe it's due to the face that I play Warden and Captain classes only, they're rather unique in the mmo-sphere.

Yah, Warden is most satisfying class ive played in any MMO :)

• Rusty715Rusty715 Member Posts: 482

Originally posted by Slampig

Originally posted by Hexipox

How should we react to the news about five more instances?

I’m a firm believer that they launched them later, not due to issues on the development, but that they are not a product of their recent expansion. This means that people who already payed for the expansion and are F2P will need to buy coins to get access to the instances. If you’re a VIP member this is not a problem though. But for F2P players who bought the expansion, will also need to pay further for the instances.

TBH I’m getting really fet up with the way Turbine try to lure their customers into a payment trap. The instances should have been in the expansion, instead of (IMO) delayed only for the purpose to make more money. I have no facts to backup this theory, but looking at the past and how Turbines market plan works, this could very well be the fact.

They are not out yet, so we do not know how many turbine coins it will cost to unlock. But a lot people already payed for a expansion which very well could be awarded for the biggest marketing scam ever, alongside the worst expansion in a MMO to date. I usually laugh when people call Blizzard money whores, as any company is. That’s how it works, you try to get a much cash from your customers as humanly possible, while you still try to maintain your moral towards your consumer. But this move from Turbine got me to agree with those who call companies money whores. Because that is what Turbine are now, don’t care about the story line anymore, don’t care about the player, only their wallets and how deep they goes. Turbine lost their moral towards their consumer.

Do you guys think I overreact to this, or do you believe there is a bit of truth to my assumption?

Its my understanding that the 5 upcoming instances are another part of the ROI xpac. Anyone who purchased the xpac will get the 5 dungeons as well. As to whether those who just purchased the quest pack I do not know. Considering the quest pack is 3250 Turbine points and you can buy the xpac for $30 I dont know why anyone would go the quest pack route or how they have that many TP without buying them, which would be foolish.

Really? This game sucks and Im not having fun? Im going to unsub right now. Thanks for the tip.