Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hi a Q about the Heavy Suppressors

PurushPurush Member Posts: 2

im a lvl 109 soldier who uses the div 9s. but i read in a site that in higer qls the Heavy Suppressors do about 10k damage often for full auto. and the HS also has fling and burst as well.i know this is an ip intensive weapon..but is it worth it? cos after all it has 3!!! specials?::::01::

Comments

• PrideboyPrideboy Member Posts: 26
  • krekenkreken Member UncommonPosts: 139

Well, it sounds good on paper that you will be doing 10k FA hits. In reality, it is different. Since all ranged specials can be evaded except AS and you will be killing mobs way above your level, the chances of all bullets in FA to land are close to 0. Then you have to take in account the recharge rate on specials and reload time on a weapon. There are formulas in that link, I would do it for you but I don't know your skills level.
    Another thing you might want to do instead of doing calculations by yourself, is to use the damage calculator for both weapons on aodb.info.

• PurushPurush Member Posts: 2

thanks for ur replies guys..i guess the HS aint that great after all..but i would dearly like a gun with lotsa specials, cos even thou the div 9 is cool, it has only once special..any gun u guys could personally recomend?(i dont have sl..yet but i might get it in a while:) )

• krekenkreken Member UncommonPosts: 139
    There are not many good guns available without SL or AI. Pretty much before SL, Div 9 was the standard soldier gun up until you could equip hellfury or hellspinner at level 175. If you could gather enough high level peeps to kill Notum Soldier, you could try to get Nophex and get the upgrade for hellfury. If you will get SL, get the perenium gun for soldiers. It's one of the best weapons there right now.