Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Suggest me a class !

LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

Hey, I am going to give L2 a try.

Now I am casual player. And might be solo most of the time.

Suggest me a class that is mobile enough to escape ganking. Can dish some damage on its own (in pvp). And can solo "farm" effectively ?

Comments

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

Necromancer if you ask me...

• thamighty213thamighty213 Member UncommonPosts: 1,637

I havent played in some time now may pick it back up now.

I loved both my Phantom Ranger and my Silver Ranger both highly soloable but better in duo trio and both highly mobile with a good DPS and other tricks.

• JabasJabas Member UncommonPosts: 1,249

Originally posted by Lobotomist

Suggest me a class that is mobile enough to escape ganking. Can dish some damage on its own (in pvp). And can solo "farm" effectively ?

Dont forget to check the awakening class: http://www.lineage2.com/gd/classes.php

Chose one that u thing will suite you, will help to decide wich to make now.

For example, if you chose Necromancer you will awake as Feoh Wizard.

Edit: correct class  :)

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

If than, mage and archers seem like most fun :)

• nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735

Tyrant

So I am still split.

Trying to level Treasure hunter (he is my highest) , Necromancer, and silver ranger ...

What do you think ? Any of them waste of time ?

TH seems to be mana hog, and that produces lot of down time...

Also whats with Kamael classes ? Any of them good ?

And Tyrant. Does not give impression of soloable class .. or am i wrong ?

• RavenRaven Member UncommonPosts: 2,005

So I am still split.

Trying to level Treasure hunter (he is my highest) , Necromancer, and silver ranger ...

What do you think ? Any of them waste of time ?

TH seems to be mana hog, and that produces lot of down time...

Also whats with Kamael classes ? Any of them good ?

I would go Treasure Hunter, I like the class, has a lot of tools both for PVE and PVP. One of the first memories I have of a TH I have was back in prelude he was being followed by some of the ppl we were at war with and I just remember him putting on silent step and saying on vent "Im gonna take them for a walk in Cruma second floor" and then a few minutes later they all struggling with mobs and dying ( back then 2nd floor was quite high level ).

Archer is the next best thing I am a saggitarius and I like the class what annoys me is archery resistance everywhere, so its quite limited sometimes, I remember I couldnt level back in catacombs cost most mobs were archery resistant so you basically do no dmg, and its not the same as melee resistance cause melee you do quite a lot more hits per second it sorts of cancels out a bit of the damage reduction but archery you rely on every hit.

I also have a necromancer and personally I find them boring, but then again I find most casters boring unless you are a healer.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001

Tyrant the Orc Fist class?

very soloable.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

I haven't played L2 in a gagillion years however I had a Silver Ranger when I was there and it was a really fun class (of course, way too common at the time, but perhaps things have changed)

Not a lot of groupability as I recall (good at soloing) and I used to spend a fortune in soul shots (?) to keep my damage up where it needed to be.

Sure wish my old SR could be transferred over to the new F2P version, but probably he's long extinct. (was only level 51 or so, not losing that much I suppose)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Originally posted by Kyleran

I haven't played L2 in a gagillion years however I had a Silver Ranger when I was there and it was a really fun class (of course, way too common at the time, but perhaps things have changed)

Not a lot of groupability as I recall (good at soloing) and I used to spend a fortune in soul shots (?) to keep my damage up where it needed to be.

Sure wish my old SR could be transferred over to the new F2P version, but probably he's long extinct. (was only level 51 or so, not losing that much I suppose)

Seems that leveling is super fast now. I bet you can reach lvl 50 in a week, if not less

• HoplitesHoplites Member CommonPosts: 463

Leveling is super fast 1-75.  After that the training wheels come off and must show what you have learned on your way to 75.

• BlaadBlaad Member Posts: 64

Originally posted by nerovipus32

Tyrant

This is the winner.

• MithrandolirMithrandolir Member UncommonPosts: 1,701

Originally posted by Kyleran

If you download the client and log into Chronos server, (it will say you have no characters there at first, but still log in there), you should find your old character(s) there waiting for you :) And you can play them for free.

My old characters were there, and I started them in Prelude. I ended up switching to the newest server though, and got my new guy to 30 in 2 hours... leveling speed is wicked fast now for these early levels, and the game is more fun than ever. I can't imagine getting to 50 taking any more than another 4 or 5 hours really.

• gakulegakule Member UncommonPosts: 92
    I've been playing since the Shilen server came up and I'm level 65 and 85%.. My total 'battle duration' (time spent in combat) is 20 hours and 24 minutes. Thats with a lot of grouping and a handful of kamaloka's (hall/lab) that took me 30-45 minutes. Honestly, not bad. I feel like I'm playing on a 7-10 x private server, which I essentially am.

As a long time Lineage 2 player, since open beta, I can honestly say that Lineage 2 is in a very good place. There has never been more pvp, grouping, and the community/economy is doing very well. However, dwarves are making out like bandits with soul shot crafting.
  • KokomoblKokomobl Member UncommonPosts: 153

I always did prefer my overlord to any other class.

not the highest DPS mage, but has the best survivabillity imo and with the buff's you get nice came isss nice.

but as far as Silver Ranger, heck no, I'd go phantom, if stuff hasn't changed "I've not played in awhile" Phantom has alot more crit then Silver Ranger.

and if you do go treasure hunter.... please stick with old traditions.

and train then fakedeath everybody!!! <3

• MaGicBushMaGicBush Member UncommonPosts: 689

I am confused here, looking at responses people are suggesting classes that are not listed on "Class path" when creating a new character. Such as Treasure Hunter, Silver Ranger, etc. Also when leveling up do you have to move on to the next class at certain levels or can you stick with one all the way to max level? Most of you are suggesting classes that show up as 3rd or so in the progression list. I rolled a female Kamael(for the 1% PVP boost) hoping to do archery but after seeing some of the responses I am second guessing that now, and thinking about a necro path to Feoh wizard.

Wow, what the 7 days to delete a level one character? That sucks, and I can only have 2 on a server. I went ahead and made 2 to reserve my names :(. Guess I will be sticking with the archer for a while.

--------------------

-Currently playing FFXIV, and BDO.

• KokomoblKokomobl Member UncommonPosts: 153

Yes, all races start out as Soldiers / mystics / fighters ect ect.

then at level20 they get to chose there path of what they really want to become.

so as you're kamael you're first choices are "Trooper" and "Warder"

All races have different classes.

So if you wanted to be a Treasure Hunter you would go Human, Silver Ranger = Elf, Phantom Ranger = Dark Elf.

So level20 your first choice, then level40 then lvl76

Here  - may help in deciding what you actually want to become.

• MaGicBushMaGicBush Member UncommonPosts: 689

Originally posted by Kokomobl

Yes, all races start out as Soldiers / mystics / fighters ect ect.

then at level20 they get to chose there path of what they really want to become.

so as you're kamael you're first choices are "Trooper" and "Warder"

All races have different classes.

So if you wanted to be a Treasure Hunter you would go Human, Silver Ranger = Elf, Phantom Ranger = Dark Elf.

So level20 your first choice, then level40 then lvl76

Here  - may help in deciding what you actually want to become.

Thanks!

--------------------

-Currently playing FFXIV, and BDO.