Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So, let's talk different results in quest decisions: which ones did you find?

To state first and foremostly: this is NOT a thread for complaints about 'how none of your quest choices make a difference blablabla'.

Nor is it a general question 'how were your quest decisions, did you notice different results?' If you didn't notice them yourself, then don't post about it.

This is a thread to talk about the various different results you did find or notice after your quest choices made when you played, from small to large. Stuff that might be just a different NPC reply up to a different follow up mission or you noticing 'hey, so my quest decision of a few days back leads now to this different result'.

Other BW games like ME had stuff where your choices made small changes in the world you adventured through, from small to large. The same different quest results from small to large changes can be found in SWTOR.

So, which ones did you discover for yourself?

If you can, try to avoid any spoilers by talking in not too detailed terms, but if you can't avoid it, put a ***spoiler*** warning before your examples.

The ACTUAL size of MMORPG worlds: a comparison list between MMO's

The ease with which predictions are made on these forums:
Fratman: "I'm saying Spring 2012 at the earliest [for TOR release]. Anyone still clinging to 2011 is deluding themself at this point."

Comments

• spaceportspaceport Member Posts: 405

Really looking forward to this thread.

Only played 1 character so i couldn't check if the decisions affected quests objectives or not.

"Esport with tournaments is for hardcore pvp'rs that want to be competitive. Openworld PVP with ganking and griefing is for casuals that just wants their pvp mixed with pve from time to time."
    otacu

• CromicaCromica Member UncommonPosts: 657

The only difference I ever noticed was that being a jack ass just made the conversations take longer but sometimes you get a reward for choosing dark side over light when turning a quest in on the statrter planet atleast, but most of the time it doesn't matter at all what you pick

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180

Well it all depends on where you start and all that.

Before the final beta weekend I decided to go back through and play the same class just taking two paths,  I did this with the consular and the inquisitor.

Between the two I only noticed 1 real change on the start planets ( take into consideration I didn't get very far on the starter worlds)

One of them was the lovers quest on Tython.. you have a few choices for light and darkside choices in that quest.. with the main result ending in getting a special crystal and some darkside points if you went that way...

a similar quest was the Brain stealing quest on the inquisitor side,  where, if you choose to take some light side points you get extra credits to go along with them.

There were also some minor changes in dialog options as I went  Good: Male on one character and Evil:Female on the other of both classes.....   it did take a long time to get all classes leveled up,  and to be honest, since I was running the content back to back, it became somewhat tedious,   needless to say the test ended before I could find substantial results,  but what I did find was somewhat promising.

I recorded my playthrough on each of those characters,  but didn't have enough footage to really make it worthwhile to post.

• ButeoRegalisButeoRegalis Member UncommonPosts: 594

Since most of the decisions boil down to light side / dark side, can the folks who got that far spell out some difference that resulted from this?

E.g. does a SI of level Dark 3 get a menacing black aura boiling around him? Are there skills that only the light side can use?

Are the ony differences in some gear? Does this at least go beyond "only Dark side can use red force crystal to get a red light saber blade"? If there are items tied to a side, are they of significantly different utility, or is there a Dark 2 grenade launcher and a Light 2 grenade launcher, and the difference is +2 cunning and +2 Endurance, respectively, plus the Darklauncher has some cool red stripes?

• CromicaCromica Member UncommonPosts: 657

Originally posted by ButeoRegalis

Since most of the decisions boil down to light side / dark side, can the folks who got that far spell out some difference that resulted from this?

E.g. does a SI of level Dark 3 get a menacing black aura boiling around him?  I only got to Dark 2 and I only noticed my eyes change 

Are there skills that only the light side can use? Nope there are no special skills

Are the ony differences in some gear? There are light and dark side vendors but it all looked the same from what I saw

Does this at least go beyond "only Dark side can use red force crystal to get a red light saber blade"? If there are items tied to a side, are they of significantly different utility, or is there a Dark 2 grenade launcher and a Light 2 grenade launcher, and the difference is +2 cunning and +2 Endurance, respectively, plus the Darklauncher has some cool red stripes? This is pretty much all it is

• StintStint Member Posts: 8

I duoed BH's with a buddy. he went dark and I went light and we had around 10 quests where our quest objectives changed depending on our decisions,

one example was and old sick man that wanted us to go fix the poluted water where we ran into the polluter, i decided to be nice and believe the polluter and got sent to destroy the valves so the flow would always stay on, while my buddy said FU and was sent to clean up the mess. this ended up with my buddy cutting off some guys head and me telling the old man he was going to die from polluted drinking water.

• Cthulhu23Cthulhu23 Member Posts: 994

I do know that if you always click on the "flirt" option in your dialogue, you stand a pretty good chance of getting laid.  My Trooper got an optional quest called "R & R" which basically told me to take one of the quest givers I had been flirting with up on her offer to join her at her apartment for some wild monkey sex.  Not sure if I got much, if any experience out of it.  But the fade to black was epic.  :)

Originally posted by Cthulhu23

I do know that if you always click on the "flirt" option in your dialogue, you stand a pretty good chance of getting laid.  My Trooper got an optional quest called "R & R" which basically told me to take one of the quest givers I had been flirting with up on her offer to join her at her apartment for some wild monkey sex.  Not sure if I got much, if any experience out of it.  But the fade to black was epic.  :)

yeah. my agent was a slut. some of the after scenes where pretty funny and the funny thing was that my companion kaylia liked it when i hit flirt. go figure

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192

Awwww... You mean you don't roll around in your underwear like in DA:Origins? :)
  • ButeoRegalisButeoRegalis Member UncommonPosts: 594

Had the same with my (male) IA - I wonder what happens if I would have played a female IA. Anybody know?

@Cromica - thanks for the info, and bummer!! image Maybe there'll be patches that will add something distinctive.

• DOGMA1138DOGMA1138 Member UncommonPosts: 476

except for Dark / Light points which is still is unclear to me how much they will effect your char beyond limiting or enabling you to use certian items and gear. There was really no much diffrence in any chioce i've made with some char's i've played most choices were down to - the outcome is the same the way AKA the lines of text are diffrent.

The best example for this is in one of the earlyest moments of the emperial agent game play, some guy is bugging you about you owing him money, you can threathen him, lie to him, or flirt with him if you are female(maybe male too i didnt played a male agent yet) the result is the same, he leaves, there is no real impact from what option you choose. The Jedi cons/shadow story and the Trooper's story seemed to be just the same i've played them to higher levels so beyond ranking D/L points there was nothing that ever came back to me in a good way or biting my ass way because you've done somthing. The choices you make might affect what title you can take as your legacy but again since i havent played the same class twice in a diffrent way i cannot confirm that either.

This is my opinion based on the exprience i had playing 2 weekends, it might not be accurate but still it is the feeling i got from playing the game and if there are consiquences to your actions they are not designed in a very good way if you cannot feel them from level 1 to 24-25ish.

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

I played through a bunch of classes, and I really only noticed a few major changes. Most of the NPCs I tried to either save or kill were irrelevant, because I'd either never see them again anyway, or they'd still be there regardless of my choice.

The biggest change I noticed was in the Jedi Knight storyline, if you help the villain at the end, and decide to accept his 'gift', you can make a purple lightsaber. However, in beta this appeared to be bugged, and it switched back to green as soon as the cutscene ended (I hope this gets fixed, submitted a ticket).

There was also the kid you could choose to either 'rescue' or save on the BH / IA starting world. I believe if you choose the former he becomes a sith later. I'll have to pay more attention on release, and see if I've missed anything.

-Side note: Dark / Light points effect your appearance a bit (your eyes change color / facial scaring), and the equipment you can use. As has been said though, so far the equipment looks purely cosmetic. A red crystal will usually have identical stats to a yellow, or blue crystal. However, I tested this mostly w/ crafting recipies so boss drops could be a bit different.

• XerithXerith Member Posts: 970

Few I remember - excuse the fact that I cant remember the quest names for the life of me: 

--Possible Spoilers--

During the SIth Warrior quest, you meet an acolyte who was sent to gather the same quest items you were, but he failed to do so. He confronts you and asks you for yours where if you give them to him, you have to actually go back out and basically redo the quest, but you get a crapload of lightside points. Or you can tell him to shove off. 

Later in the Sith Warrior story line you get sent to kill this persons son, during it you get confronted by the mother who tells you to kill the father instead. You can either kill the monther/son, or kill the father then come back, bang the mother, and force Vette to watch. 

Theres one where you get sent by Baras to kill your current master, which you can choose to do or just cut off his hand and let him live. Eventually his daughter will confront you and you can either kill her or tell her hes alive based on the choice you made earlier, which results in her leaving. 

Originally posted by DOGMA1138

The best example for this is in one of the earlyest moments of the emperial agent game play, some guy is bugging you about you owing him money, you can threathen him, lie to him, or flirt with him if you are female(maybe male too i didnt played a male agent yet) the result is the same, he leaves, there is no real impact from what option you choose.

This is my opinion based on the exprience i had playing 2 weekends, it might not be accurate but still it is the feeling i got from playing the game and if there are consiquences to your actions they are not designed in a very good way if you cannot feel them from level 1 to 24-25ish.

First off I agree with the point in green.

That said, i find it interesting what you said about the agent quest. I played a male IA (to a lvl 25 sniper), and I'm 90% sure I know the quest you're talking about. As a male I was actually able to kill him, and indeed I did. I wasn't able to flirt w/ him though, only the ladies (which is odd, because I thought they said they added same-sex romance back in? All my characters were male, and I didn't get a single gay flirting option. I haven't tested this as a female yet, though)

Originally posted by aesperus

The best example for this is in one of the earlyest moments of the emperial agent game play, some guy is bugging you about you owing him money, you can threathen him, lie to him, or flirt with him if you are female(maybe male too i didnt played a male agent yet) the result is the same, he leaves, there is no real impact from what option you choose.

That said, i find it interesting what you said about the agent quest. I played a male IA (to a lvl 25 sniper), and I'm 90% sure I know the quest you're talking about. As a male I was actually able to kill him, and indeed I did. I wasn't able to flirt w/ him though, only the ladies (which is odd, because I thought they said they added same-sex romance back in? All my characters were male, and I didn't get a single gay flirting option. I haven't tested this as a female yet, though)

I guess the threat results in him being dead, since it's a level 2 quest i've only tried the flirt and Please options both were resulted in almost the same dialog. I dont belive they will change those quests when and if they implement same-sex romance in the game since most flirts do not results in bumping uglies, since i cannot recall any flirt which had a "yes take me now!" follow up, but i've used it only a handfull of times to see what happens. Most of them them turn into "prehaps another time" get out of jail card options.

I guess the threat results in him being dead, since it's a level 2 quest i've only tried the flirt and Please options both were resulted in almost the same dialog. I dont belive they will change those quests when and if they implement same-sex romance in the game since most flirts do not results in bumping uglies, since i cannot recall any flirt which had a "yes take me now!" follow up, but i've used it only a handfull of times to see what happens. Most of them them turn into "prehaps another time" get out of jail card options.

o no, my agent was a slut. was having sex failry often from flirting lol.

Dunno, I managed to hook up w/ the tribal leader in the Jedi Knight storyline quest (starter zone). But ya, bumping uglies w/ her didn't stop her from betraying me, and my master, which I felt kinda odd. Similar with the Revantie questline in which blatantly insulting the entire camp, religion, and initiation process didn't seem to stop them from recruiting me, or even questioning why i was there to begin w/.

• H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380

Why make a topic asking our opinion and then say that one opinion doesn't matter?

To be quite honest our answers in dialogue only mattered in one way and one way only and that's whether you got light or dark points.  The vast majority of the the time anything you say only effects the first sentence of their reply and then they go right into what they were going to say anyways.  It's not like they have several compltely different conversation paths fully VO'd.

Here's an example:  You come up to some dude with the ubiquitous quest mark over his head and start up a conversation.  He says to you "My daughter is in trouble and I need you to save her"

Your responses are "Why the hell do I care?" and "Certainly I'll help out a man in distress"

You pick "Why the hell do I care?" and he says "Well that's an awfully rude thing of you to say... she's in the lower basement, please go rescue her" and you get your quest.

You pick "Certainly I'll help out a man in distress" and he says "Well you're such a nice upstanding Jedi... she's in the lower basement, please go rescue her" and you get your quest.

One response gets you light points and a pat on your back from your companion, the other gets you dark points and a dissatisfied grunt from your companion... then it's on with the quest unless you pick the answer that says "refuse quest".

• Hopscotch73Hopscotch73 Member UncommonPosts: 971

except for Dark / Light points which is still is unclear to me how much they will effect your char beyond limiting or enabling you to use certian items and gear. There was really no much diffrence in any chioce i've made with some char's i've played most choices were down to - the outcome is the same the way AKA the lines of text are diffrent.

The best example for this is in one of the earlyest moments of the emperial agent game play, some guy is bugging you about you owing him money, you can threathen him, lie to him, or flirt with him if you are female(maybe male too i didnt played a male agent yet) the result is the same, he leaves, there is no real impact from what option you choose. The Jedi cons/shadow story and the Trooper's story seemed to be just the same i've played them to higher levels so beyond ranking D/L points there was nothing that ever came back to me in a good way or biting my ass way because you've done somthing. The choices you make might affect what title you can take as your legacy but again since i havent played the same class twice in a diffrent way i cannot confirm that either.

Really? *SPOILER*  

I played a female agent, and I killed him. He didn't get to leave that time.

It came up in conversations later too. Not a big difference, granted, but still a difference. 

Dunno, I managed to hook up w/ the tribal leader in the Jedi Knight storyline quest (starter zone). But ya, bumping uglies w/ her didn't stop her from betraying me, and my master, which I felt kinda odd. Similar with the Revantie questline in which blatantly insulting the entire camp, religion, and initiation process didn't seem to stop them from recruiting me, or even questioning why i was there to begin w/.

Well then you need to learn how to keep your partner satisfied! it's all in the fore-play... :)

That or the whole "choice" system is meaningless which might aswell be since alltough BW has allways made allot of promises they rarely had much merit to them in regards to choices. Mass Effect 2 had the biggest choice impact which could result in your main char dying, but as allways they pick the good ending as the cannon of the entire arc, which to a point makes the whole thing pointless imo.

• MMO.MaverickMMO.Maverick Member CommonPosts: 7,619

Originally posted by h0urg1ass

Why make a topic asking our opinion and then say that one opinion doesn't matter?

Because I'm not interested at all in what people didn't find or didn't notice, the OP is pretty clear, it is about what people DID discover in differing results or became aware of while choosing different options. It's exactly for this, to prevent the white noise of people commenting 'huh, I dinna find anythin'. So, if you did discover such stuff, then feel free to post it, if not, then don't post.

The ACTUAL size of MMORPG worlds: a comparison list between MMO's

The ease with which predictions are made on these forums:
    Fratman: "I'm saying Spring 2012 at the earliest [for TOR release]. Anyone still clinging to 2011 is deluding themself at this point."

Originally posted by MMO.Maverick

Originally posted by h0urg1ass

Because I'm not interested at all in what people didn't find or didn't notice, the OP is pretty clear, it is about what people DID discover in differing results or became aware of while choosing different options. It's exactly for this, to prevent the white noise of people commenting 'huh, I dinna find anythin'. So, if you did discover such stuff, then feel free to post it, if not, then don't post.

Well if you want a report of the all the details of every thing some one might have discovered maybe you should've started this thread in the spoiler section of the forums?

On a side not, a negative answer is just as important as a positive one...

• LoekiiLoekii Member Posts: 430

Originally posted by Stint

I duoed BH's with a buddy. he went dark and I went light and we had around 10 quests where our quest objectives changed depending on our decisions,

one example was and old sick man that wanted us to go fix the poluted water where we ran into the polluter, i decided to be nice and believe the polluter and got sent to destroy the valves so the flow would always stay on, while my buddy said FU and was sent to clean up the mess. this ended up with my buddy cutting off some guys head and me telling the old man he was going to die from polluted drinking water.

Did it open quest directions outside that quest line?   For example, did you later encounter the option for quests, that were different than what your friend would get offered -- or did it only affect the specific quest line (sort of like a closed system)?

From what I have read, it sounds like Light/Dark doesn't affect much outside the instance (or quest line in your example).   For example, it sounds like you can go Dark for 70% of the quests, and still be treated the same by the next quest giver/line as if you had gone 70% Light.   Is that not the case, and if so, can you give some more examples?

• artemisentr4artemisentr4 Member UncommonPosts: 1,431
    Well I never played the same class far enough to find out. But there are mail rewards you get. As a SI, I forced a NPC to save a slave he was torturing. And later on the home planet I received mail saying thanks with some credits. But I believe the big changes will come at the end of each act and the start of the next. Someone said the first act ends around level 30 or so. Not many would have played the same class that far.

“How many people long for that "past, simpler, and better world," I wonder, without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better, and not the world about them?”
    R.A.Salvatore

• DLangleyDLangley Member Posts: 1,407

Please respect other user opinion's even if they differ from your own. Do not make a personal attack on other user as well. Keep it civil.