Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Considering trying ddo and have a few questions

panachepanache Member UncommonPosts: 397
Hi I've been checking out ddo and it looks quite good....but have a few questions before I try it.
I'm a Brit, do I need to dl a European version?
I played Aion Age of Conan on default settings.......should I download the hi res version?
I've checked out quite a few YouTube vids......does you character ever sheath their weapon or are they always running around with it equipped?
Will it cater for a casual gamer?

Thanks in advance for any replies :)

Pan

Comments

• RokurgeptaRokurgepta Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,136

Originally posted by panache

Hi I've been checking out ddo and it looks quite good....but have a few questions before I try it. I'm a Brit, do I need to dl a European version? I played Aion Age of Conan on default settings.......should I download the hi res version? I've checked out quite a few YouTube vids......does you character ever sheath their weapon or are they always running around with it equipped? Will it cater for a casual gamer? Thanks in advance for any replies :)

DDO no longer has European servers. I would go hi res on DDO if you can run it. You can sheath your weapon with an in game command. DDO is built for casual gamers these days and plays quite well that way.

• allegriaallegria Member CommonPosts: 682

Hi I've been checking out ddo and it looks quite good....but have a few questions before I try it. I'm a Brit, do I need to dl a European version? I played Aion Age of Conan on default settings.......should I download the hi res version? I've checked out quite a few YouTube vids......does you character ever sheath their weapon or are they always running around with it equipped? Will it cater for a casual gamer? Thanks in advance for any replies :)

One of the cool features of DDO is the ability to do any dungeon ( quest ) at multiple difficulty levels. They are solo/normal/hard/elite/raid ( not sure on top 2, i forget  )

But i will tell you that i always solo on normal never casual. I duo with someone on Normal/Hard as well. That would tell me that the casual mode is super casual so there is certainly room for that.

Originally posted by allegria

One of the cool features of DDO is the ability to do any dungeon ( quest ) at multiple difficulty levels. They are solo/normal/hard/elite/raid ( not sure on top 2, i forget  )

But i will tell you that i always solo on normal never casual. I duo with someone on Normal/Hard as well. That would tell me that the casual mode is super casual so there is certainly room for that.

Elite is not available on all quests yet and Raid is only an option on raids.

• allegriaallegria Member CommonPosts: 682

Originally posted by Rokurgepta

Yes. thank you for the correction. Elite seems pretty common, raids certainly are not. Sorry if I mislead anyone there.

Originally posted by Rokurgepta

Yes. thank you for the correction. Elite seems pretty common, raids certainly are not. Sorry if I mislead anyone there.

I meant to say EPIC is not available on all quests. Elite is. Sorry for that mistake.