Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NeoCron is FREE TO PLAY!!!!

Model192Model192 Member UncommonPosts: 62

www.neocron.com

www.techhaven.org

"Free trial" it says, but it's actually free because of what's going on with the company and such. You just register and cancel right away and ta-da, free neocron.

Athletics

Bodyhealth

Pistols

Rifles

Melee

Swords

Camera/attack drones

Claws

Implants

Wastelands

Mutants

Power armors

No retinal doors

Your own apartment!

FULL HACKING AND MATRIX SYSTEM

CYBERPUNK BITCHES

BEST CYBERPUNK/POST APOC MMO EVER and the devs want it to be free!

Comments

• erickdeforeserickdefores Member Posts: 161

Well I tried to give this game a swing but when I hit the free trial button i get an emty box with nowere to enter my account info (this is the creating an account part)  Any Ideas what I am doing wrong?

• fatenabu1fatenabu1 Member Posts: 381

Sounds like you are cheating the company.

Is that wise?

I have no idea how I can be "cheating the company"  all I am attempting to do is play the free trial.  After hitting the "trail account button all I get is an empty box where I assume I would be entering my information.  If the free trail is no longer available I wont bother but was interested in trying this game.  For the life of me I cat figure out why I would be accused of cheating the company!

wasn't saying the free trial is cheating the company but tricking them into playing for free is as the first post recommends, or at least that is how it seems.

Nope,  To tell the truth I am bored as hell with Fantasy.  I tried EVE but didnt like it.  Been reluctant to download Ao as I still have bad feelings about how bad it was at launch so many years ago.  At this point I have downloaded neocron but when I try to create an account I get a large empty box.   oh well  I will keep looking.

i wish i could help you, if you get it working and it is really free, let me know i would be interested in playing a decent SCI FI MMO

• johnmatthaisjohnmatthais Member CommonPosts: 2,663

It's not cheating the company. They directly said themselves it's free for the time being.

I made an account by PayByCash and haven't made payments yet. Not even for a license. I'ma see if it works or not.

• johnmatthaisjohnmatthais Member CommonPosts: 2,663

No dice. Sorry guys.

• M4koM4ko Member Posts: 385

this IS best SciFI Cyberpunk MMO but its probably outdated by now ...

• hidden1hidden1 Member UncommonPosts: 1,244

Yeah this is a good mmorpg, and one of the earliest cypberpunk one at that... nice gear, good pvp, huge zoned areas, vehicles you can drive from atv to hover cycles... implants, close range and long range classes... as well as cyberpace computer hacking...

Oh yeah they can loot your corpse too... though if i remember, you can lock one of ur items from being stolen when your utility belt drops.  The community seems nice though as you don't hear ppl stealing from dropped belts often.

About a year ago I had to go to 7/11 and buy the ultimate game card to get this title... cost me like 32 Euros.  Then you can create a forum account and tie that account into your game account.

Did they make it a free downlaod yet?

I think the free to play aspect is that they don't charge monthly (not 100% sure though).

• sidfusidfu Member Posts: 170

u cant make a new account right now anyway since click2pay is screwed up anyway

• Wharg0ulWharg0ul Member Posts: 4,183

Man, I wish they'd update this game, get rid of the zones, and the old bugs, and re-release it.

Some of the best PVP, and most fun I ever had in a game.

It's a damn shame they decided to abandon it to create an EVE clone.

• M4koM4ko Member Posts: 385
    Originally posted by Wharg0ul

Man, I wish they'd update this game, get rid of the zones, and the old bugs, and re-release it.

I dont see black prophecy succeeding, nothing new in it.

• KarahandrasKarahandras Member UncommonPosts: 1,703
    Originally posted by fatenabu1

Is that wise?

reaktor got into financial trouble and lost the ability to use paypal and also made the decision to move all their resources over to black prophecy leaving nc2 unsupported.  Because of this they decided to make the game free, for now at least

Originally posted by Wharg0ul

think bp is closer to jumpgate than eve isn't it?

Originally posted by sidfu

u cant make a new account right now anyway since click2pay is screwed up anyway

some ppl have been using time cards to create accounts, not sure how myself though

• FusionFusion Member UncommonPosts: 1,398

I't made me really hurt inside that they decided to make a space-sim game...

I would've so hoped that they'd go back on the drawing board and make a new shooter MMO, because neocron was the greatest MMO experience i've ever had.. nothing has been able to wholly fill the empty hole left in me.

Currently im struggling to stay interested in darkfall, but fantasy just aint my thing.. the good ole times in Neorcon!

http://neocron-game.com/ - now totally F2P no cash-shops or micro transactions at all.

If you check out the nc2 forums they say they are going to be updating nc2 and maybe looking at an nc3 once black prophecy gets released

• batmanuel2batmanuel2 Member Posts: 19

tried starting an account but it wouldn't let me start a free 2play account. It said paypal is no longer an option. I'm from US so it's hard for me to pay for something overseas, specially when everything is calculated in pounds.

hopefully there is going to be an update where this is resolved

• maxebornmaxeborn Member Posts: 148

i always cancel the payment method straight away in trials that require my credit card so i don't get billed by mistake. getting the money back is usually painfull

• StrafingmirStrafingmir Member Posts: 24

Originally posted by Karahandras

Is that wise?

reaktor got into financial trouble and lost the ability to use paypal and also made the decision to move all their resources over to black prophecy leaving nc2 unsupported.  Because of this they decided to make the game free, for now at least

The fact that Reakktor can't manage their money properly is a good reason not to support them in this of Black Prophecy. There's tons of better business investigations into Click2pay, and it's been deemed illegal to have a click2shit account in the US several times but that's because of gambling Laws. I know people that have been charged for 3 years by Click2pay in the process of a week. My suggestion is to just leave Reakktor and their failure as a company alone. If you screw up so bad that Paypal wont do business with you, you're a bunch of idiots.

• sverhmashinasverhmashina Member Posts: 6

Originally posted by Strafingmir

Originally posted by Karahandras

Is that wise?

The fact that Reakktor can't manage their money properly is a good reason not to support them in this of Black Prophecy. There's tons of better business investigations into Click2pay, and it's been deemed illegal to have a click2shit account in the US several times but that's because of gambling Laws. I know people that have been charged for 3 years by Click2pay in the process of a week. My suggestion is to just leave Reakktor and their failure as a company alone. If you screw up so bad that Paypal wont do business with you, you're a bunch of idiots.

Brutal, but very true. At the end of the day, giving money to a company that lacks the ability to run itself in a profitable manner is just throwing your money away. The service will end at some point, and you would have spent all that time and money for a notice of server closure 

• mmoguy43mmoguy43 Member UncommonPosts: 2,770

Bleak answer: As long as you get the amount of entertainment out of it that you wanted in the 1-2 years then does it really matter? MMORPGs aren't exactly ment to stay up forever based on how others get their plug pulled. This MMO has already outlasted dozens of others and next will be the big SWG.

Supporting Black Prophecy isn't going to help Neocron, thats for sure. That money is going mostly to Gamigo. I wish I could just support Reakktor in making a NC3 but with them already hurtting financially (I'm guessing) I can't help them much and I doubt NC3 will ever happen. Not the NC3 that I want, anyway.

Want so more info on this? Check out The fan site