Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Clothing, Armour and Customisation

StowawayStowaway Member Posts: 165

How important is to you that your character is different to others.

To be able to customise not only their looks, but also to have a variety of options for clothing and/or armour.

Comments

• XatrosXatros Member Posts: 24

How important to be unique? For me, very. I recall reading somewhere that there was only going to be a set number of faces, hair styles, etc. While you can mix and match, it still brings a limitation. As far as character customization is concerned, I would much prefer a system similar to that running in SWG. Features of your character, such as eye angle and jaw size, are adjusted by slider bars rather than chosen from a static template. As a result, no two characters looked the same, and minor features could be changed to suit the character.

Another important facet from SWG that was very handy was Image Designers, who had the ability to customize all options originally selected for a character. Not happy with your ear size after playing? See an ID. In Fallen Earth, this could be easily implemented by genetic changes, much the same way as mutant powers. The mutation would simply change the person's ear size, or whatever other feature they wanted.

Clothing: Again, options are important. With the concept that this is a post-apocalyptic world, the clothing styles available will depend on the faction. CHOTAs will probably tend to wear gangster-style clothing, like the pirates in Mad Max. Enforcers will have more military-style clothes, and suchon for the other factions. I can't really say if wearing a specific style of clothing should be restricted to factions (Enforcers cant wear Lightbearer clothing), with a common pool for all factions (T-shirts for example). Colour choices should be available for each item, though some will be more limited than others.

Armor: Similar to clothing, this will depend on the faction. Again, colour choices should be available but somewhat limited given the post-apocalyptic setting.

-Xatros Ketosha

• CthulhuvongCthulhuvong Member UncommonPosts: 433

First off, I love the uniqueness allowed by SWG. Its amaizing. I know that we won't be having the same way for our character's looks. We will have multiple different options for our looks. The thing they should remember is more is always better. If they have the time, put in more options and choices. Add multiple colors for each choice. Eye color and shape, even though its so small, is a big thing. Small details, that may not seem like much, will make the difference.

As for clothing, many different types of items is best. Shirts, coats, jumpsuits, shorts, pants, hats, gloves, shoes, boots, glasses, masks, and otherthing. And remember, lots of colors!

As for armor, if you're going to have several levels (like light, med, heavy) then have multiple types that are of the same level. In SWG they now have 2 or 3 of each type (assault, recon, and something else). And don't forget, lots of colors!

The bottom line is that people want their character(s) to be unique to them, and not just be a clone of everyone else. Uniqueness and freedom are the best.

Waiting For: something good
    Games Tried: SWTOR, Star Trek Online, EQ, EQ2, Earth and Beyond, Planetside, Lineage 2, Eve Online, WoW, City of Heroes, City of Villians, Auto Assault, Fallen Earth
    Star Wars: Galaxies - Ibra Olasi (Valcyn Server) [Dead, screw you SOE]

• StowawayStowaway Member Posts: 165

I read somewhere there will be hundreds of clothes and stuff so ::::28::

• CthulhuvongCthulhuvong Member UncommonPosts: 433

*Does happy dance* ::::02::::::02::::::02::

Waiting For: something good
    Games Tried: SWTOR, Star Trek Online, EQ, EQ2, Earth and Beyond, Planetside, Lineage 2, Eve Online, WoW, City of Heroes, City of Villians, Auto Assault, Fallen Earth
    Star Wars: Galaxies - Ibra Olasi (Valcyn Server) [Dead, screw you SOE]