Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Skyrim Implementation stats+birthsigns in Patch (Pole)

tazarconantazarconan Member Posts: 1,013

Simply would u like the known  Morrorwind / Oblivion stats+birthsigns implemented along with the perks ,in future patch by Bethesda ?   (Perks system remains as it is) My opinion about Skyrim Birthsign system  is this.

Birthsigns: One of the reason Oblivion and Morrowind character development wa sso deep was the birthsigns system. Ok here what they did is hilarious. Not only they let u choose after the tutorial dungeon just 3 but they also scattered the rest into the whole world so u can change while u playing after a certain point if u happen to meet them. And they way they made them ,birthsigns were more meaningfull in Obliv+Morrowind. I recall every time i played my barbarian toon in Oblivion in every new game i had to choose over 6-7 intresting birthsigns that were sticking to my class, i played with Steed,warrior thief,Lady mark a life regen mark etc etc it was a dilemma what to take especially alongside with the attributes build i had in mind and also the skills. But hey here there are not attributes.Apart that ofc if u play a mellee fitgher or even an archery there is not even the slightiest dilemma on what to take its WARRIOR sign all the way since they had the clever idea to put also archery on warrior sign instead of theif.

P.S. The results of the poll i intend send to Bethesda's  mail ,head programer's mail  till i get a respond from them which i am going to announce here in this site when i recieve it.

Comments

• superslayasuperslaya Member UncommonPosts: 55

Dear Poster, you just created a poll without providing an option for people who disagree entirely with birth signs and attribute points.

Somehow I do not think Bethesda is going to take a poll, so poorly done, into consideraton when they organize their next multi-million dollar video game project: patch, expansion, or sequal.

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627

How about no levels, no skill points, no stats at all(atribute poitns that you the player can see) and have the option to choose a birthsign if you like?  I'd rather not see any numbers at all.  

• BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821

Where's the option for people who like the new system better? The new 3 Stat + Skill Perks allows for much more direct character development without loosing any of the depth we've come to expect from an Elder Scrolls game. It also allows for a lot more active combat whereas before the 25/50/75/100 perk unlocks were mostly non-active perks and most were barely noticable. Now when you spend a perk point the difference is very noticable. Also the 'being locked into a birthsign from character creation' sucked to be perfectly honest. The new system allows you to tailor your character to whatever skills you may be working on at that time.

I was very skeptical of the new system during development but now after actually trying it I never want to go back. It is a lot more streamlined while not loosing any of the depth the old system had. After all when you spent points on attributes before it was to indirectly affect your Health, Fatigue, Magicka and Skills. The new system just cuts out the middle man and allows you more direct control over your character's development.

Edit: Go to this post in this thread if you want to vote in an unbiased poll!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ CLICK HERE! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,882

I think Skyrim's system is superior to Oblivion's. Skyrim is one of the few games where after creating a character and starting to play, I can take any role I desire and be good at it.

Why should we change to the old and worse system where you had to know what you'll end up picking before you start playing the game or else your character will be gimped?

• MithrandolirMithrandolir Member UncommonPosts: 1,701

Originally posted by Brenelael

Where's the option for people who like the new system better? The new 3 Stat + Skill Perks allows for much more direct character development without loosing any of the depth we've come to expect from an Elder Scrolls game. It also allows for a lot more active combat whereas before the 25/50/75/100 perk unlocks were mostly non-active perks and most were barely noticable. Now when you spend a perk point the difference is very noticable. Also the 'being locked into a birthsign from character creation' sucked to be perfectly honest. The new system allows you to tailor your character to whatever skills you may be working on at that time.

I was very skeptical of the new system during development but now after actually trying it I never want to go back. It is a lot more streamlined while not loosing any of the depth the old system had. After all when you spent points on attributes before it was to indirectly affect your Health, Fatigue, Magicka and Skills. The new system just cuts out the middle man and allows you more direct control over your character's development.

Bren

^ I would like to add myself to your list please :)

I love it the way it is right now. I didn't think i would, but I do. I feel so much more direct control over my character. And I feel a freedom to focus on the things that matter most to me, exploration and adventure.

• select20select20 Member Posts: 130

Originally posted by Teala

How about no levels, no skill points, no stats at all(atribute poitns that you the player can see) and have the option to choose a birthsign if you like?  I'd rather not see any numbers at all.  

I personally wouldn't like that. I like the feeling of advancement and getting stronger. I don't want to stay a weak prisoner in the game the whole time. I do miss how deeo the character could be with all those stats and birth signs and stuff.

"Life is 10% of what happens to you and 90% of how you react to it."

• tazarconantazarconan Member Posts: 1,013

Bren

Without loosing any of the depth we ve to expect from TES? Dude are u serious? None denies that Attributes+birthsign system as it was removed is a huge let down for Skyrim.There are vast numbers of complaints from dissapointed ppl about this issue. I dont understand why every time u lvl we can t  have the ability to raise Strength ,agility,speed,willpower,Luck,Personality,Endurance,Intelligence and instead raise just 3 stam,life ,mana??? WHY?

the old birthsiugn system also had a meaning, according to the choise u made  it had an IMPACT to your character. Here Brithsigns apart u can choose at start only 3 they are crap!! Raising just thelvling speed of the assosiated skills? Are u serious? Go check out the old birthsign system to refresh your memory cause apparently eithe ru have gasps or u never played Oblivion or Morrorwind.See how it used to be. If u are a fun of shallow character development system or u think the simpliest the better its cool. Just not cool with the majority of ppl and all those who have demands and high standards on these things.

Originally posted by Mithrandolir

Bren

I love it the way it is right now. I didn't think i would, but I do. I feel so much more direct control over my character. And I feel a freedom to focus on the things that matter most to me, exploration and adventure.

None said that perk system is not good or it is not working. All i stated is there was no reason to remove all those stats and leave only stam life and mana. They could simply leave the stats as they were and just add the perk system. None understood why they did it. Its a huge mistake and i just hope that either Bethesda corrects it. or some genius guy with a mod implements it ( im afraid it would be very hard due to programming restrictions ,coding mechanisms i dont know)

Originally posted by tazarconan

Bren

Without loosing any of the depth we ve to expect from TES? Dude are u serious? None denies that Attributes+birthsign system as it was removed is a huge let down for Skyrim.There are vast numbers of complaints from dissapointed ppl about this issue. I dont understand why every time u lvl we can t  have the ability to raise Strength ,agility,speed,willpower,Luck,Personality,Endurance,Intelligence and instead raise just 3 stam,life ,mana??? WHY?

the old birthsiugn system also had a meaning, according to the choise u made  it had an IMPACT to your character. Here Brithsigns apart u can choose at start only 3 they are crap!! Raising just thelvling speed of the assosiated skills? Are u serious? Go check out the old birthsign system to refresh your memory cause apparently eithe ru have gasps or u never played Oblivion or Morrorwind.See how it used to be. If u are a fun of shallow character development system or u think the simpliest the better its cool. Just not cool with the majority of ppl and all those who have demands and high standards on these things.

You were just raising those 3 by adjusting all of those stats anyways or affecting your skills in some way. Now you adjust the 3 directly and effect your skills directly using perks. It's a much better system. I played Arena for over a year, Daggerfall for well over 2 years, Morrowind for at least 5 years and Oblivion for at least 4-5 as well. I've probably logged a damn sight more TES hours than you so don't act like your some kind of Elder Scrolls authority because you're not. A lot of people like the new system better. Just judging by this thread the fact that not one poster agrees with you should fill you in on your minority status on this point. Just because a vocal minority on a few forums are making some noise doesn't magically make them a majority. There is nothing shallow about the new system unless you are totally blind to change.

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

Bren

None said that perk system is not good or it is not working. All i stated is there was no reason to remove all those stats and leave only stam life and mana. They could simply leave the stats as they were and just add the perk system. None understood why they did it. Its a huge mistake and i just hope that either Bethesda corrects it. or some genius guy with a mod implements it ( im afraid it would be very hard due to programming restrictions ,coding mechanisms i dont know)

You keep talking like you represent the majority of gamers which you do not. You may not like it but by the rave reviews by both professionals and gamers alike I would say you are in a major minority here.

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

Bren

You were just raising those 3 by adjusting all of those stats anyways or affecting your skills in some way. Now you adjust the 3 directly and effect your skills directly using perks. It's a much better system. I played Arena for over a year, Daggerfall for well over 2 years, Morrowind for at least 5 years and Oblivion for at least 4-5 as well. I've probably logged a damn sight more TES hours than you so don't act like your some kind of Elder Scrolls authority because you're not. A lot of people like the new system better. Just judging by this thread the fact that not one poster agrees with you should fill you in on your minority status on this point. Just because a vocal minority on a few forums are making some noise doesn't magically make them a majority. There is nothing shallow about the new system unless you are totally blind to change.

Bren

Correction: You were desiding which 3 out of  the 8 available attributes u wanted to pick. In skyrim u can choose to raise stamina life and mana directly and these are not even attributes. Seems u dont evn know the basics for or at least know what basics principals are for rpg's in consoles . Which is exactly what Bethesda did in this case. I dont know if if is a better sytem as u suggest i know it s quite worst way more shallow than the case attributes existed  alongside with the perks than just the perks.Honestly i dont know what u cant understand here.

Do you suggest that having attributes along with perks system would not make a deeper character developing system than it is now?

Just dont expect ppl to be thankfull for making the well working character build system we all played with all these years in Daggerfall,Morrorwind and Oblivion into a character system similar to DIABLO series where u each time u lvl up u raise stam life and mana only, and picking some talents in a talent tree. Cause rpg's aint about that.thats wow or console shit things pretend to be role playign games.

Bren

You keep talking like you represent the majority of gamers which you do not. You may not like it but by the rave reviews by both professionals and gamers alike I would say you are in a major minority here.

Bren

Take a walk  in your google and u ll find that removing attributes from Skyrim was something many many ppl dint liked.

I just represent a casta of ppl that if u serve them shit on a plate to eat in their table ,they ll throw that  plate to your facealong with the shit.

And just for your info if the majority of gamers nowdays are a bunch of console like rpg funs i surely am not a part of it.

For the last time. The perk system is working and is welcomed in skyrim. NO FRIEKING REASON AT ALL TO REMOVE THE ATTRIBUTES.  Does this compute?

• Narcin1Narcin1 Member Posts: 145

I am going to cast in my vote with some of the previous posters...I hate this idea, I like this new system implemented in Skyrim. No numbers is great.  Perks, attributes, and skill points that are leveled as you play. Good enough for me, just saying. Leaves the game open-ended in terms of character developement. I don't really like the old system. Besides, why would they implement a patch that would completely change character mechanics? The game doesn't have a rating that I know of below 90%. This game is literally about as close to perfect as a game can get besides some bugs. Other than that, this game should stay the same. I will buy DLC as it comes out...and will probably play multiple characters after I max my first and can't play him anymore.

Also, Op...please, please, PLEASE...for the love of whatever god you choose, revise your posts so that others can read them clearly. I hate reading posts in broken English, especially when its from the original poster.

Argh

Bren

Bren

Take a walk  in your google and u ll find that removing attributes from Skyrim was something many many ppl dint liked.

As I said before a vocal few does not magically make a majority. Even if 100 or more people are complaining it's still less than 1% of 1% of the total people playing Skyrim. A VERY VOCAL MINORITY... Deal with it.

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• Narcin1Narcin1 Member Posts: 145

Originally posted by select20

I personally wouldn't like that. I like the feeling of advancement and getting stronger. I don't want to stay a weak prisoner in the game the whole time. I do miss how deeo the character could be with all those stats and birth signs and stuff.

What are you talking about? As you level up your perks you get beast. This whole "weak prisoner" stuff is garbage. I went from barely doing damage with a bow to one shotting creatures, then having my bow suck their souls into soul gems. Your argument is invalid.

Argh

• ghostinfinitghostinfinit Member UncommonPosts: 552

You know, if they did the same old thing with stats and birthsigns at release there would be a post complaining about that.  Why can't people be happy when devs try to take things in new directions?

Originally posted by ghostinfinit

You know, if they did the same old thing with stats and birthsigns at release there would be a post complaining about that.  Why can't people be happy when devs try to take things in new directions?

I know... People scream for innovation but when someone innovates people start screaming they liked it before. You can't please everyone but at least Bethesda seems to have pleased the vast majority with this change.

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• kakasakikakasaki Member UncommonPosts: 1,205

Can't vote as there is no option for "I like the new system as is"...  image

A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true...

• ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

All tho i agree 100% with you on this no numbers at all.

But Elder Scrolls series is about lvls and skills so lets keep that for another game ok:)

I want stats-birthsigns back..

Cons: Games is way to simple now.

But first fix damn bugs like CTD i hate that and give me more RAM for PC come on Bethesda where almost in 2012.

Fix the quest i can't finish now becouse there bugged.

More text to npcs, better A.I, better pathfinding. Give me companion ala 2011 that have some brains instead follow me like an idiot who can't say a word and keep looking at me if im her or his lover.

After 6 years no progression in AI and txt and most towns or citys npcs still are dumb and if they are waxmuseum characters.

Dragons are AWESOME but to weak they should be strongest mobs in the game.

Pros: World looks awesome. Dungeons are BEST. Exploring give me real adventure feeling and thats great. Free Open world and Freedom TOP.

Now work  and fix on the rest Bethesda thank you PLS. :)

Hope to build full AMD system RYZEN/VEGA/AM4!!!

MB:Asus V De Luxe z77
    CPU:Intell Icore7 3770k
    GPU: AMD Fury X(waiting for BIG VEGA 10 or 11 HBM2?(bit unclear now))
    MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
    PSU:Corsair AX1200i

For the last time. The perk system is working and is welcomed in skyrim. NO FRIEKING REASON AT ALL TO REMOVE THE ATTRIBUTES.  Does this compute?

For the last time... The Attribute system was a whole lot of numbers that over complicated the leveling process without a single benefit over the new system. The outcome is the same whether you have the Attributes or not. Maybe you like playing games with speadsheet math but the vast majority of gamers do not. They just want to have fun because that is what games are for... just so you know. Does that compute!?!

Edit: Oh, and the Perk System is a major part of the new leveling system. It makes up for not being able to affect skills with attribute points by letting you affect skills directly. You can't discuss one without the other as they work hand in hand. To bring back Attributes would mean they would have to trash the new Perk System to keep the game balanced. Otherwise you'd have level 10 characters that would be god like and unstoppable. The Attribute system has been around since D&D table top RPGs and is a dinosaur at this point. It's about time someone innovated and trashed it for a better system.

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

Now question is why company that is so succefull and big like bethesda still manage to release games that have so many bugs and only progress in graphics?

Well is simple they build up hype spent millions of houres on how to create a beautiful world with spectacular action show that in movies up untill game launch.

Its cleverly advertised millions bought the game and we all blindly fall for the EYECANDY they shown us over the years.

Money again that counts im affraid, if they would have spent also time on AI and leave no bugs in the game by better testing first, would prolly be in development for another 2 years im affraid or would have cost alot more. But now they sold in week so many copys, it already gave them half a billion dollars and they could have predict this with knowledge of how popular Oblivon was and even Morrowind and still even up to today mods are made for those games.

But no they want maximum profit so they did nothing with Atificial intelligents/pathfinding after 200 houres i realy dont see any progression in that field and bugs plus made game alot simpler so would not cost that much work on game.

As i said manytimes before its a great game and im still playing it but im serieusly starting to annoy me how unpolished this game is and lack of progression this game have after Oblivion.

Game world  isTOP, Dungeons are TOP and Dragons TOP(but should have been alot harder to fight them)

So after 200 houres of gameplay in mixed feeling here on one hand im enjoying game and and other hand im annoyed with short commings and bugs of this game.

I know mods prolly will solve alot but a game this big should have been released at least with alot less BUGS.

Hope to build full AMD system RYZEN/VEGA/AM4!!!

MB:Asus V De Luxe z77
    CPU:Intell Icore7 3770k
    GPU: AMD Fury X(waiting for BIG VEGA 10 or 11 HBM2?(bit unclear now))
    MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
    PSU:Corsair AX1200i

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937

I actually like the new system. It makes my choices have more meaning other than a +1 in some stat that has no immediate relevance.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238

OP, are you kidding me? The leveling systems in previous TES games were horrible! It was one of the things which made me dislike Morrowind and Oblivion, and I'm incredibly happy they've decided to go in another direction. The current system is just about perfect, IMO. Not too simple, not too complex.

Now, if they'd just get rid of levels, we'd be all set...

For the last time... The Attribute system was a whole lot of numbers that over complicated the leveling process without a single benefit over the new system. The outcome is the same whether you have the Attributes or not. Maybe you like playing games with speadsheet math but the vast majority of gamers do not. They just want to have fun because that is what games are for... just so you know. Does that compute!?!

Edit: Oh, and the Perk System is a major part of the new leveling system. It makes up for not being able to affect skills with attribute points by letting you affect skills directly. You can't discuss one without the other as they work hand in hand. To bring back Attributes would mean they would have to trash the new Perk System to keep the game balanced. Otherwise you'd have level 10 characters that would be god like and unstoppable. The Attribute system has been around since D&D table top RPGs and is a dinosaur at this point. It's about time someone innovated and trashed it for a better system.

Bren

So if every time u lvl, you choose 3 out of 8 attributes overcomplicate things? If the brain of adult gamers is getting confused by that maybe we should all start to worry . Are we talking about George Bush junior here?

But dont worry i understand your way of thinking after what u said about the attribute system and d&d table being replaced  by  talent trees.

Ah and by the way Dear Bren speaking about minorities...

8 ppl seems to agree with u in this post. From the poll votes ,9 ppl want the old stats +birthsigns back, 4 ppl want the stats back, and 3 the old birthsigns.

I ll try to simplify this for you since u dont like overcomplicated things.

13 ppl want stats back and another 11the old birthsigns. 9 ppl including u want it to remain as it is. Seems like YOU belong to the MINORITY here.

So if every time u lvl, you choose 3 out of 8 attributes overcomplicate things? If the brain of adult gamers is getting confused by that maybe we should all start to worry . Are we talking about George Bush junior here?

But dont worry i understand your way of thinking after what u said about the attribute system and d&d table being replaced  by  talent trees.

Ah and by the way Dear Bren speaking about minorities...

8 ppl seems to agree with u in this post. From the poll votes ,9 ppl want the old stats +birthsigns back, 4 ppl want the stats back, and 3 the old birthsigns.

I ll try to simplify this for you since u dont like overcomplicated things.

13 ppl want stats back and another 11the old birthsigns. 9 ppl including u want it to remain as it is. Seems like YOU belong to the MINORITY here.

No, because I and many others didn't vote in your biased one sided poll because you made no option for anyone who differed from your point of view. Your poll is totally bogus as it only represents one side of the argument with no option given for those who oppose you. For every poster who posted their like for new system there could be 10-100 that would have voted without posting. Your little poll is totally invalid.

Edit: Oh and how is choosing 3 out of 8 attibutes to raise more complex a system then choosing 1 out of 3 stats to raise and 1 out of 180+ perks to add again? I really don't see your logic as to which is more complex. 3 out of 8 is more complex than 1 out of 3 and 1 out of 180+? Your logic seems very flawed to me. image

Bren

PS: This is how you make an unbiased poll by the way.

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }