Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo 3 release date " early 2012"

Comments

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090

As expected, thus I'll continue to bank on my original guess of Feb 29th.  I could see Blizzard scooping that one up being a unique leap year date, similar to Bethesda with their 11.11.11 for Skyrim.

• JuggerzJuggerz Member UncommonPosts: 76

my hype level just dropped by a billion

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

Looks like more Torchlight 2 for all of us.

• lennpelllennpell Member UncommonPosts: 111

So depressing, I was hoping to play this game extensively during my Christmas break, but now I'm having second thoughts simply because by the time february comes I really won't give a fuck about games it'll be about school. GG blizzard lost a sale among many others.

• DyrttDyrtt Member Posts: 422

Lost a sale huh?  Now they won't make ANY money off this game! 

hahah

whatever.  me and millions of others will have it on pre-order and will pick it up the day it comes out. 

I'm pretty sure you'll buy it too.

• ArmaniDevilArmaniDevil Member Posts: 83

Gotta love fanboyism mixed with entry level marketing; spins yet another fuckup into something positive.

With that said, I'll still be buying.

• nickster29nickster29 Member Posts: 486

This is good.  The next few months are so packed with game releases that it is overwhelming.

This should also help out Runic Games, as people will be more apt to buy TL2 to fill in the 3-4 month gap until D3 comes out.  Me, i'll be buying both, but I am going to buy TL2 on the merit that I loved the first game, and excited to start modding TL2.

On another note... D3 Beta invite, need it, now, please, argh!  /checks email again.

• TalRashaTalRasha Member UncommonPosts: 827

Originally posted by nickster29

On another note... D3 Beta invite, need it, now, please, argh!  /checks email again.

Better check your battlenet account. The email arrives a day later.

• nschnsch Member Posts: 32

It seems will come out  in january  2012. not got an invite yet

• FadedbombFadedbomb Member Posts: 2,081

Path of Exile, albeit a PayToWin model game, is MORE of a sequel to the Diablo franchise than WoWablo III. They can keep pushing back the release date if they want, but they've taken Diablo III far off the Diablo franchise road into a realm only kids could enjoy :(.

Game looks bad, and their marketing decisions (Real World money auctions), Multiplayer ONLY DRM, and proverbial "Middle Finger" to the Diablo fanbase is simply absurd.

fyi: Pirates will have Diablo III cracked for SINGLE PLAYER use within a week of release. They did it for the Beta, and will most likely do it with EASE for launch. This Multiplayer DRM nonsense is only damaging the PAYING CUSTOMER, and not PIRATES.

The Theory of Conservative Conservation of Ignorant Stupidity:
    Having a different opinion must mean you're a troll.

• HexipoxHexipox Member UncommonPosts: 241

Originally posted by nsch

It seems will come out  in january  2012. not got an invite yet

What exactly makes it seems like it comes out in January 2012? or were you looking typing wrong and wanted to say "I hope it comes out in January..."

I have not seen any blue post that indicate January, and for early 2012 that can be 1st Jan - 30rd April...

Early year: Jan-April

Mid year: May-August

Late year: Sept-Dec

• select20select20 Member Posts: 130

I know I'll end up playing it at some point. But what was the original release date of this game? LIke back in 2008? So sick of waiting for it. I won't be there on release day, but I'll get around to it eventually after it comes out. Deffinetly not excited about it like I was a few years ago.

"Life is 10% of what happens to you and 90% of how you react to it."

• HexipoxHexipox Member UncommonPosts: 241

Originally posted by select20

I know I'll end up playing it at some point. But what was the original release date of this game? LIke back in 2008? So sick of waiting for it. I won't be there on release day, but I'll get around to it eventually after it comes out. Deffinetly not excited about it like I was a few years ago.

There has never been a release date. back in 2008 your mind played a trick on you. You not being excited about it is probably because you somehow created a release date in your own mind. Because there has never ever been one only "we will announce when we get closer to release" ..

• select20select20 Member Posts: 130

Originally posted by Hexipox

Originally posted by select20

There has never been a release date. back in 2008 your mind played a trick on you. You not being excited about it is probably because you somehow created a release date in your own mind. Because there has never ever been one only "we will announce when we get closer to release" ..

Okay yeah, there was no official release date, but back in 2008 was the first "expected to release" time frame for  the game Blizzard had posted.

"Life is 10% of what happens to you and 90% of how you react to it."

• nschnsch Member Posts: 32

Hmm  i just got this news from my friend who play wow .and  in many forms u can got this news too. Just want share this news with everyone who  decide to play diablo3  , can not promise  it will come out  in jan 2012%100.

• T.WrightT.Wright Member Posts: 9

I read a news about this infor saying it'll be out around Q2 2012.I post the source in my new thread earlier you guys can check out that... I dont know if it's true though. Seems to be kinda unclear since walmart and amazon has different date on the product release.

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

At this point do any of you really care? D3 is turning out like Duke Nukem.

• arnaki3000arnaki3000 Member UncommonPosts: 66

Do not trust retailers release dates they are placeholders.

It makes sense that bliz will announce a release date by christmas if they are planning on a Q1 release which i dont think is going to happen

• rpgalonrpgalon Member Posts: 430

TSW is going to launch in April 2012, so it can get dangerous for both with the competition...

anyway, next year is going to be amazing.

• William12William12 Member Posts: 680

This game is gonna fail so bad.   They're not beta testing anything past act 1 on normal in the so called beta anything past that is done by a group of internal testers.   Tell me how you can test all that needs to be done past level 13 without using outside beta testers and get it done right ?    You cant.

The developers screwed this one up and its sad because im a huge diablo fan still play diablo 2 every day.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by Khrymson
    As expected, thus I'll continue to bank on my original guess of Feb 29th.  I could see Blizzard scooping that one up being a unique leap year date, similar to Bethesda with their 11.11.11 for Skyrim.

That seems like a good date to me too. A couple months after and a couple months before any other major release.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• T.WrightT.Wright Member Posts: 9

Originally posted by arnaki3000

Do not trust retailers release dates they are placeholders.

It makes sense that bliz will announce a release date by christmas if they are planning on a Q1 release which i dont think is going to happen

I found it understandable ..thanks for the advise dude...lolz different place have different release date..it's kinda confusing

• zethcarnzethcarn Member UncommonPosts: 1,558

Originally posted by William12

This game is gonna fail so bad.   They're not beta testing anything past act 1 on normal in the so called beta anything past that is done by a group of internal testers.   Tell me how you can test all that needs to be done past level 13 without using outside beta testers and get it done right ?    You cant.

The developers screwed this one up and its sad because im a huge diablo fan still play diablo 2 every day.

1.  You don't know how many internal testers they have and for how long they have been testing it.

2.  It's an online only game, know what that means?  Patches.  They can release any number of patches to fix bugs that they somehow missed.  Would probably not even take an hour to download any given patch either.  

• DarLorkarDarLorkar Member UncommonPosts: 1,082

Originally posted by William12

Umm maybe they do not want the entire game out on the web before they release it?

it is for sure that if they open the whole game to beta testers it would take them less time than it take me to type this out to have videos and what not all over the net.

They have enough money to have 100's of computers set up and hire all the local help they could need to run it all in house so they can control everything. I am guessing of course, but i would do something like that if i had a game needing testers and the cash to make it work.

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

Was down the pub last night and bumped into Duke Nukem who told me the release date for this has been narrowed down to soon. I got so excited i'm sure i wee'd a little.

Same speculation and yet another year.