Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Most people have not even seen the new build

124»

Comments

• nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735

Originally posted by Fadedbomb

Originally posted by rdrpappy

I have, I also have the computer to "crank it up" and on my screen SWTOR looks as good or better than Age of Conan.

[Mod Edit]

I also know the build I play as a very seasoned beta tester is not the build that will go gold. So for those of you trying the graphics arguement, hate your computers because Bioware brought the graphics if you can run them. 

Sorry, hyperbole is how humans comunicate nowadays.

The "Graphics" as you loving call them for SWTOR, are NOT power hungry or needing. The game is so low key in terms of power requirements it's a joke honestly. My 6yr old gaming rigg that I haven't upgraded since I bought it runs the "NEW" build on the highest settings without issue. I continue to not be impressed, and the game continues to look & play like rubbish.

Please stop adding fluff hype to the game my friend.

-Faded

and yet the game probably has the best cloth simulation ive seen in a game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7eBXo09jcE

• solarinesolarine Member Posts: 1,203

Environmental detail in AOC is very good, I love the game for that, and Old Tarantia is one of my favorite MMO cities. But really, the AOC characters are nowhere near as emotive as those in SWTOR. Try it: go into close-up of your player character in AOC and stay there for a minute. It just looks bad. Do this with practically any MMO. 

- WOW is just, well... The animations in that game are phenomenally smooth and I do like the overall visual design, but the character detail and experessions are non-existant.

- LOTRO, beautiful environments, bad character models and faces. 

- Rift, again beautiful environments and atmospheric lighting, but I can't stand getting into close-up on my character. For a long time I thought it was a bug and even submitted tickets during beta. :)

- Aion's famously stunning character models sport pretty but not quite detailed or emotive faces.

SWTOR has sordid character creation options, but what you end up with looks better than any MMO in cinematics.

Of course the key word there is cinematics. :) There's this theory that Bioware botched up texture settings and choosing High textures loads Low quality textures and the characters for some reason don't load high quality textures outside of the cinematics... But, well, we'll see if there's any truth to that. Color me sceptical, if just a little bit hopeful still. :)

• KillyoxKillyox Member CommonPosts: 424

i have played AoC for a year in beta and some after release

I like SWTOR graphics more than AoC. Dont call me fanboy because i wont even buy SWTOR. However i like the richness and stylized graphics a lot more than void empty spaces of aoc. Sure aoc looked great in tortage... but outside of it? meeehhh.

More than any of the two above i like GW2 graphics.

I wouldnt mind mmo with withcer 2 graphics if i could get the pc to run it;p

PS

with Warhammer people were also naive o think mythic will release better graphics on release - all know what happened:>

• ZefireZefire Member Posts: 676

I have, I also have the computer to "crank it up" and on my screen SWTOR looks as good or better than Age of Conan.

[Mod Edit]

I also know the build I play as a very seasoned beta tester is not the build that will go gold. So for those of you trying the graphics arguement, hate your computers because Bioware brought the graphics if you can run them. 

Relax and act as an mmo player and not as fanboy.

Fanboism is for the weak and ignorant.

My system is 980x 580 sli latest drivers 12 gigs of ram ssd drive alienware optx 2310 plus 3d vision glasses

And the game's final beta built this weekend didn't change much at the grapgics section.

I was  able to rus at max + enable aa through the ini but aa helps only for the jaggies.

The textures of the inviroment at a close view were as low as a wii game.Only the character models were improved a little.

The final built will be the releasse built and everyone will know if the game has good graphics or not.

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

Originally posted by solarine

SWTOR has sordid character creation options

I agree!

Originally posted by Fadedbomb

[Mod Edit]

The "Graphics" as you loving call them for SWTOR, are NOT power hungry or needing. The game is so low key in terms of power requirements it's a joke honestly. My 6yr old gaming rigg that I haven't upgraded since I bought it runs the "NEW" build on the highest settings without issue. I continue to not be impressed, and the game continues to look & play like rubbish.

Please stop adding fluff hype to the game my friend.

-Faded

Ever thought your 6yrs old pc doesnt have the hardware to support new technologies? 6yrs old gpu wouldnt even have directx8 not to mention 9,10 or 11.

Not defending the game but pointing out that old hardware might not play all the grapic settings.

• nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735

No game will make everyone happy and people will complain no matter what. when guild wars 2 is close to release people will find somehing about that game to complain about and the fans will try defend it. it's a never ending cycle and a total waste of energy.

• hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,123

Originally posted by BarryManilow

Originally posted by dreamsofwar

Do people automatically assume the game doesn't have great graphics because of the cartoon style?

What about the details? If you look at the characters faces you'll see detail that is rare in any MMO. Certainly better than most, if not AoC, although admittedly its been a while since ive seen AoC's graphics.

We all know how great graphics doesn't always translate to a successful MMORPG.  Aion, FFXIV, AoC, and the list goes on has proven the fact it's not always about the graphics.  Gameplay, fun factor,  will always trump anything else.  Eye candy is gravy.

However, I do love the graphics of SWTOR.  I will play and enjoy the game not just because of graphics though.  It's the whole package.  

Yes the graphics in swtor are amazing, people still dont undestand that this is a MMO, anyone remember AION? the Opvp and the fortress with more than 100+ Players was just unplayable, there is a lot of vids around with people fighting ¨rednames¨. Same with AoC, and it will be the same thing with a game like Archeage. swtor is a huge game, where we will find lots of massive pvp battles, and we wont need a ¨nasa pc¨  to enjoy the experience. 

Fun thing about aion,

when it came out i had 9800gts and i though graphic was awesome, i rcently downloaded it on trial again since i got hd6850oc now and thought grahics were very mediocre... :) [Damn you witcher 2 for your imba graphics!]