Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Open-ended sand box mmo game

2»

Comments

• Sid_ViciousSid_Vicious Member RarePosts: 2,177

Originally posted by 77lolmac77

Darkfall was fun but I didnt like how everyone used a bloodwall. For the reference, the bloodwall is a line of clan mates that are sitting afk against a wall for other people in the clan to lvl up skills on. It works both ways as you level up defense-minded skills by being attacked. So in essence you have 90% of the population ( which isnt a lot of people to begin with) just sitting in their clan cities attacking afk people. Sieges were fun but most of the time its a very small clan declaring war on a large alliances city, then having the attackers show up to a force of 30+ highly skilled defenders who have been waiting for them for an hour. A lot of one sided matchups in this game but its as close to Skyrim MMO ive seen. Minus everything cool about skyrim, reallymjust the first person perspective

People don't use a bloodwall anymore really. You gain twice as much experience from hitting mobs than you do from hitting other people and there is now mediation which requires money along with daily quests in dungeons so people have better things to do than hit an AFK guy at a wall (which was always the most boring way to gain skill . .. but yeah it was so sad that right after release it was the fastest way outside of macroing).

Originally posted by joojoo1975

Darkfall - I don't like macroing or AFK swimming under the docks

I don't see that anymore either besides a couple guys macroing conversions during the X4 experience weekend. I almost wish that people still did that so that I would run into big scores of regs occasionally when finding them. Meditation is a lot faster than AFK swimming and you can keep it going at all times by only playing an hour a day. It sounds like its been awhile since you played. Any other reasons you didn't like it?

My recommendations:

Darkfall - this is the only game that can create an adrenaline rush and probably the most challenging.

Guildwars - well worth the money as I consider it the best instant-action MMORPG for PVP.

Mount and Blade - very realistic feeling although theres not much of an MMO to it.

Skyrim - just came out and its pretty fun although extremely buggy. Immersive.

Battlefield 3 - its cooool! They have classes and stuff. Probably the funnest FPS right now.

Warhammer - best free-trial out there right now if you want to play something for just a little while because it gets old fast.

Age of Conan - best graphics, art, and animations found in MMORPGs in my opinion.

League of Legends - best free PVP game.

Vanguard - currently best PVE because the classes are funner to play compared to other tab-target EQ/WOW-clones.

Transformice - best browser game lol

Die 2 Nite - best strategy/survival browser game

NEWS FLASH! "A bank was robbed the other day and a man opened fire on the customers being held hostage. One customer zig-zag sprinted until he found cover. When questioned later he explained that he was a hardcore gamer and knew just what to do!" Download my music for free! I release several albums per month as part of project "Thee Untitled" . .. some video game music remixes and cover songs done with instruments in there as well! http://theeuntitled.bandcamp.com/ Check out my roleplaying blog, collection of fictional short stories, and fantasy series... updated on a blog for now until I am finished! https://childrenfromtheheavensbelow.blogspot.com/ Watch me game on occasion or make music... https://www.twitch.tv/spoontheeuntitled and subscribe! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvqULn678VrF3OasgnbsyA

• helthroshelthros Member UncommonPosts: 1,449

Every time I see your posts it makes me consider playing, but I can't be bothered to do it. Each time I start playing, get to that chanting spell, realize leveling skills like that (and gathering the mats for it) will be such a majority of my game time, that it's not worth it.

Maybe if I look into some light macro program? I mean, the amount of different binds necessary to play and level everything up just screams carpal tunnel :

wtb a character lol