Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What would make you resub to this game? (Poll)

Comments

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317

too much stored up disappointment with this game. Would need a gun to my head to come back.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

I haven't played Aion in quite some time, I still like the game but haven't really had the desire, I'm normally an MMO player but in the past year or so I haven't played any of them other than logging on City of Heroes for 10 minutes after it went F2P, thank god I'm a premium player there.

I'd probably pick PvE server, there are times that I just don't want to PvP (being forced to), I usually play just to enjoy the time, not get ganked.

I don't think Aion going F2P is a good idea, there are some games that just shouldn't go F2P while some other games would be better as F2P. Besides it's still the second most populated MMO game behind WoW.

• aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167

i enjoyed my time in aion.

the scenery was gorgeous.

the visual customization of characters, while bordering on the absurd at times, was terrific.

the crafting seemed interesting.

i liked the option of useful non combat pets.

i just could not get hooked into the storyline, however.

i'm honestly not sure what exactly i stopped playing for, but i believe it was a combination of lack of class customization, combined with a propensity to have the same content, from what appeared, top to bottom tier. (in other words, little replayablitiy.) along with this the game seemed a it top heavy. that doesn't mean there weren't plenty of people in the lower zones, its just they all had one or more max'd out mains, they were heavily involved in their guild's higher lvl activities, which left one feeling a bit of a loner. even when in a guild.

while i like the idea of 'fresh start' pve servers, if the older population migrates there the server will simply be top heavy like the others in a matter of weeks. there really isn't a way around that either. remember the debacle that was the fresh start EQ1 progression server. it was hailed and highly anticipated by retired vets and newbs alike, but then it was filled with currently sub'd vets and it was over in less than 3 months IIRC.

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

• CognomanCognoman Member UncommonPosts: 75

I too enjoyed my time in Aion.  Started playing from CB till end of Feb  2010, rifting was a hoot.  Rifting was actually better at the start cause very few lvl 50's and twinks .  A lot of the early lvl 50's were caught botting to get to 50.  One legion was full of botters and gold sellers.  

But the grind got to a lot of players.   Now new players are at a huge disadvantage cause their gear will suck.  It takes too much kinah to +10 your gear.  

• pedrostrikpedrostrik Member UncommonPosts: 396

its the rng that makes me quit over and over, then i come back the RNG turns me off and i quit after 4 or 7 weeks, anyhow i have a L55 SM and a L50 semi-twink chanter

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001

I said "more meaningful pvp content. The idea of constnatly flipping keeps just doesn't work for me. I liked the Lineage 2 way where sieges were more like an event.  and there seemed to be a real reason to take one.

In Aion it feels a little more like warhammer. Not as bad but you flip the keep and then take off for the next time. There doesn't seem to be any pride in ownership.

Also, I dont' like how the keeps are set up. Even in Gelkamos they seem too "busy". I remember my first siege in Gelkamis where I couldn't figure out how to get "out". I then saw someone jump over this barrier/wall. It worked but I felt it was just awkward.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • NaxriusNaxrius Member Posts: 62

Didn't see the option, but I would come back if they removed all the asian BS from the game. Hoodies, dresses, cute animals etc.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001

Originally posted by Naxrius

Didn't see the option, but I would come back if they removed all the asian BS from the game. Hoodies, dresses, cute animals etc.

I've got to tell you, I like the art style of these games but absolutely HATE all the crap.

Hate it.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • NephaeriusNephaerius Member UncommonPosts: 1,671

For me they would have to rework the entire combat system to work for PvP.  No more losing control of your character in order to do skill animations that lock you in place.  Also this would fix aerial melee vs ranged pvp probs.  For a pvp game this game is a total waste due to these issues. (IMO)

Steam: Neph

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

Originally posted by Sovrath

I said "more meaningful pvp content. The idea of constnatly flipping keeps just doesn't work for me. I liked the Lineage 2 way where sieges were more like an event.  and there seemed to be a real reason to take one.

In Aion it feels a little more like warhammer. Not as bad but you flip the keep and then take off for the next time. There doesn't seem to be any pride in ownership.

Also, I dont' like how the keeps are set up. Even in Gelkamos they seem too "busy". I remember my first siege in Gelkamis where I couldn't figure out how to get "out". I then saw someone jump over this barrier/wall. It worked but I felt it was just awkward.

There is more PvP options then just the sieges I believe now Sov,and more to go in with 3.0

Not sure of the details though... I don't follow Aion that closely any more :/

Originally posted by Naxrius

Yeah, that stuff isn't everyone's taste thats for sure lol.

I don't mind it though tbh... I look at it a just another take on fantasy. No reason to lock it down as conventional medieval in every game I guess. I quite like the change of aesthetic 'vibe' from Western games now and again.

• JorielJoriel Member UncommonPosts: 177

I recently stoped playing Aion for bf3 and while outside of Aion and thinking about logging in for couple hours i realised something... theres no decent PVP content in the game... and therefore i never logged back in while my sub was still on.

Being a pvp player the endgame for me needs to have a very good pvp content because i tend to get tired of pve instances specially when you dont need any gear.

And what does Aion has?

CDDG? nope thats like 0~25% pvp only most of the times

World/Abyss pvp? well its not bad (in my case abyss it is since im a glad) but since its ffa fight (pretty much ganking) it becomes a bit pointless even more when you dont need the AP.

Sieges? well sometimes they are indeed fun but how many times they happen a month? couple times? at least it was in Perento since both factions were really balanced and both knew it was almost impossible to get a fort.

New crucible arenas? they're crap, specially the arena of chaos, most of ppl thought it was gona be a 5vs5 arena, that could be interesting indeed, but since your on your own u pretty much get piled by the other classes and in my case i still used to end in the top 3 n still didnt like it, cant imagine those who end up in the bottom. I find the Solitude arena a bit better. Both overall = meh

Conclusion:

imo the game needs better pvp content like Warfronts (as in RIFT or something else) or maybe like it will be in Guild Wars 2, where u need to conquer zones for resources n other stuff.

• JorielJoriel Member UncommonPosts: 177

Originally posted by Sukiyaki

World/Abyss PvP is not FFA and has never been.

Sry how do you define it than?

by ffa i meant that u go in solo/team (as u like) and theres no objective, its just pointless killing.

Originally posted by Hyp47

Originally posted by Sukiyaki

World/Abyss PvP is not FFA and has never been.

Sry how do you define it than?

by ffa i meant that u go in solo/team (as u like) and theres no objective, its just pointless killing.

FFA means everyone can kill everyone else I think, which Aion ofc course dosen't allow with it's hardcoded factions.

Maybe faction based open world PvP?

• PocahinhaPocahinha Member UncommonPosts: 550

Ill resub if they pay me 50 dollars each hour im online.

Originally posted by Pocahinha

Ill resub if they pay me 50 dollars each hour im online.

again, I will ask... though I suspect I know the real answer.

Did you buy the client?

If you did it obviously appealed before, so what could be changed to make it appeal again?

If you didn't, this thread isn't for you.

• popinjaypopinjay Member Posts: 6,539

Poll is incomplete.

Where's the "Not a chance again after I subbed for one year" choice?

Originally posted by popinjay

Poll is incomplete.

well, lets try to be constructive maybe and talk about what made you spend money on it, sub for a year, and eventually leave?

Your history with the game alone underlines that you liked quite a lot about it, at least at some point.

Originally posted by vesavius

Poll is incomplete.

well, lets try to be constructive maybe and talk about what made you spend money on it, sub for a year, and eventually leave?
    Your history with the game alone underlines that you liked quite a lot about it, at least at some point.

I thought that was helping you to make better polls in the future. You always need choices like "none of the above" and "No".

Didn't like the Miragent's grind. I thought the bloods needed to get the gear was incredibly stupid as far as drop rate, which any person could see was nothing more than a gating mechanism badly designed. I don't think gear that's necessary for endgame activities that are part of a QUESTLINE should be random, they should be able to be completed like any quest, not RNG.

I think the housing is a good addition, but the look of them make me think "suburbs", not fantasy game. The funny thing is, I was looking at houses in the Philippines and thought: "I'd rather live in the Philippine house. At least it has a carport for resale value."

imageimage

I actually liked the PvP weapons and gear and didn't think it was incredibly difficult to gear up early enough but after a certain amount of time with the + system, things became ugly fast. As long as you had enough money to attempt enchants, you could become a God. If you didn't, then you could buy some luck through the shop. Did not like that very much.

Is that still in there?

• PuremallacePuremallace Member Posts: 1,856

FREE TO PLAY - No matter what they do it does not change the fact it is NCSoft West and the game LITERALLY has no local dev team to fix content or adjust the content for an American audience. It is just a bunch of translators and QA team.

Aion is guaranteed going F2P when GW2 launches. Anyone who tell you differently has never played.

• VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159

If NCSoft succeeds at recovering my characters and thier stuff, from an account that appears to have been hacked months ago, while I was away.  I was going to try subbing again, but now, waiting on support to get back to me, and its not looking good...

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

• deniterdeniter Member RarePosts: 1,430

Originally posted by Nephaerius

For me they would have to rework the entire combat system to work for PvP.  No more losing control of your character in order to do skill animations that lock you in place.  Also this would fix aerial melee vs ranged pvp probs.  For a pvp game this game is a total waste due to these issues. (IMO)

Exactly the reasons I left Aion for good. Fix this and I'll be back for sure.

Poll is incomplete.

I thought that was helping you to make better polls in the future. You always need choices like "none of the above" and "No".

Nah,you really don't. Not when the question is specific, like the one asked. The OP clearly made it clear what was being asked and who is was being asked of.

Not participating is your way of saying 'no' here, but really... is there NOTHING they could do to bring you back, no matter how extreme? Say, for instance, a dramatic easing of most and removal of some RNG?

But, tbh, I don't wanna be bogged down with a quibble about whether you like the poll or not, so I will just say this and leave it. Your free to not participate if you find it so badly made, I don't mind :)

Poll is incomplete.

Didn't like the Miragent's grind. I thought the bloods needed to get the gear was incredibly stupid as far as drop rate, which any person could see was nothing more than a gating mechanism badly designed. I don't think gear that's necessary for endgame activities that are part of a QUESTLINE should be random, they should be able to be completed like any quest, not RNG.

OK, removal (or maybe easing?) of RNG from the aquisition of essential items would be your 'Other' then?

I think the housing is a good addition, but the look of them make me think "suburbs", not fantasy game.

Fair enough, you don't like the housing style they are going for, thats fair enough, but eeing as that isn't in the game yet I guess this wasn't a reason you left?

I actually liked the PvP weapons and gear and didn't think it was incredibly difficult to gear up early enough but after a certain amount of time with the + system, things became ugly fast. As long as you had enough money to attempt enchants, you could become a God. If you didn't, then you could buy some luck through the shop. Did not like that very much. Is that still in there?

The RNG for slotting etc you mean? I believe so, though I think they have eased off on the chance to fail somewhat.I don't play anymore myself so I am not sure.

But again, this would seem to be a RNG issue you have with the game?

OK, removal (or maybe easing?) of RNG from the aquisition of essential items would be your 'Other' then?

Fair enough, you don't like the housing style they are going for, thats fair enough, but eeing as that isn't in the game yet I guess this wasn't a reason you left?

The RNG for slotting etc you mean? I believe so, though I think they have eased off on the chance to fail somewhat.I don't play anymore myself so I am not sure.

But again, this would seem to be a RNG issue you have with the game?

Actually, one of the reasons I left was because there was no form of housing. As you said, it's not even n the game yet and after this amount of time, that's pretty scandalous given how many people were requesting it or some form of it. Too little, too late is the axiom I'm thinking of here.

Outside of the open world PvP which I liked and the Abyss fort challenges, the dungeons were simply too much to handle repetitively to handle. Dark Poeta ended up being one soggy mess after awhile and forget ever stepping in Theo again (although they did streamline it after awhile, but it was STILL Theo).

The other points I've stated as well which wouldn't get me to resub. Also, when I leave a game for as long as I've left Aion there rarely isn't any "coming back". The longer that I (and most players in general) leave a game they've played before, the chances are they won't return or stay for any length of time when they come back.

I doubt you'd find anyone who played a game for three months, then came back and decided to play it for six months. Usually the game has 'passed them by' as far as gear and stepping stone content and there is a huge disconnect between what the returnees want to do and what the existing playerbase wants to do.

I know for me I loved rifts in Rift but I would probably never go back as Trion is making the focus dungeons/raids and less on rifts. The populations are only interested in gear progression as the carrot so I doubt I'd find much fun. Same with Aion in that respect, people will be long past what I may find interesting because they are simply burned out on a particular mechanic or content.