Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ArcheAge Crafting. Is it a one Click "Craft All" like WoW and Rift? God i hope not!

kantseemekantseeme Member Posts: 709

Came across this crafting vid and got very worried for Arche Ages crafting. In the video it liks as if the guy just walks up to the maniquin, clicks a "create all" button and BAM! hes got his crafted piece of armor. i was really hoping that wouldent be a feature in this game. can anyone that has played this game in any of the CBTs conferm or deny this? Below is a link of the vid i saw.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RznJuFiH4xs&feature=related

Notice the casting bar after he appers to hit the "create all" tab?

Comments

• kantseemekantseeme Member Posts: 709

This seems to be the same crafting area. It doesent seem like he crafted anything though.

Looks like theres cooking in this game!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49_MkyztMJM

• popinjaypopinjay Member Posts: 6,539

Maybe one-click, but certainly looks as though there are a lot of steps to it perhaps.

If that's the case, that might not be so bad. Guess we'll have to wait and see though.. they still are a ways off yet.

• MarkJWMarkJW ColumnistMember Posts: 226

Just fyi, there's a lot of steps to crafting a finished item, mostly taking raw items and improving their quality or combining them. Each time you go up a quality level, you've got less mats. To make a boat I needed lots of logs to make lots of boards, etc. Raw had to be refined into ingots, and then bars. Each time I improved a mat, I had less to work with.

But yeah, during CBT3 all it was was "click this button if you have the right stuff in your inventory, and wait for the result". Not exactly interactive, but that's how Korean folk like to do it. Start crafting, go get something to drink & eat, come back and you're ready to play the game again.

Perhaps it's something they'll change for CBT4, perhaps it's something a Western publisher will have to request.

• GreymoorGreymoor Member UncommonPosts: 802

The upscaling in quality and having to build up different mats seems quiet interesting though, hopefully they'll add a more indepth one like mortal online with combining rare ores etc

• boojiboyboojiboy Member UncommonPosts: 1,553

Originally posted by Greymoor

The upscaling in quality and having to build up different mats seems quiet interesting though, hopefully they'll add a more indepth one like mortal online with combining rare ores etc

Hopefully it's involved and complex.  It would be great if ArcheAge ends up with crafting as good, or close to Vanguard's crafting.

• BenediktBenedikt Member UncommonPosts: 1,406

Originally posted by MarkJW

Just fyi, there's a lot of steps to crafting a finished item, mostly taking raw items and improving their quality or combining them. Each time you go up a quality level, you've got less mats. To make a boat I needed lots of logs to make lots of boards, etc. Raw had to be refined into ingots, and then bars. Each time I improved a mat, I had less to work with.

But yeah, during CBT3 all it was was "click this button if you have the right stuff in your inventory, and wait for the result". Not exactly interactive, but that's how Korean folk like to do it. Start crafting, go get something to drink & eat, come back and you're ready to play the game again.

Perhaps it's something they'll change for CBT4, perhaps it's something a Western publisher will have to request.

so you can increase quality of materials and it does gives you then better final item if you use better ql mats? nice

can you also e.g. use same recipe with different mats (e.g. sword from iron or from bronze) with different final stats?

well know more about the crafting in 4 days!! cbt4 is less then a week away. and for 80 day!! also theres no NDA over there for it so info should be flooding the internet. cant wait for all the new info.

• PsychoPigeonPsychoPigeon Member UncommonPosts: 565

No NDA? Looks like the devs are pretty confident in their game already..

Originally posted by PsychoPigeon

No NDA? Looks like the devs are pretty confident in their game already..

betacakes got an invite to the cbt4 and said once he gets in and start playing hes goin to be posting EVERYTHING about it. be on the lookout!

• DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333

Do raw mats / crafting ingredients have stats and properties to them or is it for example "a log" with no further specifics. If yes do different raw mats with different stats have influence in the stats / quality  of resulting crafted item ?

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

Originally posted by DarthRaiden

Do raw mats / crafting ingredients have stats and properties to them or is it for example "a log" with no further specifics. If yes do different raw mats with different stats have influence in the stats / quality  of resulting crafted item ?

i wish i had some kind of answer for you. but little is known about AAs crafting system. outside of the few vids iv seem theres nothing "telling" about it. and as far as i know, no real indepth news on crafting eather. just have to wait and see.