Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Needing a new MMO

blastoise22blastoise22 Member UncommonPosts: 10

This is probably my 1st thread in 4 years of actually being a member to mmorpg. Im looking for a new Sci-fi MMO. Im an impatient young 20 year old trying to spend time away from my interesting party-hard life and fine as hell girlfriend because Im a nerd a heart. Anyway I've been playing Anarchy Online for about as long as its been out. I occasionally drift off to another game but I always find myself back in Anarchy Online. Are there any other Sci-fi or Post modern MMO's like AO out there or am I doomed to deal with funcom forever?

Comments

• cetoceto Member UncommonPosts: 21

Hi there,

Star Wars: The Old Republic will be out on Dec 20, I played in this past beta weekend and I have to say that the game is very well done. Look up some video's on youtube to learn more about it. Thats the only Sci-Fi MMo i have ever played, my experience before Star wars has been all Fantasy themed.

Hope this helps.

• jerlot65jerlot65 Member UncommonPosts: 788

Originally posted by ceto

Hi there,

Star Wars: The Old Republic will be out on Dec 20, I played in this past beta weekend and I have to say that the game is very well done. Look up some video's on youtube to learn more about it. Thats the only Sci-Fi MMo i have ever played, my experience before Star wars has been all Fantasy themed.

Hope this helps.

Agreed ^^^^^^

• GeminiStaticGeminiStatic Member UncommonPosts: 182

Originally posted by blastoise22

This is probably my 1st thread in 4 years of actually being a member to mmorpg. Im looking for a new Sci-fi MMO. Im an impatient young 20 year old trying to spend time away from my interesting party-hard life and fine as hell girlfriend because Im a nerd a heart. Anyway I've been playing Anarchy Online for about as long as its been out. I occasionally drift off to another game but I always find myself back in Anarchy Online. Are there any other Sci-fi or Post modern MMO's like AO out there or am I doomed to deal with funcom forever?

Hell yeah kid! Do it! I'm on the same boat! 

Old School Gamer - http://www.rsclegacy.com/
  • KholeKhole Member CommonPosts: 136

Thanks I played the beta cause my friend recommended it and I liked it a bit. Im just looking for options.

Originally posted by Myrdynn

Translation- Fat kid in his mom's basement

had to be said

Do I really have to be a fat kid just because I have a great life? really?

Everyone knows that people with great lives who post on the internet are fat kids in their moms basement.

• blastoise22blastoise22 Member UncommonPosts: 10

Anyways. I only Beta'd SWTOR up to around lvl 11 on Coruscant. Is the higher lvl content any good or has anyone gotten that far?

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479

on a serious note, when SWTOR bores you (I give it 3 months for myself), I will go back to following DOMINUS

http://www.dominusthegame.com/

• Scooch25Scooch25 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 105

Global Agenda might be fun for you. It's free now too, so you don't lose much in trying it out.

• TweFojuTweFoju Member UncommonPosts: 1,235

on a serious note, when SWTOR bores you (I give it 3 months for myself), I will go back to following DOMINUS

not sure how this game can even last longer than SWTOR for most players

So What Now?

• LashleyLashley Member UncommonPosts: 587

Thanks I played the beta cause my friend recommended it and I liked it a bit. Im just looking for options.

had to be said

Coming from a guy called blastoise? ha ha ha

• ZalmonZalmon Member Posts: 319

I am pretty sure we didn't need that much information and would have still suggested you a MMO regardless.

If you are looking for Sci-FI or anything other than typical swords and boards MMO than yes chocie is very limited Anarchy online, Earth Rise, Fallen Earth or wait for SWTOR till 15th.

• ejendalsejendals Member Posts: 33

Originally posted by TweFoju

not sure how this game can even last longer than SWTOR for most players

SWOTR is just nothing in comparison with Dominus.

• Sid_ViciousSid_Vicious Member RarePosts: 2,177

Check out EVE online which is a sandbox game with a thriving economy along with pirates and stuff. Planetside 2 will be coming out soon.

NEWS FLASH! "A bank was robbed the other day and a man opened fire on the customers being held hostage. One customer zig-zag sprinted until he found cover. When questioned later he explained that he was a hardcore gamer and knew just what to do!" Download my music for free! I release several albums per month as part of project "Thee Untitled" . .. some video game music remixes and cover songs done with instruments in there as well! http://theeuntitled.bandcamp.com/ Check out my roleplaying blog, collection of fictional short stories, and fantasy series... updated on a blog for now until I am finished! https://childrenfromtheheavensbelow.blogspot.com/ Watch me game on occasion or make music... https://www.twitch.tv/spoontheeuntitled and subscribe! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvqULn678VrF3OasgnbsyA

Originally posted by Lashley

had to be said

Well blastoise was pretty bad ass to me when pokémon came out so i stuck with it.

As for Eve im playing the trial and it seems pretty advanced. something i could definitely get in to.

Global Agenda, I have played it and it was kinda sad. I was hoping for a little more.

Guess ill Play AO until SWTOR come out. Thanks guys

• LashleyLashley Member UncommonPosts: 587

had to be said

Well blastoise was pretty bad ass to me when pokémon came out so i stuck with it.

As for Eve im playing the trial and it seems pretty advanced. something i could definitely get in to.

Global Agenda, I have played it and it was kinda sad. I was hoping for a little more.

to be fair, blastoise is pretty epic

isn't charizard or mewtwo though....

had to be said

to be fair, blastoise is pretty epic

isn't charizard or mewtwo though....

Yup. Charizard, the  non-dragon who couldnt use fly but had huge wings