Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

5 days of server crashes. Yep, a roaring success!

TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619

Played at launch and left after three months, lots of bugs and the world was just not very alive for me.  Thought I would give it a go during F2P and see what has changed.  Sad fact is, in 3 days I have not been able to log on.  Been trying on and off for hours today.  I checked the official forums and see its been going down every day since F2P and NOT due to server load.  I sure would hate to be a part of their IT team during these last few days.  You know they are not getting much sleep.

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

Comments

• ArdwulfArdwulf Member UncommonPosts: 283

I'm new to the game; I've had my eye on it for a while and  was waiting for f2p to hit to try it out.  Between the f2p launch and now, I've been able to play for a total of about 5 hours; there have been a number of login and authemtication problems and some outright downtime.  It's annoying.

On the other hand, I like what I see of the game so far.

• quentin405quentin405 Member Posts: 468

Yea its for sure annoying.. I was really pissed at first because I subscribed the first day, because I was able to play just fine.. Then things went severely downhill..  A GM ingame chatting with us in a round about way said this is the most people in one game that Gamersfirst has ever dealt with, they are having to change and fix stuff, whatever you do to fix a server. 

But the activity of the GMS ingame and on forums and the fact that they bring down and fix servers round the click is very promising..  Im hoping things stabalize soon, I had forgotten how badass this game is :-)

• ArdwulfArdwulf Member UncommonPosts: 283

From the official word on the FE forums, they are busting their behinds to fix things.  I did manage to get in today, but I didn't have time to actually play.

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

Servers were up yesterday. But lot of server lag. Especially around Embry.

I really hope they are buying stronger servers.

• vinillavinilla Member UncommonPosts: 24

Originally posted by Lobotomist

Servers were up yesterday. But lot of server lag. Especially around Embry.

I really hope they are buying stronger servers.

Despite of crashes and the lag in the past few days the game seems stable today!
    And even with a little lag, this is a must  try game, because it's one of the few closest to sandbox, has great community and the best thing is the game atmoshere :)

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

Yep, things are definitely improving. Not that they could have gotten much worse, lol

There's a lot of tweaking going on behind the scenes by the FE Dev team. I doubt the game has ever had this many players, so if there are any problems in the netcode or database handling, now is when it will come to light. And it has. But at least it looks like they're getting a handle on things.

• xZeRGzxZeRGz Member Posts: 118

It will not allow me to un-subscribe. I can get all the way to the little pop-up window asking if you're sure, then it will not allow me to click the yes button.

I sent an email to support a few days ago, and have heard nothing other then the immediate canned reply email. If they do not manually unsub me by monday, tuesday I will contact my CC and have them do it from their end... along with a charge-back for my current subscription since I have not been able to log in to play it anyway.

The thing everyone needs to keep in mind, is that the original fallen earth people are no longer in charge. They were great, but I have heard some horror stories about  gamersfirst.

Time will tell...

• zellmerzellmer Member UncommonPosts: 442

Originally posted by xZeRGz

It will not allow me to un-subscribe. I can get all the way to the little pop-up window asking if you're sure, then it will not allow me to click the yes button.

I sent an email to support a few days ago, and have heard nothing other then the immediate canned reply email. If they do not manually unsub me by monday, tuesday I will contact my CC and have them do it from their end... along with a charge-back for my current subscription since I have not been able to log in to play it anyway.

The thing everyone needs to keep in mind, is that the original fallen earth people are no longer in charge. They were great, but I have heard some horror stories about  gamersfirst.

Time will tell...

The same people that are behind All Points Bulletin?  Dear god no, I was thinking about trying this game out, but I'm glad I browsed the forums and found out a reason to avoid it at ALL COSTS..