Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How should we feel about the new anouncment of 5 more instances? I feel they just stole my wallet..

Comments

• leojreimrocleojreimroc Member UncommonPosts: 371

Originally posted by Z3R01

Im confused.

I assumed the 5 instances were supposed to come out later.

I remember reading this back in september.

You buy the expansion and later you get the instances.

Is this wrong? are they double dipping people that paid for the xpac?

Someone explain it to me please.

No, the OP is spreading false info.  Those that payed for the expansions get the instances for free.  Simple as that.

• mikahrmikahr Member Posts: 1,066

Originally posted by starwarsnut

you know what is nice about tor i dont have 5 plus advertisements when i click on my tor desktop icon. I dont have a loading screen advertising to me buy stuff from a store for 2 minutes then it goes to my load in screen. Thats whatsnice about tor. Want to know more?

And theres obligatory box+15/month for tor, something that is not needed for LOTRO. You kinda forgot that small detail. Ah well.

When my bags are full i send my companion off to sell my stuff and they return with the money. In lotro i have to buy that from a store or ride all the way back to town and sell my crap. If i want to buy more vualt space i use in game money not turbine store points or i have to buy it from a store.

Yes, and you have to wait for minute twiddling your thumbs until your companion comes back. And i never have full bags in LOTRO so thats pretty moot point. And theres lots and lots of vault space that you can buy with gold in LOTRO, only 30/150 you need TP for. But lets pretend its not like that, since it kinda messes up your rant.

I dont have to insanely grind for scrolls or buy relics off the turbine store. Theres a in game vendor with decent mods and if i want better ones im getting them along the way with class quest/heroics that i dont have to do 100 times or more. And i dont have to buy a removal scroll to remove relics either i just drag them off the weapon/armor back into my bags.

Really? You think there will be no grind in SWTOR for best gear? And what exactly in LOTRO you need to do 100+ times to get anything? This is what i call delusional. You dont need store relics since ingame ones are BETTER. And they are pretty easy to get if you know what youre doing, but, ah well. I can pimp out my LI with best relics in about 12*15 minutes so 3 hours. OMG thats TERRIBLE,  i must buy relic removal now since 3 hours is TOO MUCH. And since you get LI that you want best relics in about once a year, well, you see the point. yawn.

if you think lotro and tor play the same then you have not played it all lmao. If you want to insult and say people are delusional well what do you call someone who constantly sys a game is great when everyone else says its not then claims lotro didnt lie about a new pvp map and ignores turbine themself admitting it and continues to go on about how great lotro is? thats  definition of insane doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result.

What they admitted? They clearly said PvMP map woll not make it in ROI 6 months BEFORE release. No promises were made ever. Ah, well.

Tor does not have crap loads of advertisements in your face tor doesnt load in with buy endenwaith quests or buy this now. Tor isnt desgining a game thats routing people to go grocery shopping in the turbine store.

No, you have to dish out 90 bucks in front and 15/month. Just the box for SWTOR will get you almost whole current LOTRO forever to play for free.

The only thing tor and lotro have in common is in tor bonus missions i.e kill 10 of this as a bonus mission is what lotro considers there main pve content.

Funny, since SWTOR also cosiders it main PvE content. Or do you consider "go to x and click on y" main SWTOR PvE content? Since LOTRO has boatloads of those also.

I really whish SWTOR was different but unfortunately only class stories are worth it, and they are only 10% of PvE content, rest is pretty much generic PvE quests with cutscenes in place of text (which i consider miss in SWTOR anyways since there are very few that are actually worth going through cutscene, BW took quantity over quality in this case and it shows).

• starwarsnutstarwarsnut Member UncommonPosts: 230

Originally posted by mikahr

you know what is nice about tor i dont have 5 plus advertisements when i click on my tor desktop icon. I dont have a loading screen advertising to me buy stuff from a store for 2 minutes then it goes to my load in screen. Thats whatsnice about tor. Want to know more?

And theres obligatory box+15/month for tor, something that is not needed for LOTRO. You kinda forgot that small detail. Ah well.

When my bags are full i send my companion off to sell my stuff and they return with the money. In lotro i have to buy that from a store or ride all the way back to town and sell my crap. If i want to buy more vualt space i use in game money not turbine store points or i have to buy it from a store.

Yes, and you have to wait for minute twiddling your thumbs until your companion comes back. And i never have full bags in LOTRO so thats pretty moot point. And theres lots and lots of vault space that you can buy with gold in LOTRO, only 30/150 you need TP for. But lets pretend its not like that, since it kinda messes up your rant.

I dont have to insanely grind for scrolls or buy relics off the turbine store. Theres a in game vendor with decent mods and if i want better ones im getting them along the way with class quest/heroics that i dont have to do 100 times or more. And i dont have to buy a removal scroll to remove relics either i just drag them off the weapon/armor back into my bags.

Really? You think there will be no grind in SWTOR for best gear? And what exactly in LOTRO you need to do 100+ times to get anything? This is what i call delusional. You dont need store relics since ingame ones are BETTER. And they are pretty easy to get if you know what youre doing, but, ah well. I can pimp out my LI with best relics in about 12*15 minutes so 3 hours. OMG thats TERRIBLE,  i must buy relic removal now since 3 hours is TOO MUCH. And since you get LI that you want best relics in about once a year, well, you see the point. yawn.

if you think lotro and tor play the same then you have not played it all lmao. If you want to insult and say people are delusional well what do you call someone who constantly sys a game is great when everyone else says its not then claims lotro didnt lie about a new pvp map and ignores turbine themself admitting it and continues to go on about how great lotro is? thats  definition of insane doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result.

What they admitted? They clearly said PvMP map woll not make it in ROI 6 months BEFORE release. No promises were made ever. Ah, well.

Tor does not have crap loads of advertisements in your face tor doesnt load in with buy endenwaith quests or buy this now. Tor isnt desgining a game thats routing people to go grocery shopping in the turbine store.

No, you have to dish out 90 bucks in front and 15/month. Just the box for SWTOR will get you almost whole current LOTRO forever to play for free.

The only thing tor and lotro have in common is in tor bonus missions i.e kill 10 of this as a bonus mission is what lotro considers there main pve content.

Funny, since SWTOR also cosiders it main PvE content. Or do you consider "go to x and click on y" main SWTOR PvE content? Since LOTRO has boatloads of those also.

I really whish SWTOR was different but unfortunately only class stories are worth it, and they are only 10% of PvE content, rest is pretty much generic PvE quests with cutscenes in place of text (which i consider miss in SWTOR anyways since there are very few that are actually worth going through cutscene, BW took quantity over quality in this case and it shows).

lmao im starting to think your a lotro devs kid hahah. You dont have to twiddle your thumbs while your companion sells your stuff you can do it anytime and anywhere and you have 5 companions can just pull out another one. Like i said you can buy your bagspace in game money not tp or real life money.

bonus missions are kill 10 of something (optional) not the main quests you do youve seen the game what a weekend? ive seen complete story lines 0-50 man months. Thats not how it is. The gear isnt a grind to get compared to lotro its a pleasant change. Ive been asking other lotro players that i know if they think this is a grind and they all tell me its enjoyable and compared to lotro they just lol and say lotro is a job to play. Thats why i like tor its not a job to play its a fun game.

I would rather pay 80 bucks and 15 bucks month for a good game more then i want to play a free pos game that has more advertisements then the superbowl. You get what you pay for when you compare the 2 lotro is a free pos game b/c they screwed up with lieftimes at launch. Turbine is very incompetent and stupid look at thier history compared to biowares look at asheron call d&d now lotro all huge failures gone f2p

look at biowares history mass effect dragon age kotor. Ill gladly pay more for a beter game anyday over a free pos game that the majority has left and is leaving.

Whats really nteresting is look at swtors threads on this site and then look at lotros threads lol. Its 50/50 on swtor threads on here and 99% negative and 1% positive look for yourself.

So its fine if you think tor is the same and all im going by the 43 kinships now and a large majority of creepside thats going to play it as well. Either way will see dec 15th

lmao im starting to think your a lotro devs kid hahah. You dont have to twiddle your thumbs while your companion sells your stuff you can do it anytime and anywhere and you have 5 companions can just pull out another one. Like i said you can buy your bagspace in game money not tp or real life money.

bonus missions are kill 10 of something (optional) not the main quests you do youve seen the game what a weekend? ive seen complete story lines 0-50 man months. Thats not how it is. The gear isnt a grind to get compared to lotro its a pleasant change. Ive been asking other lotro players that i know if they think this is a grind and they all tell me its enjoyable and compared to lotro they just lol and say lotro is a job to play. Thats why i like tor its not a job to play its a fun game.

I would rather pay 80 bucks and 15 bucks month for a good game more then i want to play a free pos game that has more advertisements then the superbowl. You get what you pay for when you compare the 2 lotro is a free pos game b/c they screwed up with lieftimes at launch. Turbine is very incompetent and stupid look at thier history compared to biowares look at asheron call d&d now lotro all huge failures gone f2p

look at biowares history mass effect dragon age kotor. Ill gladly pay more for a beter game anyday over a free pos game that the majority has left and is leaving.

Whats really nteresting is look at swtors threads on this site and then look at lotros threads lol. Its 50/50 on swtor threads on here and 99% negative and 1% positive look for yourself.

So its fine if you think tor is the same and all im going by the 43 kinships now and a large majority of creepside thats going to play it as well. Either way will see dec 15th

Oh boy, im startint to think you havent even played SWTOR at all.

Ah, live in your bubble, twill not last long anyway.

I already said, lmk when you find yourself running same operation for 100th time and do your 100th daily to get <insert random endgame grindy thingy> lol.

You will pay more for same game, too bad you dont realize that....yet. I know that bunch of people that managed to get to level 5-10 over the weekend claim its not a grind lol.

And again you are mentioning your imaginary friends. lol The kinships and players are moving! lol

Oh boy, im startint to think you havent even played SWTOR at all.

Ah, live in your bubble, twill not last long anyway.

I already said, lmk when you find yourself running same operation for 100th time and do your 100th daily to get lol.

You will pay more for same game, too bad you dont realize that....yet. I know that bunch of people that managed to get to level 5-10 over the weekend claim its not a grind lol.

And again you are mentioning your imaginary friends. lol The kinships and players are moving! lol

lets see if thats true on the 15. As for living in a bubble your the one who went on for 3 pages about proof that lotro didnt lie about a new pvmp map then shown proof by 3 people and even turbine directly lol and you ignore that truth yet im in the bubble eh? lol i dont see anyone else defending lotro or agreeing much with your view what i do see is the majority of posters saying the truth and you spinning it to do what get 2 others do a deed with or something lol. If it took anyone to get from 1-10 in weekend they werent in beta the majority of people i know from lotro hit 20-25 in the weekend.

Tor doesnt have a deed grind

tor doesnt have a LI weapon grind

tor doesnt have scroll/relic grind

tor doesnt have first age weapon grind

tors armor getting is mild compared to the LOTRO GRIND for armor

So your minus this list of grinding above in tor you just level your toon and along the way you get your relics and weapons and you can even mod armor hell lotro cant even do that  4 years in. They just crank out endless sets thats are a real GRIND to get.

Secondly theres not much operations going on atm people still hitting cap and as for dailies you want to discuss doing things a 100 times lotro wins that contest doing things 1000 times or more.

What you dont realize is lotros free b/c its a pos game thats going nowhere like dcuo rift aion etc. F2p is the result of poor accounting and selling lifetimes in lotros cases from the get go.Good games dont go f2p they do it to survive from stupid moves like lieng about pvp maps and relasing xpas that seem like updates.

Im loking for dec 15th -20th and year from now.  New in the lotro store permanent skirmish soldiers 24/7 that sell your trash for you and mine nodes for you lmao...sigh

lets see if thats true on the 15. As for living in a bubble your the one who went on for 3 pages about proof that lotro didnt lie about a new pvmp map then shown proof by 3 people and even turbine directly lol and you ignore that truth yet im in the bubble eh? lol i dont see anyone else defending lotro or agreeing much with your view what i do see is the majority of posters saying the truth and you spinning it to do what get 2 others do a deed with or something lol. If it took anyone to get from 1-10 in weekend they werent in beta the majority of people i know from lotro hit 20-25 in the weekend.

So your minus this list of grinding above in tor you just level your toon and along the way you get your relics and weapons and you can even mod armor hell lotro cant even do that  4 years in. They just crank out endless sets thats are a real GRIND to get.

Secondly theres not much operations going on atm people still hitting cap and as for dailies you want to discuss doing things a 100 times lotro wins that contest doing things 1000 times or more.

What you dont realize is lotros free b/c its a pos game thats going nowhere like dcuo rift aion etc. F2p is the result of poor accounting and selling lifetimes in lotros cases from the get go.Good games dont go f2p they do it to survive from stupid moves like lieng about pvp maps and relasing xpas that seem like updates.

Im loking for dec 15th -20th and year from now.  New in the lotro store permanent skirmish soldiers 24/7 that sell your trash for you and mine nodes for you lmao...sigh

Lol, you actually compared leveling with top endgame gear grind. ROFL

So, you dont know squat of TORs endgame grind, but that doesnt prevent you to claim it aint bad. Weeee

Come on, tell us all, how long does it take on average to get set of TOP gear in SWTOR, with boss loot tables and droprates included.

P.S. Lol, comapring getting 1 piece of lvl8 armor with getting top endgame gear, you crack me up, sorry lol

Oh, and F2P is result of  a) MoM b) them getting more players (more money) due to crap they did with MoM

• face30face30 Member UncommonPosts: 193

I understand they have have to make a buck, but this F2p mentality is what made me leave for sure. I really have no place to whine, I have a lifetime account, ROI was the end of me and even though I am a lifer, I uninstalled.  I honestly didn't think it would take so long to progress the story. I paid for my life account actually on the thought that the story would progress over 2-3 years to the end. F2P =drag the story forever and for me never getting to "re-live" the books I fellin in love with. Oh well, guess I got more than my worth, for what I've paid. A sad goodbye to LOTRO.

• Redline65Redline65 Member Posts: 486

As a lifer there's no reason to leave, really. Use the 6,000 points per year they give you to buy the expansion content, raids, instances. No need to spend money on the game ever again, just keep playing till they shut the servers down. That's what I plan on doing.

Lol, you actually compared leveling with top endgame gear grind. ROFL

So, you dont know squat of TORs endgame grind, but that doesnt prevent you to claim it aint bad. Weeee

Come on, tell us all, how long does it take on average to get set of TOP gear in SWTOR, with boss loot tables and droprates included.

P.S. Lol, comapring getting 1 piece of lvl8 armor with getting top endgame gear, you crack me up, sorry lol

Oh, and F2P is result of  a) MoM b) them getting more players (more money) due to crap they did with MoM

lv8 armor? ive seen the gear grind from 0-50 First off your getting gear along the way secondly your trying to make tor about end game gear its not like lotro where you constanly having new gear sets that most of the time arent much better depending on class

This just goes to show you how little you know about tor there isnt really drops like your thinking your class quest lines gives you mod armor and weapons and pvp gear is the best end game gear anyways. You know you need to seriously do research or at least even google when you try to argue you didnt even know about the pvp map lie in lotro or how the gear is in tor. You just assume its like lotro and its nothing like lotro at all.

So lets look at it here

Lotro gear grind end game raids doing skirmishes/raids 1000 of times (thats assuming the chest doesnt bug on you) everyone rolling on pieces (making you have to do the raids more) you cant mod armor in lotro or do crap to it except dye it

Tor gear getting (I say getting b/c theres no real grind) your getting gear along the way from quest lines/heroics mod pieces to i might add.

pvp gear you can get pvp gear along the way all the way up to lvl cap then if you want better pvp gear warzone gear is quite good tbh) you just fight in ilum doing "pvp".

so along the way your getting gear some are moddable (in lotro terms you can put legendary scrolls/relics=mods on armor pieces)

Theres no real need or benefit to do raids or heroics a 1000 times over. The only reason i could think of if any is maybe money but you get decent money along the way so

as for loot table your not fighting over pieces of items ill say

I know for sure %100 the loot chest wont bug in tor like it still does in lotro 4 years in and the gm says just do the raid again.

f2p has little to do with mom it has to do with the amount of people buying lifetimes and lotros accounting screw ups

So like i said rather pvp and have fun along the way getting gear and if  i want better gear over the decent gear ill have at cap i can go get it in a fun matter and i dont have to worry about bugged chests and such this is what your not getting about tor

Lotro 4 years running still doesnt get that they cant even make the gear moddable yet or that you can put scrolls on it its all about doing skirmishes/raids millions of times for nothing.

lv8 armor? ive seen the gear grind from 0-50 First off your getting gear along the way secondly your trying to make tor about end game gear its not like lotro where you constanly having new gear sets that most of the time arent much better depending on class

This just goes to show you how little you know about tor there isnt really drops like your thinking your class quest lines gives you mod armor and weapons and pvp gear is the best end game gear anyways. You know you need to seriously do research or at least even google when you try to argue you didnt even know about the pvp map lie in lotro or how the gear is in tor. You just assume its like lotro and its nothing like lotro at all.

So lets look at it here

Lotro gear grind end game raids doing skirmishes/raids 1000 of times (thats assuming the chest doesnt bug on you) everyone rolling on pieces (making you have to do the raids more) you cant mod armor in lotro or do crap to it except dye it

Tor gear getting (I say getting b/c theres no real grind) your getting gear along the way from quest lines/heroics mod pieces to i might add.

pvp gear you can get pvp gear along the way all the way up to lvl cap then if you want better pvp gear warzone gear is quite good tbh) you just fight in ilum doing "pvp".

so along the way your getting gear some are moddable (in lotro terms you can put legendary scrolls/relics=mods on armor pieces)

Theres no real need or benefit to do raids or heroics a 1000 times over. The only reason i could think of if any is maybe money but you get decent money along the way so

I know for sure %100 the loot chest wont bug in tor like it still does in lotro 4 years in and the gm says just do the raid again.

f2p has little to do with mom it has to do with the amount of people buying lifetimes and lotros accounting screw ups

So like i said rather pvp and have fun along the way getting gear and if  i want better gear over the decent gear ill have at cap i can go get it in a fun matter and i dont have to worry about bugged chests and such this is what your not getting about tor

Lotro 4 years running still doesnt get that they cant even make the gear moddable yet or that you can put scrolls on it its all about doing skirmishes/raids millions of times for nothing.

You are not serious any more. In what MMO you dont get gear along the way? And what does that gear that you get along the way has to do with top endgame gear?

Unbelievable really lol, you really really crack me up. Guess what? I got decent gear in LOTRO "along the way" also ROFL. And if i wanted better i did it in a fun way also. Same as in SWTOR.

Man, do you even know a difference between quested and top endgame gear?

And theres no need for gear in LOTRO to be moddable because LOTRO has COSMETIC TABS, which is much better solution. In fact, having mods will make you grind MORE in SWTOR since you will be hunting specific mods and since there are 4 slots multiply gear grind in LOTRO x4 for SWTOR lol. You were saying something about grind lol?

I call it a quits lol, yes, enjoy the gear "you get along the way" lol, hopefully it will work for you in endgame, oh noes, you will do it in "fun" way which consist of grinding PvP or PvE hundreds of times lol.

So lets look at it here

You are not serious any more. In what MMO you dont get gear along the way? And what does that gear that you get along the way has to do with top endgame gear?

I call it a quits lol, yes, enjoy the gear "you get along the way" lol, hopefully it will work for you in endgame, oh noes, you will do it in "fun" way which consist of grinding PvP or PvE hundreds of times lol.

Unbelievable really lol, you really really crack me up. Guess what? I got decent gear in LOTRO "along the way" also ROFL. And if i wanted better i did it in a fun way also. Same as in SWTOR.

Man, do you even know a difference between quested and top endgame gear?

apparently you dont. You see theres thing galled mod gear you get from doing class line story your able to use it all the way to lvl cap as most mod gear has no lvl's on it. So you werent wearing the same gear in lotro to cap b/c it had a lvl cap and mods on it.

So to recap for the assuming people once again.

Tor 0-50 class quest mod gear I.E gear with no lvl gear is based on mods put into gear along the way

Lotro has no moddable gear <-- you have to constantly upgrade get new gear in 5 lvls or so on the way

pvp gear your getting pvp gear along the way to if you want it poeces range from lvl 10-50 and are moddable

end game is not about gear b/c your getting the whole time on the way. They offer lvl 50 gear that is slightly better if you want it.

You didnt do it in a fun way b/c ive done it the last 4 years in that pos game its doing pve raids 100 times and you convenientely leave out the chest bugging on occasiion on top of it. Tor has a way better gear system and its based on fun not how many times you do a raid.

So answer me this?

are u able to wear the same armor set from 0-75?

are u able to put mods into your gear from 0-75?

are u able to have mod gear at all with no lvl on it and your armor based on mods you put into it?

You can get pvp gear along the way and xp while leveling you cant do that in lotro no farming delving of fror crap for armor in tor

Do i really need to say more here tor is not lotro you can try to make the arguement its a grind and alll this buts that the facts  right there.

• PukeBucketPukeBucket Member Posts: 867

Originally posted by leojreimroc

Originally posted by Z3R01

Im confused.

I assumed the 5 instances were supposed to come out later.

I remember reading this back in september.

You buy the expansion and later you get the instances.

Is this wrong? are they double dipping people that paid for the xpac?

Someone explain it to me please.

No, the OP is spreading false info.  Those that payed for the expansions get the instances for free.  Simple as that.

Just to reiterate.

I used to play MMOs like you, but then I took an arrow to the knee.

• Reion1Reion1 Member UncommonPosts: 178

Oh man, I really can't wait for this game to come out... and fail terribly. All these star wars fans are making me dizzy with all their TOR will save the MMO genre rant when someone is discussing other games in forums that are completely unrelated. I give TOR less than three months before people start ranting about how guild wars 2 will be the next gem to hit the selves in a TOR forum....

"Everything the light touches is our kingdom" -- Mufasa
    ---

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903

Unfortunately, a "technical limitation" prevented anyone from being able to buy the expansion for turbine points.  Even though you were able to get instances that released later in another instance.

They nickle and dime people that use points, and so if you bought the expansion a la carte on release you have to spend more points in December if you want the new instances.

• Rusty715Rusty715 Member Posts: 482

Originally posted by Reion1

Oh man, I really can't wait for this game to come out... and fail terribly. All these star wars fans are making me dizzy with all their TOR will save the MMO genre rant when someone is discussing other games in forums that are completely unrelated. I give TOR less than three months before people start ranting about how guild wars 2 will be the next gem to hit the selves in a TOR forum....

You know, I have never hoped for a game to fail in my life but the assinine TOR fanbois deserve just such a thing to happen. Its unbelievable how supposesdly grown men and women can get sucked into the hype of a any video game to the point they turn into raving lunatics.  I hope the game is so buggy its unplayable for the entire first month. Its unlikely but it is the time of year that Christmas wishes sometimes do come true. 

Really? This game sucks and Im not having fun? Im going to unsub right now. Thanks for the tip.

Originally posted by Rusty715

Originally posted by Reion1

You know, I have never hoped for a game to fail in my life but the assinine TOR fanbois deserve just such a thing to happen. Its unbelievable how supposesdly grown men and women can get sucked into the hype of a any video game to the point they turn into raving lunatics.  I hope the game is so buggy its unplayable for the entire first month. Its unlikely but it is the time of year that Christmas wishes sometimes do come true. 

Well i would agree with most of that except for the fact that a large amount of lotro players have been in tor quite some time and ive seen maybe 3-4 people tops cancel pre-order.Its not buggy or glitchy from what ive seen over the last year or so. Funny thing is when they took the builds down the 2 weeks the next build was more works done to it then all of lotros xpac's combined lol. So i dont see that happening hell there were people hit cap and were surprised how much content thier was and bioware is known for cranking out content even a new planet to be added a month after launch as well.  People have been discussing gw2 already it looks great to the thing is i dont hear to much talk about lotro its all about gw2/swtor release not hey lotro this or lotro that and when they do its about how bad it is now lol. You know what is glitchy? loot chest in lotro its ok though as the gm told me just do the raid again? what if the chest bugs again? "this ticket has been closed"........

btw i didnt bring u tor in this thread but ill gladly discuss it

• caremuchlesscaremuchless Member Posts: 603

omg whats up with this thread lol

walls of text galore!

and since you guys brought up SWTOR, can I bring up GW2? Please? :P

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Originally posted by Timukas

Originally posted by caremuchless

omg whats up with this thread lol

walls of text galore!

and since you guys brought up SWTOR, can I bring up GW2? Please? :P

Go ahead. Lotro has become too shallow to talk much about.

In a troll topic like this? No. OP is troll post, and look at second post.

Have a good day.

• avalon1000avalon1000 Member UncommonPosts: 791

LOTRO is in fail mode. Sad to say, but true. The sharks are at the door (SWToR and GW2) and Turbine is not going to be able to save the day. The client is too big and clumsy.. Log in times are way too long, the client crashes way too much now, and the content is stale (and don't even get me started on the horrible deeding process). I have trouble with large groups and terrrible lag (never a problem in Rift). We should be further along in the story, but Turbine and WB are greedy and want to milk this IP to death. Sad to say when the players march into Mordor there won't be enough to defeat Sauron's minions...if the game still exists...

Originally posted by avalon1000

LOTRO is in fail mode. Sad to say, but true. The sharks are at the door (SWToR and GW2) and Turbine is not going to be able to save the day. The client is too big and clumsy.. Log in times are way too long, the client crashes way too much now, and the content is stale (and don't even get me started on the horrible deeding process). I have trouble with large groups and terrrible lag (never a problem in Rift). We should be further along in the story, but Turbine and WB are greedy and want to milk this IP to death. Sad to say when the players march into Mordor there won't be enough to defeat Sauron's minions...if the game still exists...

Have you played this game since 2007?  You dont like doing deeds? Ok. If your PC wont run LOTRO your going to have a hard time with either of the two new, so called, wonder games on the horizon.  

Really? This game sucks and Im not having fun? Im going to unsub right now. Thanks for the tip.

• TorlukTorluk Member Posts: 162

I couldn't care less about the 5 instances.  

I logged into my lifetime account after ROI was released, spent some of the free turbine points on the new expansion, completed 4 quests, logged out and uninstalled. 

Whenever I hear Turbine or LotRO mentioned now it is invariably followed by a mental image of Bill Hicks exclaiming 'Repeat after me: P-o-S!'.  

they just moved the date up to compete with tor pre order early access people. Then they announced "battle in the ettenmoors" come watch a gm get owned for 1 minute then log off but hey did u see those new creep skins that will lag you b/c youll have to load your new skin. Be sure to "buy now" those new creep skins!! ok gm thanks for the 1 minute event it was fun watching you explode and leave.................sigh

They moved the date up to compete with the preorder early access people? I guess its possible. After all, EA already has the preorder money so im not sure why the TOR dheerleaders are so upset by what any other MMO does. Im starting to think some of the more rabbid  fanbois arnt as confident in TOR as they pretend. I know, I know, its uber awesome in all aspect.....unless its not.

• kastakasta Member Posts: 512

I play LOTRO, or I did.  I recently cancelled my sub and switched to SWTOR.  Prior to that I had bought ROI and enjoyed it.  The instances won't bring me back but I'll be back when I grow tired of SWTOR.  I enjoy LOTRO but I've been playing it for a couple years now and want to do something different for a while.