Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ArcheAge CBT4 teaser

paterahpaterah Member UncommonPosts: 578

No idea what's going on but I want to find out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSwPvG4HlL4&feature=feedu

Comments

• JayFiveAliveJayFiveAlive Member UncommonPosts: 601

I agree with everything you said.

^_^

• k11keeperk11keeper Member UncommonPosts: 1,048

Yes when you find out, be sure to let the rest of us know.

• XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607

Looks like a bunch of pirates are gunna gank some noobs and ninja their niffty glowing oversized sword.

• JuulpowerJuulpower Member Posts: 65

Quite obvious, as CBT4 introduces the 3th big continent: the northern continent, which is meant for PvP.

In this video you see people from one of the other continents discovering it and they start gathering resources immediatly... but then they get attacked :-)

• 8BitAvatar8BitAvatar Member Posts: 196

Looks like someone claimed a spot for their house first.

Game looks pretty big too.

• PsychoPigeonPsychoPigeon Member UncommonPosts: 565

This is THE GREATEST mmorpg EVER MADE EVER.

• GreymoorGreymoor Member UncommonPosts: 802

I'd speculate the item he planted into the floor is the way somone claims territory! And maybe the pirates came to fight them for it?? Eaither way looks frikken awesome, - Note; never build your city in an area where people are going to mass glide over your walls!!

• XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607

Originally posted by Greymoor

I'd speculate the item he planted into the floor is the way somone claims territory! And maybe the pirates came to fight them for it?? Eaither way looks frikken awesome, - Note; never build your city in an area where people are going to mass glide over your walls!!

I will make sure to take this into account when picking a spot for my guilds city.

• YuuiYuui Member UncommonPosts: 723

Originally posted by Greymoor

^
    this is true.

The sword thing is bassically a territory claim animation. The guild who came her claimed the land and started building stuff there.

As we all know its possible to do business in that world. In fact one guild in CBT3 spent entire cbt building up a place, planting trees and selling wood to the player base, making money that way, for example.

The "pirates" are players aligned into "criminal" faction because of their actions and they most likely came her to do what they do - steal stuff, pillage stuff, etc.

# A GRIM, ODD, ARCANE SKY
    # ANY GOD, I MARK SACRED
    # A MASKED CRY ADORING
    # A DREAMY, SICK DRAGON

• AtanosAtanos Member Posts: 20

Small boats! now i can RP  "the old man and the sea"!

• Daimyo21Daimyo21 Member Posts: 66

I believe this video is displaying the land-conquering feature on the third continent and on islands near it.  When you conquer land in ArcheAge, you can build your castle/city on the alloted plot of land however you choose.  Your only restriction is the amount of land given for that particular capture point. 

Basically you conquer a plot of land, and you can design the ultimate fortress however you want or a basic city layout (maybe with little defense) to have more room for civilians and not military defenses.  The player is the developer and not vice versa.