Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

level me up?!

Tnk0072Tnk0072 Member UncommonPosts: 98

alright so the reason i havent been playing this game is that i cant even get to the quest giver, and the fact that everyone is saying gm level me up... Does anyone know if gm's are leveling people up? orrrr what? idk its not that i wont play the game ever i will maybe at like 2am haha but i was wondering if anyone knew what was up with the gm level me up please stuff?

Comments

• YuuiYuui Member UncommonPosts: 723

Originally posted by tnk0072
    alright so the reason i havent been playing this game is that i cant even get to the quest giver, and the fact that everyone is saying gm level me up... Does anyone know if gm's are leveling people up? orrrr what? idk its not that i wont play the game ever i will maybe at like 2am haha but i was wondering if anyone knew what was up with the gm level me up please stuff?

there are no gms in the starter areas.

its juts a bunch of easy-to-fool-people believing the trolls and spamming away.

# A GRIM, ODD, ARCANE SKY
    # ANY GOD, I MARK SACRED
    # A MASKED CRY ADORING
    # A DREAMY, SICK DRAGON

• itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999

someone got the idea to make everyone's life a living hell and spam "gm please level me" RIGHT by the guy that all level1 characters need to interact with.

i'ma leave this alone for the night because it's sooooooooo crowded it's like a slideshow.  tommorrow maybe they'll have opened another server, or at least the crowd might have dispersed a bit.  I guess in a way it's good because it means people are pouring back to the game.

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• teakboisteakbois Member Posts: 2,154

Its still going on.  Hundreds of people crowded around the quest giver saying lvl up please.  I cant fathom how anyone could possibly think a quest giver is a GM.  Also not sure Im ready to play on a server where NA players appear to be the minority.  I might check out the old server to see if thats any better

• VeldekarVeldekar Member Posts: 220

The gullability of people on the internet never ceases to amuse me...

• megera23megera23 Member UncommonPosts: 239

To get hold of the NPC ------> /target Pantheon and then use the attack skill to interact with him. And turn down the graphics, will help immensely with the slideshow. :)

• teakboisteakbois Member Posts: 2,154

Originally posted by megera23

To get hold of the NPC ------> /target Pantheon and then use the attack skill to interact with him. And turn down the graphics, will help immensely with the slideshow. :)

but will he lvl up plz me?  What a lousy GM

• megera23megera23 Member UncommonPosts: 239

Originally posted by teakbois

Originally posted by megera23

but will he lvl up plz me?  What a lousy GM

You can always try to send him a PM and ask him nicely. Who knows, it may work. :P

• NozdormuNozdormu Member UncommonPosts: 14

alt-p will switch you to low res mode which makes dealing with high population areas 100x easier.

• DnomsedDnomsed Member UncommonPosts: 261

Kinda makes me scratch my head wondering why they got rid of the starting villages with GoD?  I played L2 at launch and thought the starting areas were really cool, especially loved the Orc village with it's massive totem in the town, sooo cool.

Warhammer fanatic since '85.

Originally posted by Dnomsed
    Kinda makes me scratch my head wondering why they got rid of the starting villages with GoD?  I played L2 at launch and thought the starting areas were really cool, especially loved the Orc village with it's massive totem in the town, sooo cool.

The problem with separate starting villages is that as time goes, they become SERIOUSLY under-populated. The one starter village for all ensures a bigger population ammount there. Of course right NOW its TOO BIG (because ncsoft most likely did not expect THAT MANY players coming to the game or they could have had more servers).

but in the long term for this game, one village makes more sense for terms of player interaction and group play.

Not to mention that the whole end of the world event with Shilien is mentioned in the L1 lore and they have to somehow explain on why somehow suddenly all the races start in one village in L1 instead of being separated and unfriendly in L2.

# ANY GOD, I MARK SACRED
    # A MASKED CRY ADORING
    # A DREAMY, SICK DRAGON

• nickster29nickster29 Member Posts: 486

Its still going on.  Hundreds of people crowded around the quest giver saying lvl up please.  I cant fathom how anyone could possibly think a quest giver is a GM.  Also not sure Im ready to play on a server where NA players appear to be the minority.  I might check out the old server to see if thats any better

Yeah, your telling me....

95% of the population seems to be speaking something other than English.  Even saw some people looking for a greek guild...

Do the European servers really suck that bad?

Originally posted by nickster29

To get you to understand how ridiculously obvious the question answer is:

"Do Uwe Boll movies suck that bad?"

the company running European servers is...well...take all the F2P mmorpg companies you know, add in some Activision and put Lord British at the helm of it all and you will have a thing about equal to Innova.

Then there are geographical problems with Russian-speaking population crowding the English-speaking European innova servers.

There's a reason why AION community had such a big rage-fit thread when some of european countries found themselves listed under "innova" publisher instead of ncsoft(like rest of europe). Innova and the general population of the native players there have...certain reputation.

Also, majority of "foreign" talk is non-European. Majority of European players I encountered(being European myself) since GoD launch in the NCSOFT servers were capable of speaking English.

What I saw of foreign language users were mostly Turkish, philipinese and various new-zealand-ish mandarin languages.

# ANY GOD, I MARK SACRED
    # A MASKED CRY ADORING
    # A DREAMY, SICK DRAGON

• nickster29nickster29 Member Posts: 486

Wow, sorry to hear that the European servers suck so bad.  Just figured I would ask since I saw quite a few Greek / German / French guilds forming, and generally I know people from those countries generally play on European servers.

Ah well, I am gonna give it a few days to settle down.  I just finished my first class transfer and ported to Gludio... yeah, its is absolutely insane at the moment.

• WSIMikeWSIMike Member Posts: 5,564

Not to mention that the whole end of the world event with Shilien is mentioned in the L1 lore and they have to somehow explain on why somehow suddenly all the races start in one village in L1 instead of being separated and unfriendly in L2.

You know what... I never thought of it from that angle.

Very, very interesting point and a clever way to introduce continuity into the game.

I guess that means that at some point, they have to add the remaining, what... 85 floors on to ToI?

"If you just step away for a sec you will clearly see all the pot holes in the road,
    and the cash shop selling asphalt..."
    - Mimzel on F2P/Cash Shops

• nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735

who's bright idea was it to start all players in the one town, they had loads of racial starting areas and if they used them it would be alot less laggy.

• UhwopUhwop Member UncommonPosts: 1,791

95% of the population seems to be speaking something other than English.  Even saw some people looking for a greek guild...

L2 has always had a suprisingly large Greek playerbase.  The old NA server I played on probably had more Greek players then NA players.  Chat was always full of Greek.

• Kuro1nKuro1n Member UncommonPosts: 775

Stop spreading lies, if you play on magmeld or shilen server w/e you are still on NCWest thats where the spam was... I was on Innova servers yestarday when it started OBT and theres was noone saying such also there was almost only english in shout. Get a clue.

NC is known to have terrible reputation and Innova might not have the best but GMs were on and helping people even on the OBT Innova servers, i tried asking them questions and it took up to 10 minutes but everyone of them answered. And they were spawning quest mobs where there was lacking to help people with getting through the bottlenecks.

Originally posted by WSIMike

Very, very interesting point and a clever way to introduce continuity into the game.
    I guess that means that at some point, they have to add the remaining, what... 85 floors on to ToI?

Considering Tower of insolence is place that gets destroyed and rebuilt regularly, I would not be surprised if in some L2 update it would get "destroyed" and replaced with bigger version. Would certainly be a good way of adding additional content :)

When I think about it, its absurdly easy to just say "Shilien crashed the placed and magically built this new one" or "oh look there are 85 more floors below it we never noticed and the tower just magically rose above now".

Frankly, quite a lot people have been expecting something like that at GoD launch.

Of course there are around ~150 years of time to go through, so its absurdly easy to explain the absence of many things,as well as just add them and show how they got to the way they are in L1.

# ANY GOD, I MARK SACRED
    # A MASKED CRY ADORING
    # A DREAMY, SICK DRAGON

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

....Your question here is as bad as asking a GM to level you up...

Look, the EU server was full so EU players rolled on whatever else they were offered. Nothing to do with 'sucking'.

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

Originally posted by Kuro1n

Stop spreading lies, if you play on magmeld or shilen server w/e you are still on NCWest thats where the spam was... I was on Innova servers yestarday when it started OBT and theres was noone saying such also there was almost only english in shout. Get a clue.

NC is known to have terrible reputation and Innova might not have the best but GMs were on and helping people even on the OBT Innova servers, i tried asking them questions and it took up to 10 minutes but everyone of them answered. And they were spawning quest mobs where there was lacking to help people with getting through the bottlenecks.

I am DLing the Innova client now... hows it looking pop wise?

• WSIMikeWSIMike Member Posts: 5,564

Originally posted by Yuui

Originally posted by WSIMike

Considering Tower of insolence is place that gets destroyed and rebuilt regularly, I would not be surprised if in some L2 update it would get "destroyed" and replaced with bigger version. Would certainly be a good way of adding additional content :)

When I think about it, its absurdly easy to just say "Shilien crashed the placed and magically built this new one" or "oh look there are 85 more floors below it we never noticed and the tower just magically rose above now".

Frankly, quite a lot people have been expecting something like that at GoD launch.

Of course there are around ~150 years of time to go through, so its absurdly easy to explain the absence of many things,as well as just add them and show how they got to the way they are in L1.

Would be interesting to see how that's resolved, to be sure.

"If you just step away for a sec you will clearly see all the pot holes in the road,
    and the cash shop selling asphalt..."
    - Mimzel on F2P/Cash Shops

i can understand how people fall for it, lineage 2 is a game where people name their characters "fuckyou" so go figure.

Originally posted by vesavius

90% russian, have fun.

• Kuro1nKuro1n Member UncommonPosts: 775

Originally posted by vesavius

For a PTS its way to overcrowded at least yestarday... we tried pvping outside TI with 1-2 parties but got overrun by masses of randoms and everything just flooded us. Considering Innova has been doing so little noise im amazed to see the amount of players and I cant wait the see the launch the 7th Dec. : )