Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I wish there was a Minecraft MMO

GeminiStaticGeminiStatic Member UncommonPosts: 182

I really love the idea of Minecraft! I know there's multiplayer servers with PvP and everything but it would be AWESOME to have a entire MMO based on it. How do you guys feel about Minecraft and if there an MMO close enough to that style and please don't tell me N8. :/

Old School Gamer - http://www.rsclegacy.com/

Comments

• Gabby-airGabby-air Member UncommonPosts: 3,440

I don't really see why it needs to be a MMO to be quite honest, if you want terraforming as a feature in a game thats one thing but wanting a MMO based off Minecraft doesn't make much sense to me. Perhaps expand on how the gameplay and community would work?

• blackhawk432blackhawk432 Member UncommonPosts: 138

Wurm Online, check it out.

• MetentsoMetentso Member UncommonPosts: 1,437

It would be great yes. Closest thing is a RPG multiplayer server, it's called Heroes, I think.. you can apply to play there, they have classes and all.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

yeah find an RPG server running heroes, they are all different as you can do waht the hell you want with the heroes RPG mod.

I have the heroes mod running on my test server and its quite fun, lots of different spells and skills available and the server host can also make new spells and skills.

Find a 100 man server running that and you basically have a small mmorpg..

If you want there are other MMORPGs out there similar to Minecraft.

The first being Wurn online, the guy behind Minecraft actually helped started up Wurm online from what i heave read so they are very similar... Both are Java based games but Wurn online takes a lot longer to do anything..

The next one is Xyson you can rise and lower land and build whatever you want, just population is quite low at the moment.

• GeminiStaticGeminiStatic Member UncommonPosts: 182

You know  that's my only problem. I'm also a huge fan of PvP I know  WURM lacks a good combat system in that respect.

Old School Gamer - http://www.rsclegacy.com/