Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New to EQ2....

LashleyLashley Member UncommonPosts: 587

1. Anyone I can befriend to help guide a newbie?

2. Anyone know any guild that help out newbies?

Comments

• victorv1968victorv1968 Member Posts: 24

that all depends on what server you are playing on. 

I have many toons on many servers.  I mainly Play on the TEST server.  The test server is a nice server, When there is not a beta test (Age of Discovery is currently being beta tested). The Population is very low on test though.  Antonia Bayle has a high population and would prolly look at joining one of the bigger guilds (BlackHawks comes to mind).  If playing on Freeport server there are a few good guilds (Crafters Union was a really good guild). 

Let me know what server you play on and your toons name and will see what kinda trouble we can get into.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508

Depends which version (Live versus Extended) you're playing.

If Extended (Freeport Server) my guild Fidei Defensor is a pretty good place for new players to start.

While not a high end raiding guild, the constant flux of new players means that someone is always running lower level content (lvl 15-40 dungeons far more often than most other guilds.  (and higher level players routinely mentor down to assist and lead people through them)

We have a guild bank which members share their low level spells and gear regularly, a great guild crafting area with access to community materials (we all contribute to the box) and knowledgeable players who can answer most questions.

We're a bit of "invite everyone" guild however we always have over 100 members online at all times and at least 20-40 people in voice chat. (and we're a Level 90 guild which does impart some benefits as well)

If you play US Eastern times look for me in the evenings on my main Kallyope

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• LashleyLashley Member UncommonPosts: 587

ive just started, where the hell do I get quests from?

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508

Well, they should be all around you in your starting zone, look for feather symbols on your mini-map.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

this is a helpful solo quest guide -- for all zones, all levels

http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Soloing_Timeline

• KillHurtKillHurt Member Posts: 347

Originally posted by Lashley

1. Anyone I can befriend to help guide a newbie?

2. Anyone know any guild that help out newbies?

I am just about to start out my journey in EQ2. I have been  a GW player for about 3 years, but am now just waiting for GW2.

Would love to level/quest with you. Please send me a message!

Anyone else who is just now starting out, please let me know!