Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMO; Build your living space!

EliteKillaEliteKilla Member Posts: 28

Hi everybody.... 

Is there an mmo out there that has an advanced version of a housing system, similar to FFXI? 

I loved the ability to grow plants and such, store items, decorate walls and add furniture to increase storage space. I don't know why more games don't do this. :(

Comments

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

Originally posted by EliteKilla

Hi everybody.... 

Is there an mmo out there that has an advanced version of a housing system, similar to FFXI? 

I loved the ability to grow plants and such, store items, decorate walls and add furniture to increase storage space. I don't know why more games don't do this. :(

Always love housing, unless they re-create the vast slums of tracts of abandoned empty homes.

Fortunately the devs learned a little something from the first couple of disasters.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• marinridermarinrider Member UncommonPosts: 1,556

Try Runes of Magic.  I believe its housing system is similar to what you described.

• dreamsofwardreamsofwar Member Posts: 468

Hm i don't know about everything you describe but i know LOTRO has a great housing system.

Each race has its own types of houses and specific location for them.

An example of this would be say, hobbit houses. If you wanted to buy a hobbit house you would go to the Shire and go to the housing broker. You would be given a list of  numerous neighbourhoods. Each neighbourhood is instanced and has a set number of each type of house: small, deluxe and kin (guild) house and you can see all the players in your neighbourhood and even visit their houses if granted permission. You can also travel freely to all neighbourhoods.

The houses depending on size have a certain number of 'hooks'. These hooks act as slots for furniture and decoration like paintings and such. You can change the flooring, the wall paint and even the wall structure like a wooden look, stone etc. You can also choose to decorate the outside with statues, trees, plants, water fountains, ancient ruins and all sorts!

Its the best housing system ive found yet in a theme park MMO and the game itself is pretty good too with an excellent community which is rare to find anywhere else.

• DraronDraron Member Posts: 993

The best housing systems (IMO) are Ultima's, EverQuest 2's, and Linkrealms.

• EliteKillaEliteKilla Member Posts: 28

Thanks for the replys, I am deffenetly going to be checking out these games, I don't know why but I am drawn to these types of games! Thanks for the help! 

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

ArcheAge is quite a ways from being released in NA,but it wil lhave housing and allow you to make a garden.I am not sure how in depth the AA system will be yet,tough to get info on the game.

FFXI gardening was inside the home,not realistic but for obvious reasons the PS2 can only handle so much game quality.

Runes of magic been awhile since i played,but if i remember right the only customization was to learn books or something like that inside your home.

Most all other games are simply instances with the ability to furnish nothing more,no depth.FFXI had some depth but could have went alot further.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.