Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Raving Rabbid needs your help!

RavingRabbidRavingRabbid Member UncommonPosts: 1,168

My fellow Sith. I am having a hard time deciding what path I should follow (Primarily)  as I had fun on both the assasin and Sorcerer trees. Let me know what your thoughts were on the trees and the game play assiciated with the class and trees.

***Do not use this thread as a Troll / Doom and Gloom / Dislike SWTOR post please***

All my opinions are just that..opinions. If you like my opinions..coolness.If you dont like my opinion....I really dont care.
Playing: ESO, WOT, Smite, and Marvel Heroes

Comments

• kishekishe Member UncommonPosts: 2,012

Sorc if you want to play healer/support DPS role, Assasin if you want burst dps/semi-tank role.

• holifeetholifeet Member Posts: 532

I'm in the same predicament. I don't know where I'm going to go either. I look at the trees for sorceror and they all look like a mixed bag. The few abilities I got to pick in the beta weekend were from two different trees.

If I was to base my decision on final abilities (but I don't think I;d get that far) then I'd say lightening.

All hail the Pixel, for it is glorious Orange!
  • holifeetholifeet Member Posts: 532

Originally posted by kishe

Sorc if you want to play healer/support DPS role, Assasin if you want burst dps/semi-tank role.

I don't know if that's so true and I'm basing that on the fact that you said healer/support dps. I'm fully intent on being a sorceror and also fully intent on being a damage dealing nightmare. It's more than possible. I'll have my heals but they'll be back up. I'll blind people with my potential and they won't care that I have heals.

The way I see it is sorceror equals death from afar and assassin equals death in your face.

I see SWTOR groups being made up of a mixture of healers rather than one full out healer. I'd like to think that anyway, because I don't want to be confined to a healer role when i think I'm dps.

All hail the Pixel, for it is glorious Orange!
  • VeldekarVeldekar Member Posts: 220

I guess it boils down to  what your personal play style is, but I voted Sorc-Lightning. I really liked that build, personally, and that will be my 2nd alt (behind:main-GS and 1st alt-Commando)

Never tried the Assasin build so I can't comment on that...

Edit: oops, typo.

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

Didn't play the game yet so I can't help you, rodent pal.

But *I* would pick a sneaky assassin. Not sure which tree is best for solo pvp pwnage but that would be my aim.

Dual surprise lightsabers all across the sky!

• CazNeergCazNeerg Member Posts: 2,198

Real Sith don't heal.  And they don't get in close where an enemy can hit them, when they can stand 30m back and fry them with lightning.  I think you see where this is going...

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

• DexterMMODexterMMO Member Posts: 484

You're a Raving Rabbid so I would say Madness of course.

Everything I say is my opinion or personal preference. You may or may not find it useful to your cause but regardless I am entitled to it.