Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft: Hour of Twilight Official Trailer

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Blizzard Entertainment has released the official trailer for the World of Warcraft v4.3 update, Hour of Twilight. Check it out.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• teveritteteveritte Member Posts: 10

Release timming seems kinda funny, everyone online has been talking about SWTOR. I wonder if many people will even notice this.

• Dynamic1325Dynamic1325 Member UncommonPosts: 70

Originally posted by teveritte

Release timming seems kinda funny, everyone online has been talking about SWTOR. I wonder if many people will even notice this.

I'd say the majority of people discussing wow are on mmochamp as opposed to here.

• ComnitusComnitus Member Posts: 2,462

0:48 - BY THE POWER OF SUNSHINE!!! PEW PEW!!!

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903

I miss the Blizzard that used to make top notch 3D animated trailers rather than using cheap in game footage.  Yeah I know it's just a patch, but they have the $ to do it right and try to get people excited.

• MMOtoGOMMOtoGO Member Posts: 630

Originally posted by FrodoFragins

I miss the Blizzard that used to make top notch 3D animated trailers rather than using cheap in game footage.  Yeah I know it's just a patch, but they have the $ to do it right and try to get people excited.

For a patch? They've never done 3d cinematics for patches. None that I have ever seen anyways. 

• DJJazzyDJJazzy Member UncommonPosts: 2,053

Pretty weak trailer, especially for the last big bad boss in this expansion. There are fan made trailers better than this.

• CujoSWAoACujoSWAoA Member UncommonPosts: 1,781

I don't recall seeing a CGI trailer for World of Warcraft for years. 

Not that I'm complaining, I think that entire world is hideous whether its CGI'd or the poorly aging in-game graphics.

• MMOtoGOMMOtoGO Member Posts: 630

Originally posted by DJJazzy

Pretty weak trailer, especially for the last big bad boss in this expansion. There are fan made trailers better than this.

Have you seen the Onyxia trailer from patch 1.3? http://youtu.be/GblEv-K_fIw

• MyPreciousssMyPreciousss Member Posts: 427

The same ugly poor textures and bulky bodies for 7 years. People still playing WoW deserve some sort of official reward.

• TwohededboyTwohededboy Member Posts: 200

Originally posted by MyPreciousss

The same ugly poor textures and bulky bodies for 7 years. People still playing WoW deserve some sort of official reward.

We do get a reward, we play one of the best MMOs around.

• knightauditknightaudit Member UncommonPosts: 389

Blizzard .. bit late for the 2 Million that you lost .. and looks like a rehash of old content ... Going back to Northrend?

I think SWTOR has you beat on this .. after the beta weekend ...

• BabyChooChooBabyChooChoo Member Posts: 29

A new day, but it's still cool to hate WoW apparently. If you don't like the game then why even click on an article about it, watch the trailer, then comment? Save yourself and everyone else the headache and just move on.

Everyone wins.

• ComafComaf Member UncommonPosts: 1,150

Something tells me SW:ToR will be Free to Play after a year.  A lot of folks leave wow for 1-3 months, then come back.  As crappy as the graphics are and as childish as a lot of the content is, it's typical to see this.  This is a dark era for mmorpgs - where plastic and cosmetic have overruled creativity.

WTB Elder Scrolls meets Dark Age of Camelot meets Medieval Total War.

• DredphyreDredphyre Member Posts: 601

Originally posted by Comaf

I'd play that.

• oubersoubers Member UncommonPosts: 855

i find the trailer to be pretty good.....some of that gameplay looks realy good imho.

And i am no wow player (anymore). :)

• manio22manio22 Member UncommonPosts: 35

i think the only people that find this video good, are ex-wow players such as myself

I may not agree with what you say but I will defend to the death your right to say it
    --Voltaire

• Servant-XIIServant-XII Member Posts: 34

As a non-WoW player (I have NEVER played this game and I generally loathe the high fantasy genre), this video does nothing for me to make me want to play. Just the opposite actually.

However, I will say this: a game's graphics does not make the game. It's simply for gamers who have high end computers which is not most. If the content and gameplay is still good, then the best graphics is not necessary because graphics is last on the list on what keeps gamers playing a game.

It's a seven year old game that still has a loyal player base which happens to be the biggest in the world of MMORPGs. Hate all you want but they're doing something right. How long that will last remains to be seen.

CoH Supergroup: The Millennium Paladins

• Zookz1Zookz1 Member Posts: 629

Originally posted by teveritte

Ummm what? The several million people who play this game may take notice.

• pwnasauruspwnasaurus Member UncommonPosts: 71

Did anyone else find themselves uttering "re-skin, re-skin, re-skin...." repeatedly while they rolled through the boss/mob fight clips?

I suppose the main force of their dev effort is focused on Titan atm. Sure doesn't entice me to play again...

• DJJazzyDJJazzy Member UncommonPosts: 2,053

Originally posted by pwnasaurus

Did anyone else find themselves uttering "re-skin, re-skin, re-skin...." repeatedly while they rolled through the boss/mob fight clips?

It seems like they put out the patch and right before it they thought " crap, we forgot the trailer", so they put this together in an hour or so.

• chopgrchopgr Member Posts: 179

was about to say that lol!

WoW is about to hit the bench mate.

There is a new player in the field. Not many care about the Old King.

http://www.youtube.com/user/chopgr?feature=mhee

"The Heavens burned, the stars
    cried out
    And under the ashes of infinity,
    Hope, scarred and bleeding,
    breathed its last."

• amimiaamimia Member UncommonPosts: 73

Originally posted by Comaf

Something tells me SW:ToR will be Free to Play after a year.  A lot of folks leave wow for 1-3 months, then come back.  As crappy as the graphics are and as childish as a lot of the content is, it's typical to see this.  This is a dark era for mmorpgs - where plastic and cosmetic have overruled creativity.

Lol keep praying for SW:TOR to go F2P. I doubt it. I think this is one that will survive the money issues that many other mmo's in the past have had. Dont get me wrong WOW will keep 8-10 mil but I think SW:TOR will hold its own.