Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you have a dead pixel?

i wonder how many ppl are wanting to replace their monitors after the beata weekend because of that UI anomoly?

Comments

• jadedlevirjadedlevir Member Posts: 628

Hmmm. I noticed a dead pixel in the game, but haven't seen it since. Just assumed it was a game bug.

• EndDreamEndDream Member Posts: 1,152

nope.

Remember Old School Ultima Online

• KenrichKenrich Member UncommonPosts: 127

If it was in the top left part of your monitor dont worry about it The client was buggy .

o.O

• VeldekarVeldekar Member Posts: 220

Yeah its an orange-colored pixel just behind the chat window. Don't worry its not your monitor, its just a graphic bug in game  that popped up recently.

• holifeetholifeet Member Posts: 532

There's a new Church of the Orange Pixel...

Services are held every time the game goes down for maintanence and take place in general discussion atthe TOR website...

All hail the Pixel...for it is glorious Orange. image

There's actually a growing thread in general discussion at the official TOR forums. It is said it is gone in the latest build.

All hail the Pixel, for it is glorious Orange!
  • IsturiIsturi Member Posts: 1,509

OMG I had to force myself to not stare at it or it would of drove me crazy.

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

My impression of the OPOD was that it was intentional. A way to determine if screenshots made public were taken during this open stress test as opposed to earlier closed tests. I wouldn't be surprised if they had something similar during previous tests.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • marinridermarinrider Member UncommonPosts: 1,556

Anyone have a SS of it so that I can see?

• WarjinWarjin Member UncommonPosts: 1,216

Originally posted by VooDoo_Papa

i wonder how many ppl are wanting to replace their monitors after the beata weekend because of that UI anomoly?

I had the same problem I thought It was my monitor untill I checked it on another game.

The Pixel was right under the chat and was driving me NUTS.

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

Originally posted by marinrider

Anyone have a SS of it so that I can see?

About an inch below the comma in the chat box sentence "Yeah I found it,"

http://images.mmorpg.com//images/galleries/full/492011/c7f3b88e-351e-4b97-ba7f-7de5cade3a15.jpg

Or

http://www.mmorpg.com/photo/11ac8ea0-cf0d-4fb5-b02d-6289362e4629

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • MalteseMaltese Member Posts: 60

Originally posted by holifeet

There's a new Church of the Orange Pixel...

Services are held every time the game goes down for maintanence and take place in general discussion atthe TOR website...

All hail the Pixel...for it is glorious Orange. image

There's actually a growing thread in general discussion at the official TOR forums. It is said it is gone in the latest build.

Church of the Orange Pixel? What kind of heresy is this? The Disciples of the Dot will never stand for such blasphemy, heathen!

• sbantingsbanting Member Posts: 238

I thought it was part of the UI until I closed the chat window, as that dead pixel was in the middle of the chat bar, where u type. I even wiped area of the dead pixel with my finger to see if it was dirt at the start lol.

• IsawaIsawa Member UncommonPosts: 1,051

I had three specks on my screen that all resembled the orange pixel, I removed the two false ones and was completely confused why this third one wouldn't come off my screen. I did some forum searching and found the reason!

• Biggus99Biggus99 Member Posts: 916

No I don't have a dead pixel, I just had a little too much to drink, okay?  And my work is stressing me out.  This has never happened to me before, I swear it.  

• ReesRacerReesRacer Member UncommonPosts: 179

the pixel was actually mentioned specifically in the "known issues" developer post on the testing forums, and said quite playfully not to blame your monitor for it! :)

• bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044

I'm glad I wasn't the only one! I thought my monitor was dying on me. That was a weird glitch.

EDIT: Who left their Chat Box in the upper right hand corner? That was the first thing I changed when I started playing. Unfortunately that was the only UI element I could move.

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

• PTEDPTED Member Posts: 464

Didn't notice it until I read the topic of known bugs. Couldn't stop looking after.