Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wow, it's been too long Archlord

PsychoPigeonPsychoPigeon Member UncommonPosts: 565

Can't believe they're making a second game, really want to see how it differs from the 1st.

Comments

• JoeyMMOJoeyMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,326

Been too long? I hope it's nothing even remotely like Archlord, because I'm really done with that game and Korean grinders as a whole really.

imageimage
  • PsychoPigeonPsychoPigeon Member UncommonPosts: 565

Then you're kinda in the wrong place then...

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

Not sure I'd play Archlord X myself. I remember buying Archlord from CodeMasters back then because it looked fun, but in the end it was just a simple "Kill 10 rats" MMO without any real depth. Good it went F2P then, because it was not worth to buy nor pay a subscription for.

My guess is that AX will be much the same...

• daeandordaeandor Member UncommonPosts: 2,695

I actually won a copy of Archlord here on mmorpg.com.  I didn't stick with it, but it is interesting to me to see what they will learn from the original and if it will remain the same type of grinder.

• cyber7chinkcyber7chink Member UncommonPosts: 61

From what I have read on a few other sites, Archlord X is a westernized version of Archlord.

Also, this is not considered Archlord 2. Eventhough X is set 100 years after the first, its not Archlord or Archlord 2.

At this time, there are only Humans and Orcs.

New UI

New maps

Leveling curve has been adjusted to fit Western style gaming

and a few other imporvements.

• BenthonBenthon Member Posts: 2,069

I hated the gender locked races... among the other various Korean similarities.

He who keeps his cool best wins.

I enjoyed the first one for a few months.

I am looking forward to seeing if they did improve on the original. From what all I read, majority of it is the same, just overhauled client to improve gameply, westernized, and a new storyline set 100 years after the first one.

If you played the first one, you will find that the core system is familiar and you wont get that "newbie" feeling... much.

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

Same engine, same graphics same combat on a different looking map with a little better quests. Most other game companies would just patch the main game with this but they decided to make it seperate.

Originally posted by Kabaal

Same engine, same graphics same combat on a different looking map with a little better quests. Most other game companies would just patch the main game with this but they decided to make it seperate.

Allowing to have more than one version of a game that can appeal to more than one type of target audience. This is good for many reasons.

• velebnicekvelebnicek Member UncommonPosts: 85

Originally posted by cyber7chink

Originally posted by Kabaal
    Allowing to have more than one version of a game that can appeal to more than one type of target audience. This is good for many reasons.

No it's not good. Not a different version. It's exactly the same game Archlord was in beta. Just different textures. It even uses same models and music.
    Laggy, buggy, very unfinished, grind fest.