Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for mmos with crafting,housing,and mounts included

Riverleaf_BRiverleaf_B Member Posts: 17

Which mmorpgs has all 3 of the features of item crafting,player housing,and riding mounts included inside? Could someone name them?

Comments

• travdotytravdoty Member UncommonPosts: 274

You need to be more specific..... lots of MMO's have those these days.

• SonictempalSonictempal Member Posts: 55

Originally posted by travdoty

You need to be more specific..... lots of MMO's have those these days.

Name 5 just to help the OP....Thank you.

• DonevDonev Member Posts: 143

You need to be more specific.....very very few of MMO's have those these days.

Fixed that for you. 

Originally posted by Donev

Fixed that for you. 

So you're telling me very very few MMO's have mounts, crafting, and housing? Don't make me laugh.

Back to the OP.... what exactly are you looking for in a game other than those three components?

• ProstiProsti Member Posts: 45

Yeah, let the other two stipulate the VERY VERY FEW factor of what MMO's your looking at. Because your lucky to find a decent one with any of those qualities.

• LariendelLariendel Member Posts: 23

I'm not an mmo guru but I can think of 3 quickly off the top of my head, Ultima online, Mortal online, Lord of the Rings Online, and I'm pretty sure there are a lot more, but like the last guy said, if you want a GOOD mmo with these things, you're most likely going to just be dissapointed.

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619

It really depends on your idea of crafting to be honest.  LotRO has all those, SWG had those, CoH doesnt have mounts (unless you consider a slying boogie board a mount) but you can fly.  ToR will have those and I also think Vanguard has those.

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

Fixed that for you. 

So you're telling me very very few MMO's have mounts, crafting, and housing? Don't make me laugh.

Back to the OP.... what exactly are you looking for in a game other than those three components?

Again, name a few for the OP....just to be helpful.

• AlthewiseguyAlthewiseguy Member Posts: 108

With not much else to go on your preferences. Try out Lord of the rings online. If you like the middle-earth setting you should enjoy it. The crafting system I find very enjoyable and housing whilst the system isnt perfect. is fun nonetheless. Mounts dont have a ton of variation of species. But mostly the armor your mount has. 

• BenediktBenedikt Member UncommonPosts: 1,406

vanguard

lotro

eq2

ultima

wurm online

runes of magic

maybe istaria (i am not sure if it does have mounts)

out of those i would say only vanguard and wurm (and istaria) has "proper" housing, others has only instanced one afair

Originally posted by Sonictempal

Fixed that for you. 

if we would wait for that troll, OP would proly never get any answer

Originally posted by Benedikt

Lol, just because I hadn't given a straightforward answer yet doesn't mean I'm a troll. I was geniunely asking for more specifics so I COULD give him some suggestions, but it looks like other people have done that already.

• ChicagoCubChicagoCub Member UncommonPosts: 381

Fallen Earth

• Riverleaf_BRiverleaf_B Member Posts: 17

Ok thank you,I will try The Lord of The Rings Online. I am fond of the fantasy genre,fighting monsters with swords and and magic and such. I also like those pretty fantasy worlds with dungeon caves with treasures.

Originally posted by Sonictempal

Fixed that for you. 

True....Thanks for helping the OP

By the way,I'm finacially poor so I have to to stick with tthe free to play mmos for now. I think that LoTRO fits my budget,is there any others above mentioned that are free too?

Originally posted by Riverleaf_B

Ok thank you,I will try The Lord of The Rings Online. I am fond of the fantasy genre,fighting monsters with swords and and magic and such. I also like those pretty fantasy worlds with dungeon caves with treasures.

in that case i would proly suggest more vanguard:

it has FAR better crafting (imho)

it has better housing

on the other hand:

in lotro you will have house proly a lot sooner then in vanguard

lotro has a lot bigger population

lotro is f2p (more or less)

• Biggus99Biggus99 Member Posts: 916

Originally posted by ChicagoCub

Fallen Earth

I don't think that has housing. 

By the way,I'm finacially poor so I have to to stick with tthe free to play mmos for now. I think that LoTRO fits my budget,is there any others above mentioned that are free too?

runes of magic is f2p

istaria and wurm have f2p options with restrictions

(tho since you mention you like fantasy fights and dungeons then wurm proly isnt for you, it is more of the pure crafters game (it does have pve and on paid server also pvp, but it is kind of week))

edit:

i completely forgot: eq2 has now also f2p option with restrictions (but rather big ones)

I see some have suggested Runes of Magic. I would stay away from that game at all costs. That game is the biggest cash-grab pay-to-win game on the market, hands down. 

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Which mmorpgs has all 3 of the features of item crafting,player housing,and riding mounts included inside? Could someone name them?

Well the obvious EQ2,but i am waiting for ArcheAge,i can't support Smedley anymore,he is too crooked.

I think you should also look at meaningful crafting/housing and mounts.I think AA "might" do a decent job in those areas.

ArcheAge is in it's final 4th closed BEta,it lasts 80 days,then probably an open beta and thta is for Korea.../sigh.I think AA won't hit NA shores until at least mid of next year .../sigh.So idk maybe go play  on the free EQ2x server [Freeport] until you see something better.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914

EQ2 is the best option for what you want

I see some have suggested Runes of Magic. I would stay away from that game at all costs. That game is the biggest cash-grab pay-to-win game on the market, hands down. 

well, thats usually completelly up to you, i dont remember EVER paying anything in any f2p game i played, including RoM.

but then again, i usually play p2p games :)

well, thats usually completelly up to you, i dont remember EVER paying anything in any f2p game i played, including RoM.

but then again, i usually play p2p games :)

You don't HAVE to buy from the cash shop in RoM, you're right, but if you want to be at all competitive and keep up with all the kids with mommy's credit card, you pretty much have to. Also, RoM is the absolute worst with gold-sellers. All I saw in chat was bots spamming gold for sale or just regular people talking about needing to buy more gold to get something.

But lets not derail the thread. Honestly, someone suggested EQ2 for you and I might have to agree. ArchAge is going to blow EQ2 out of the water when it hits North America, but for now it is probably your best bet.

Ok,I'll have a look at EverQuest 2. Vanguard has a free trial,but it isn't really free.  Alright,I will avoid Runes of Magic,if you advise it. I'll pass on Istaria,because I couldn't see what their classes or races were.