Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Had enough of Cata caters to casuals

tordurbartordurbar Member UncommonPosts: 421

Everywhere I read (on this site and so many others) I hear the comment - "Blizzard ruined WOW because they made Cata easy - for the casuals".

I am sick and tired of this mantra. It is 110% crap.

1. Casuals like the journey. I HATE how Blizz rushes through levels 1-70+ now. Half the quests are gone. Crafting is useless. Why did Blizz do this? For the hard-core PVP and PVE. They are the ones that want to rush to level cap so that they can start doing the level cap raids, wargrounds and arenas. For raiders and pvpers the game begins at level max thus they want to rush through the early levels - which Cata allows them to do.

2. Blizz made it harder at the higher levels not easier. Of course the hard-core don't believe that - they all have the top epic gear from wotlk raiding. I could breeze through levels 80 -85 too if I had their gear.  I had all greens and a few epics from woltk and I did not do half as well (and enjoyed it half as much) as I did with the earlier expansions. Yes I am a noob. Most casuals are noobs compared to the wow-is-my-life raiders and pvpers.

3. The talent change was done to make it easier for Blizz to balance pvp and raids. The talent change was what killed WOW for me. After 6 years of subbing I quit. They made fewer talents not for the casuals but for the raiders and pvpers. Casuals like to play with their skills and talents - raiders and pvp are min/maxers. Making fewer talents make the programming easier thus making balancing easier [as if they ever can make perfect balance].

I could go on but why? The word "on the street" is that "Cata caters to the casuals". I am sure that Blizzard believes it. You don't think so - look at the proposed talent changes for MOP. 6 talents??!!! I might as well be playing Guild Wars!

And if you think that MOP with its pandas is aimed at the casual market think again. What country has the most WOW subscribers? China. That is why the pandas - to get even more Chinese subs.

Fin

Comments

• tordurbartordurbar Member UncommonPosts: 421

LOL. Typical response from the hard-core. If you can't think of anything to say - insult them.

• FaelsunFaelsun Member UncommonPosts: 501

Well they actually catered specifically to Raiders, gave them everything they wanted which of course totally broke the game and has almost turned it into Everquest II. The game is failing because Everquest II already failed, Ghostcrawlers quest to turn WOW into Everquest II is almost complete. The Reason CAT and the next expansion are failures is because WOW cut its teeth on having something for everyone, now not so much. Now its just for Raiders, and raiders dont like PVP, they dont like Crafting, or any sandbox elements, they dont like travel time and dont like being attacked in safe zones, which to them is every place in the game. In the old days before they called themselves Raiders, we called them PVE carebears, which is their true name, Raider sounds less cowerdly and more hardcore, but its the same group of players.

• Drekker17Drekker17 Member Posts: 296

Cata wasn't catering to anyone, it's a big example of trying to please everybody, but not pleasing anybody.

"Great minds talk about ideas, average minds talk about events, and small minds talk about people." - Eleanor Roosevelt
    "Americans used to roar like lions for liberty; now we bleat like sheep for security." -Norman Vincent Peale

• RazeronRazeron Member Posts: 180

Originally posted by tordurbar

They made fewer talents not for the casuals but for the raiders and pvpers

Fin

No, they dumbed it down {mod edit}

The casuals, {mod edit} and people who shouldn't be allowed to own a computer in the first place.

You know that 800 DPS enhancement shaman back in Heroic Halls of Lightning with 71pts into Enh, and Enh only?

That's why.

That's the trash that made it to 85 then ended up being the dead weight dragging your entry-85 level Heroic Cataclysm run group down.

I guess they figured it was still complex {mod edit}

The raiders were the very LAST people who needed or wanted their talent trees faceraped, and for the record, I didn't  raid in WoW, because it's always been a big joke to me after EQ1's style of grinding and raid content.

• ScalebaneScalebane Member UncommonPosts: 1,883

Well i know the six talents look bad at first but if you look at what they are doing all the other talents that you would normally pick are being given to you the six are just to tweak your guy a bit so you really aren't losing anything imo.

as for them catering to casuals, yeah they do in a way, thats why we have 10 and 25 man raids, 10 is easier for casuals to get together supposedly.  the raids start off fairly hard then after so many months they start getting toned down so other people can  experiance the raids and their stories.  i don't really see a problem with it and ive been raiding for awhile. 

i guess people need to rage for what ever reason i just don't see the point in getting angry over others getting to experiance blizzards content.

"The great thing about human language is that it prevents us from sticking to the matter at hand."
    - Lewis Thomas

• pmilespmiles Member Posts: 383

Originally posted by tordurbar

LOL. Typical response from the hard-core. If you can't think of anything to say - insult them.

Says the person who is still playing WoW...

Funny, but when real people leave games, they just leave them... they don't leave a note behind.  The ones who leave notes never really leave... which perpetuates the problems rather than solves them.

• eddieg50eddieg50 Member UncommonPosts: 1,809

I agree with the op , as a casual player I enjoyed vanilla wow so much more than cata wow, casual players are not looking to rush to end game because many of them will never see it so they like the challenge and the journey of leveling up and wow has taken that away and made it easier for the end game fanatics to get where they want, to bad

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

Originally posted by eddieg50

I agree with the op , as a casual player I enjoyed vanilla wow so much more than cata wow, casual players are not looking to rush to end game because many of them will never see it so they like the challenge and the journey of leveling up and wow has taken that away and made it easier for the end game fanatics to get where they want, to bad

I dislike what they did to all the old zones under 60

there is no challenge doing under 60 quests anymore

it was never hard but old solo quests at least had some elites to kill

edit:

in Blizzards exit poll, they dont list the game being too easy / less challenging as one of the dissatisfication reasons but I wrote that in

I still like WOW but less challenges while leveling = less fun

• eddieg50eddieg50 Member UncommonPosts: 1,809

Originally posted by Nadia

Originally posted by eddieg50

I dislike what they did to all the old zones under 60

there is no challenge doing under 60 quests anymore

it was never hard but old solo quests at least had some elites to kill

edit:

in Blizzards exit poll, they dont list the game being too easy / less challenging as one of the dissatisfication reasons but I wrote that in

I still like WOW but less challenges while leveling = less fun

And Lotro has done the same thing!  I guess that is why I play Vanguard

• RazeronRazeron Member Posts: 180

{mod edit} {mod edit} {mod edit} {mod edit} {mod edit}

Oh, sorry, I didn't know we were in elementary school here.

Though it is the World of Warcraft forums so...