Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Finding my MMO Solution is solved.

2»

Comments

• Swollen_BeefSwollen_Beef Member UncommonPosts: 190

Originally posted by Eleazaros

I've met folks with 12+ accounts and read posts by others planning on up to 40 accounts.

This is where the "EVE is more a hobby than a game" argument comes from.

• GeminiStaticGeminiStatic Member UncommonPosts: 182

Hey man, the game is awesome. It's a thinking man's game. I do understand the whoel dark screen and dots argument, but the truth is ...its the best sandbox game you're ever going to get in terms of game mechanics. I'll tell you what though... if you can look past it... it's probably the best MMO available. 

Old School Gamer - http://www.rsclegacy.com/
  • eddieg50eddieg50 Member UncommonPosts: 1,809

Originally posted by GeminiStatic

Hey man, the game is awesome. It's a thinking man's game. I do understand the whoel dark screen and dots argument, but the truth is ...its the best sandbox game you're ever going to get in terms of game mechanics. I'll tell you what though... if you can look past it... it's probably the best MMO available. 

Believe it or not I like Runescape better, the best sand box game i have ever played is Shadowbane

• GeminiStaticGeminiStatic Member UncommonPosts: 182
    How is Runescape a sandbox game?
    Old School Gamer - http://www.rsclegacy.com/
  • eddieg50eddieg50 Member UncommonPosts: 1,809

well like Eve   it is actuallly more of a hybrid, like Eve it has quests and has a massive crafting system, like Eve quests are not the main part of the game but can be if you wish, if you want you can spend 3 hours bakeing a cake (why you would do that is beyond me) , Like Eve it is a skill based system so you are not pegged into one character, you can go any where be anything you want.   It has actuall graphics of people, homes dungeons, monsters , it is not a spread sheet (that being said the graphics are not great)

• LashleyLashley Member UncommonPosts: 587

Seriously? /facepalm

How isn't it?

• EnjoyYourEnjoyYour Member Posts: 15

Originally posted by Lashley

Seriously? /facepalm

How isn't it?

Perhaps providing the question with answers would be more productive than a face palm.

• LashleyLashley Member UncommonPosts: 587

Originally posted by EnjoyYour

Seriously? /facepalm

How isn't it?

Perhaps providing the question with answers would be more productive than a face palm.

I wouldn't have though I'd need to.

So Runescape is a themepark game then?

• EnjoyYourEnjoyYour Member Posts: 15

Originally posted by EnjoyYour

Seriously? /facepalm

How isn't it?

I wouldn't have though I'd need to.

So Runescape is a themepark game then?

Just trying to get you to be more helpful, than the usual hinderence that such comments provide in a discussion. You know what I am saying. Snarky attitudes do not help. You may think you know it all, and that anyone who does not know must be "stupid", but as you get older, you will realize the error of your current approach to those "not in the know"

Cheers.

• KiljaedenasKiljaedenas Member Posts: 468

Originally posted by eddieg50

Believe it or not I like Runescape better, the best sand box game i have ever played is Shadowbane

Runescape?! That's an even worse grindathon than traditional MMOs! If that's the kind of game you really like, you sir have almost inhuman patience.

On a different note, I find it funny when people complain about Eve's skill training system. In traditional MMOs to train a skill you have to use it again, and again, and again, and again, and again....and you can't do anything else except do that skill, otherwise it doesn't evolve. Your character, your gameplay and your real life are stuck training that skill if you want it to get better.

With Eve Online's system, you set some skills to training and then you can go mine, build, kill someone, play a different game for a break, turn off the computer and have a nap, have some lunch, have some sex, go on a vacation to Hawaii...when you come back, the skill(s) is(are) all trained up. It does the skill grinding for you without you even having to think about it or spend any direct time on it.

Someone explain to me the logic behind why that is a bad thing.

Where's the any key?