Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com needs a chatroom

MMORPG.com seriously needs a chatroom. I have been posting threads of subjects that I wanted to discuss with the other mmo players,only to find them moved or just disappearing without a trace. Where is that LoTRO thread that was supposed to answer my questions?

MMORPG.com,please create a chatting system,if you hate my threads.

I know that this  thread is in Off Topic  Discussion,I will look back here later.

Comments

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

It had one. No one used it. It no longer has one.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679
    Join the steam group and use that chat room!

I was there chatting with myself a few months ago but yah o.o

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912

If threads are moved, you will still be able to find them by returning to your post history. But please post threads in the appropriate forum. This will be moved to Site Suggestions in a minute.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,540

Originally posted by Riverleaf_B

MMORPG.com seriously needs a chatroom. I have been posting threads of subjects that I wanted to discuss with the other mmo players,only to find them moved or just disappearing without a trace. Where is that LoTRO thread that was supposed to answer my questions?

I know that this  thread is in Off Topic  Discussion,I will look back here later.

I need to ask about having a little arrow for moved threads so people can follow them for awhile after they've been moved. :)

As for a chat room, we had one, and it was both inactive and an incredible pain to moderate (go figure). We canned it awhile ago. Sorry!

Michael "MikeB" Bitton
    Community Manager
    Twitter: @eMikeB

• VirusDancerVirusDancer Member UncommonPosts: 3,649

Originally posted by MikeB

Originally posted by Riverleaf_B

I need to ask about having a little arrow for moved threads so people can follow them for awhile after they've been moved. :)

As for a chat room, we had one, and it was both inactive and an incredible pain to moderate (go figure). We canned it awhile ago. Sorry!

Have to figure it would be impossible to moderate...lol.  We slip up enough even in forums - live chat - would take how long before most of the posters here would be banned?

Also, sheesh - the number of posts and replies that zip by... it would be almost impossible to have any kind of discussion.

The forums and messages definitely tends to work best for this kind of thing.

I miss the MMORPG genre. Will a developer ever make one again?

Explorer: 87%, Killer: 67%, Achiever: 27%, Socializer: 20%

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    It could have a catchy title like The Crucible of Hate and we could watch every positive statement crushed by fanboy comments and every negative opinion crushed by hater comments.

It's a terrible idea, if it took off it would become both inane and also mean people who can't spend 24hrs a day hooked up would miss most of the conversations, whereas with a forum I can follow a thread at my leisure