Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GW2 GPU Requirements?

just out of curiousity, what do you think this game will need to play on the highest settings?

reason to the asking is i'm making a new computer with a 6950 ati, i know GW has worked more closely with Nvidia, and am hoping that will be enough.

thanks in advance for replies.

Comments

• InkRavenInkRaven Member Posts: 26

Aimed at mid-rnage gaming specifications. Reqs are slightly higher than Guild Wars 1. Nothing else is certain.

• ABRaquelABRaquel Member UncommonPosts: 541

Originally posted by stizostedion

just out of curiousity, what do you think this game will need to play on the highest settings?

reason to the asking is i'm making a new computer with a 6950 ati, i know GW has worked more closely with Nvidia, and am hoping that will be enough.

If I'm not mistaken at Gamescon the demo machines were running with a 260GTX and that's several generations behind the 6950.

People said the game run very smooth with such an older card.

• ABRaquelABRaquel Member UncommonPosts: 541

Originally posted by Dawnbr3aker

You can look here,

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/forum/gw2-performance-gpu-and-resolution-t20429.html

Great chart and very good starting point for folks looking to upgrade for GW2.

• stizostedionstizostedion Member Posts: 23

thanks for the fast responses and good info.

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769

Originally posted by Dawnbr3aker

You can look here,

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/forum/gw2-performance-gpu-and-resolution-t20429.html

Good link! Thanks for posting.

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

basically discovered my old 9800gt computer can run it on high settings @1280, not bad.

i'm quite surprised that it's not more demanding based on how it looks!

• RoybeRoybe Member UncommonPosts: 420

The newest GPU by Nvidia, CN780.  Eats graphics like Chuck Norris kicks butt.  :)

• KonyakKonyak Member Posts: 156

basically discovered my old 9800gt computer can run it on high settings @1280, not bad.

Guild Wars graphics have never been a technical achievement. Artistically, that's a different story.

• Zeus.CMZeus.CM Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,788

I own ATI HD6950 1GB memory version and I can play any game at max settings. Gw2 is being developed for cards that you cannot even find in shops anymore. So don't worry. You can expect perfect performance with 6950 assuming you got decent processor. I reccomend AMD Phenom II 955 BE - really cheap and strong quad core processor.

Originally posted by Konyak

Guild Wars graphics have never been a technical achievement. Artistically, that's a different story.

yea, i'm not technical savvy in the least. i suppose based off the specs that these comparisons on guru are using GW2 is roughly the same engine as the first GW then, just highly polished?

i do appreciate reading the aim is at mid level systems to play it on decent settings.  one things forsure, it looks a lot better than the original and still after all these years GW still isn't a bad looking game in the least.

Originally posted by thedarkess

I own ATI HD6950 1GB memory version and I can play any game at max settings. Gw2 is being developed for cards that you cannot even find in shops anymore. So don't worry. You can expect perfect performance with 6950 assuming you got decent processor. I reccomend AMD Phenom II 955 BE - really cheap and strong quad core processor.

in exactly 5 days i'll be in possesion and putting together an 1100T Phenom 2 X6 with a zalman cooler and the 2gb variant of the 6950.  all 4 dimm slots will be occupied with 4gb sticks @ 1600. 

thanks for the recommend though, the 4 core is probable better for gaming and OCing than the 6, but the order was already placed. heh